Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA All-star

Default Re: What if CP3 went to the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Kobe would struggle playing with a ball dominant PG and then since Laker fans always place the blame on anyone not named Kobe, it would've been CP3 to take the fall and he would eventually be traded elsewhere.

I think it will challenge CP3's ability to draw foul in any quick catch situation.

who, is smart enough to figure it out I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    Kobe would struggle playing with a ball dominant PG and then since Laker fans always place the blame on anyone not named Kobe, it would've been CP3 to take the fall and he would eventually be traded elsewhere.
    What about the Olympic squads? Seemed to do fine there

Very good NBA starter

Assuming the Lakers still trade for Dwight I don't think they win a championship. Dwight doesn't become any less of a bitch and he doesn't all of a sudden want to run the pick and roll. I'd avoid Dwight all together and make the trade they made with the Sixers.

The Lakers would still be contending for world titles right now. That's simply the bottom line. CP3 would have made the thing work out. Plus Howard would have resigned with the Lakers as well. And Kobe's life would be A HELL OF A LOT EASIER than it is currently.

When u guys say ball dominant, DO U REALIZE most of the great PG's are ball dominant. CP3 is a pass first PG BUT he has alpha dog ability too. So he would make Kobe's life easier in two ways. CP3 would happily allow Kobe to get his. And Kobe is smart enough to know CP3 can help with scoring. With Howard there, Paul would likely be the third leading scorer anyway. Paul would be VERY CONTENT getting 15 points and 10-11 dimes a game.

I truly believe guys with the thought process of CP3, Lebron, Magic, or a Bird can play with anybody and make it work. It's their IQ and the way they see the game. Kobe playing with some of these other PG's who are more score first WOULD BE WAY MORE OF AN ISSUE that a guy like CP3.
    Last edited by bizil; 12-31-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

Both CP3 and D12 would've bolted after playing under Mike Brown. If they stayed and stuck with Dantoni I don't see how CP3 and D12 would have fit under his system. They would've gotten so frustrated and left.

Paul would be injured and playing golf right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Fpliii would overrate him even more.

Just kidding, bruuuuhhhh.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    Stern didn't veto the trade for no ****ing reason. He vetoed the trade cause the NBA was responsible for the Hornets and the Hornets would've got raped in that deal. The Clippers offer for Gordan and Minnesota 1st rounder was better AT THE TIME.

They ended up getting savagely an*l raped anyway.