Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Could Exum's agent keep him from working out with teams other than LA?

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    As someone else pointed out, another team could still pick him ahead of us depending on where we pick
    Surprised more people dont pull an Eli manning and outright tell franchises they wont play for them

Default Re: Could Exum's agent keep him from working out with teams other than LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    I agree with what you're saying.

The general public (us here on insidehoops) have only here say and highlight videos to go on.

Yeah, it's not like I'm bashing the guy... just asking for evidence why Laker fans are jizzing so hard for him

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    There's a lot to be said about drafting guys with game over pure athleticism, but just look at this kid. Freak wingspan for his quickness. It's the Durant effect. Nobody as quick as him will be as long as him. Looks super agile for his height. Obviously we haven't been able to see him play real games, but you can see he has skills. If he's got the freakish tools that he has you have to be confident enough that your coaching staff can mold him. It's not like you're drafting Jan Vesely where nobody knew anything outside of dunk montages.
    Thank you, this is what I was looking for. I still think having NO games against his competition is a red flag, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Yeah, it's not like I'm bashing the guy... just asking for evidence why Laker fans are jizzing so hard for him
    most posters here are sheep, they live in the moment and can't formulate their own opinions.

Because some scout says he's going to be great doesn't cut it for me.

as much as he could be the next Penny Hardaway, he could be the next Larry Hughes.

I don't have a justifiable opinion on him as all I've seen is highlights vs sub par competition.

This kid's upside is incredibly high, there's going to be doubters about him even after he gets drafted. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a similar year to Giannis, he's still pretty raw even though he has the physical gifts. His ceiling is up there with Wiggins though.

He gets his love because he's considered a point guard by many at his height Sort of why Shaun Livingston got so much hype during the 04 Draft, though Livingston is actually a point guard trapped in a wings body, while, Exum isn't really a point guard. He isn't even a "hybrid" point in the sense of a Westbrook/Rose either due to his passing leaving a ton to be desired, even when comparing to Russ while he was a Bruin. His handles are solid though to spot time at the point. He also is a solid scorer around the bucket, kind of reminds me of Maggette the way he attacks as well. Has absolutely no jumper either.

tl;dr, gets love due to being a tall "pg", isn't really a pg.

As far as his agent goes, yes, if Exum and his agent prefer one team, they could refuse work outs with other squads, or even multiple team work outs. Amare and his agent did this to the Clippers, who ended up taking Chris Wilcox at 8 and letting Amare go to the Suns at 9 due to not having the opportunity to work Amare out.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    He gets his love because he's considered a point guard by many at his height Sort of why Shaun Livingston got so much hype during the 04 Draft, though Livingston is actually a point guard trapped in a wings body, while, Exum isn't really a point guard. He isn't even a "hybrid" point in the sense of a Westbrook/Rose either due to his passing leaving a ton to be desired, even when comparing to Russ while he was a Bruin. His handles are solid though to spot time at the point. He also is a solid scorer around the bucket, kind of reminds me of Maggette the way he attacks as well. Has absolutely no jumper either.

tl;dr, gets love due to being a tall "pg", isn't really a pg.

As far as his agent goes, yes, if Exum and his agent prefer one team, they could refuse work outs with other squads, or even multiple team work outs. Amare and his agent did this to the Clippers, who ended up taking Chris Wilcox at 8 and letting Amare go to the Suns at 9 due to not having the opportunity to work Amare out.

Sooooo... he's an undersized ballhandling athletic SF?

Good shit. Let the Lakers draft the next Larry Hughes. We are laughing right now

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Sooooo... he's an undersized ballhandling athletic SF?
    Tocompare to a fellow draftee, think Kyle Anderson, with less passing ability but worlds more athleticism. A higher risk than Kyle, but his ceiling is sky high if he can add a bit of strength and a jumper.

Used to be high on him, but now I lean more with Clyde. He hasn't even been against D-1 college ball competition. He's a big guard with decent ball-handling skills who has trouble finishing with both hands, can't shoot worth a damn, and has slightly above average passing skills even at the level of competition he's on. Go ahead L.A. Draft him. Also this sounds particularly shady imo.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Tocompare to a fellow draftee, think Kyle Anderson, with less passing ability but worlds more athleticism. A higher risk than Kyle, but his ceiling is sky high if he can add a bit of strength and a jumper.
    Kyle Anderson lack of athleticism is cringe worthy.

He'll be good, I foresee Lamar Odom type of game....ability to to everything good, but nothing great.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Kyle Anderson lack of athleticism is cringe worthy.

He'll be good, I foresee Lamar Odom type of game....ability to to everything good, but nothing great.
    Lamar was great at doing everything good though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Lamar was great at doing everything good though.

Some of the time, yeah.

I still don't get the hype over this guy.. Potential and huge upside etc, those sound great in theory but the reality is the guy hasn't been playing. All you're basing judgement off is a few YouTube mixes from a year ago??

None of us are draft scouts, but look at the shit job they do most years
    It's always a gamble but at least you can see how these other guys play against real competition in college..

Banned

Have you guys actually read his full interviews? In the same one he talked about L.A and learning under kobe he mentioned he would ideally like to go to orlando to play with Oladipo (their friends). In another one he gave to an australian news site he said he would like to play in Philly as he thinks they are building a strong culture. The kid is open to playing anywhere and it's just the stupid press who don't read everything he has said who are jumping on the twitter talking point of him mentioning L.A.