Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default What is ACTUALLY going on with the Pacers?

Because the more i think about it, the more I realize that it is actually, somehow, hilariously plausible that they could lose to the Hawks, and not just an overreaction to one game. It isn't like the Pacers had a bad game, they have been playing like that or only slightly better since the start of March - they have shown close to no signs of getting their shit together. The chemistry is completely broken and Vogel can't seem to figure out how to fix it. As long as Teague continues to play well, there's no reason in my mind the Hawks couldn't pull this massive upset.

What I don't understand is how and why this is happening. We've never seen a bigger collapse than this. This team was on track to win 65 games, now they may not beat an 8th seed. I cannot possibly believe trading away Granger of George and the stripper thing would **** up the team that bad. There must be something going on and we just don't know. It is absolutely mind boggling.

Default Re: What is ACTUALLY going on with the Pacers?

Evan Turner catfished them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Nothing is is "ACTUALLY" going on with them. They are not a good offensive team...they are not an average offensive team...THEY ARE A BAD OFFENSIVE TEAM. I don't understand why anyone thinks Pacers can do anything when they are literally one of the 5 worst offensive teams in the league. You can't make up this big of difference with the great defense they do play. They are not close to as good defensively as the 2004 Pistons and as far as the game is now...worse offensively. You cannot be as terrible as the Pacers are offensively and expect to win it all.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-22-2014 at 01:41 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Nothing is is "ACTUALLY" going on with them. They are not a good offensive team...they are not an average offensive team...THEY ARE A BAD OFFENSIVE TEAM. I don't understand why anyone thinks Pacers can do anything when they are literally one of the 5 worst offensive teams in the league. You can't make up this big of difference with the great defense they do play. They are not close to as good defensively as the 2004 Pistons and as far as the game is now...worse offensively. You cannot be as terrible as the Pistons are offensively and expect to win it all.
    This...and it's amplified against the Hawks because Hibbert is useless...they just drag him away from the paint...and if he doesn't come out. They drill outside shots.

It's actually just a horrible matchup for the Pacers. They can and probably still should win, but the Hawks style and a few mismatches amplify the problems.

I do think there is some off court issues going on as well. I don't know if it's being spent mentally and physically or that they just can't handle not winning and are blaming each other....Vogel pissed them off and they don't listen...PG's off court shit. I don't know, but if you watch them...they aren't playing as a team...they literally don't even set screens for each other anymore.

It's pathetic right now. Good news for them is that if they get by the Hawks...they will have time to get it together and potentially turn it around by the Heat series in the conference finals...I wouldn't bet on it though.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    This...and it's amplified against the Hawks because Hibbert is useless...they just drag him away from the paint...and if he doesn't come out. They drill outside shots.

It's actually just a horrible matchup for the Pacers. They can and probably still should win, but the Hawks style and a few mismatches amplify the problems.

I do think there is some off court issues going on as well. I don't know if it's being spent mentally and physically or that they just can't handle not winning and are blaming each other....Vogel pissed them off and they don't listen...PG's off court shit. I don't know, but if you watch them...they aren't playing as a team...they literally don't even set screens for each other anymore.

It's pathetic right now. Good news for them is that if they get by the Hawks...they will have time to get it together and potentially turn it around by the Heat series in the conference finals...I wouldn't bet on it though.
    Pacers* epic typo by me

On your topic though...George Hill is a terrible starting POINT GUARD. The greatest compliment you could give him is: Well...he's not as bad as he USED TO BE. You know you have problems when that is the best that can be said about the man who is supposed to run your team. It isn't like Paul George is Scottie Pippen out there... (as much as that comparison gets put up) scottie could actually run the offense as their point guard and free up George Hill to be what he is: an off guard. Don't get me wrong...I don't think he's a bad player in general, but he has clearly shown he cannot run a team.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-22-2014 at 01:49 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Pacers* epic typo by me

On your topic though...George Hill is a terrible starting POINT GUARD. The greatest compliment you could give him is: Well...he's not as bad as he USED TO BE. You know you have problems when that is the best that can be said about the man who is supposed to run your team. It isn't like Paul George is Scottie Pippen out there... (as much as that comparison gets put up) scottie could actually run the offense as their point guard and free up George Hill to be what he is: an off guard. Don't get me wrong...I don't think he's a bad player in general, but he has clearly shown he cannot run a team.
    Yea, it's a bit unfair for George. He doesn't have the game to run point forward like Pippen did. It's a totally different offensive skill set...

PG needs a better point guard like you said...

They traded Granger, stupid move as it is lol.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

They are all in a homosexual relationship, and one of them got jealous

Nothing is is "ACTUALLY" going on with them. They are not a good offensive team...they are not an average offensive team...THEY ARE A BAD OFFENSIVE TEAM. I don't understand why anyone thinks Pacers can do anything when they are literally one of the 5 worst offensive teams in the league. You can't make up this big of difference with the great defense they do play. They are not close to as good defensively as the 2004 Pistons and as far as the game is now...worse offensively. You cannot be as terrible as the Pacers are offensively and expect to win it all.
    Yet they took the Heat to 7 in last year's ECF after beating the 2 seed Knicks, and they had the best record in the league earlier this season. Are you saying that their bad offense caught up to them the last month?

Bad things follow when you sign Andrew Bynum

Love Live Life

Pacers need to go small.

I still got them winning this series

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Pacers need to go small.

I still got them winning this series
    Not even go small, just start mahimi.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

They've been overrated as hell for a long time now. If the refs didn't give them +70 free throws last year in the second round, they never would have beaten the Knicks.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkyBarKid
    Not even go small, just start mahimi.
    Yeah. In place of Hibbert right? I told my cuz this yesterday and he laughed.

Talking bout he can't guard Millsap but I think he would do fine on him.