Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Realistically, will Rose still be a star player when he returns?

Let's just assume that Rose's ACL is fully repaired. His meniscus is fully healed and 100%. He's been training and as athletic as he's ever been. It's as if he never had an injury in terms of his health.

How hard would it be to get back to playing at an elite, NBA level after taking that many years off? Has there been precedence?

Default Re: Realistically, will Rose still be a star player when he returns?

He was pretty bad last time he came back. We have no idea.

Will take him about a season to get back to his old self...

From all reports, he looks good athletically. Thibs said he was "bouncing around" like his old self, and teammates have said similar things. He looked fine after the ACL tear, so I'm willing to trust those reports considering this injury was substantially less severe, and on the other leg IIRC. This time around he should get some burn in the offseason playing with Team USA, so I don't think he'll have as much rust coming into the season like he did this season.

If he doesn't get hurt again, which at this point is totally unpredictable, I think he'll be back to a star level (perhaps even MVP level) by the all-star break next year.

Banned

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

He is done.

F/ucking trash

Very good NBA starter

A large part of him being successful will be having faith in his body holding up. If you play afraid and overly cautious it can backfire. Hopefully he's able to shake the injuries and avoid being the next Oden, Hill, or Hardaway. Love his game.

No, he is done. He'll be a role player at best.

2 ACL knees takes away all his explosiveness and athleticism.

All he is left is a role player, shooting jumper, maybe become Steve Kerr 2.0

Serious playground baller

Him playing afraid last time around was the reason he got injured again, I don't expect his body to hold up.

I think he will be a good player, but he will never be the super star again that people thought he'd be for a long time after winning the MVP.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I think he CAN be; i don't know if he's mentally strong enough to accomplish it though.

I am not optimistic about that. Remember Gilbert Arenas? But seriously Rose is a better player than Arenas ever was, but his injury is also much more severe.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

I think he can be an all-star again...but probably not a top 5 mvp vote superstar. Less than 10 true superstars in the league, so it would be really tough to reach that level. If his jumpshot has improved he can still go 20pts 7dishes i think.

Is he sticks to playmaking he can lengthen his career. He will not be the same explosive scorer he used to be.

I rule the local playground PieceOfFelt's Avatar

No one here really knows what he's going to be capable of. Just speculation at this point.