Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    College star

Default Re: Is LeBron the only player to be the greatest franchise cornerstone...for 2 teams?

No.

Kareem was the cornerstone of the Bucks and the Lakers.

Default Re: Is LeBron the only player to be the greatest franchise cornerstone...for 2 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    Wilt with the Warriors ('64) and Sixers ('67).
    You could include his '72 season with LA, as well.

3-time NBA All-Star

Maybe he is. Either way, it's a pretty arbitrary and irrelevant distinction.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

How the fucc was Kobe's name brought up when he's played for the Lakers going on 20 years?

....... if anyone trully thinks LeBron even comes close to Wade as the all-time Heats greatest player they should jump off a cliff.

And at the thought of ANY players run in Heat history greater than Wade in 2006.

Games 3-6 vs the Mavericks alone are greater than LeBrons entire 2012 run, never mind what Wade did to the Pistons.

close though

3-time NBA All-Star

Any atg, if they decide to become fakkits like bran, could win anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Wade was big and played like an all star, but hes acting like Wade had a legendary series like in 06 or was on another level compared to Pau.

I daresay Pau 09-10 > Wade 12-13. And the rest of the lakers supporting cast >> the heat supporting cast.
    @ '09 Pau being a better player than '12 Wade. '13 RS Wade > '10 Pau as well although Pau was undoubtably better in the PO's.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

So now Bron stans are trying to twist shit by giving Bron props for quitting and Colluding?
    No shame

Not a good thread, Wade is easily the best Heat ever not some mercenary. Let's ask Heat fans instead of a Lebron stan

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Not a good thread, Wade is easily the best Heat ever not some mercenary. Let's ask Heat fans instead of a Lebron stan
    LeBron is definitely a better player than Wade, but Wade is the GOAT Heat.

College superstar

OP had plenty of time to make, and back up, his claim... and he failed to do so.

But I guess I'll try?

When I read "franchise cornerstone" I think of essentially the best "peak" as a member of that team. I think of the player that was most likely to get me titles over a period of time. With my understanding of that phrase, I would say Lebron is it for the Heat.

Wade is the greatest Heat player all time. Not even a debate, IMO.
    Lebron is the best player to play for the Heat.
    Lebron is also the cornerstone, based on the Heat being contenders four straight years with Lebron as their best player (and, again, my definition of the phrase).

I would also say Dwight Howard was the best "franchise cornerstone" for the Magic, even though Shaq was arguably the best player to play for them.

But as others have pointed out, Wilt and Kareem are candidates well before Lebron was even born.