Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Is Bosh even considered a star anymore?

I wouldn't mind having him in the Spurs playing with Duncan.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Considering the Cavs started out like 9-8 last year, I'm going to say it's safe to say that you're just a troll who enjoys making up facts.

Good day.
    They were not 9-8. Wtf.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 05-13-2012 at 01:47 PM.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

The amount of touches he got has significantly decreased since raptors days.If wade wasnt in miami,we would be calling him best 2nd option.Because he averaged like 23-24ppg and 9-10rpg.However lebron and wade,there is only one ball so its kind hard having to share the ball with lebron and wade

He has to step down as team's third option, whats the point?

He clearly is but he hasn't played up to par lately. Nothing to do with anybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    He has to step down as team's third option, whats the point?
    Yes, and if he has to step down in terms of scoring, he should be able put his energy into other things.

Ray Allen had to do this in 2008. He had less of a role offensively, but he became a better defensive player. He was definitely a star.

Harden is definitely a star in OKC right now. He would score more as a number one option, but as the third option he has thrived and is able to do multiple things on the court.

Ginobli was definitely a star in San Antonio's prime years.

...I could keep going.

Apparently you have low standards for apparent all-stars who are the third option of their team.

You can thank Spoelstra for making Bosh a jump shooter whose only role on the team is the spread the court for James and Wade.

The year before joining the Heat, Bosh was 24/11 on 52%. He didn't all of a sudden get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    That doesn't explain the rebounds.

Making your PF stand on the perimeter the whole game to create space certainly effects his rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    You can thank Spoelstra for making Bosh a jump shooter whose only role on the team is the spread the court for James and Wade.

The year before joining the Heat, Bosh was 24/11 on 52%. He didn't all of a sudden get worse.
    Spoelstra is to blame as well, you are correct.

7-time NBA All-Star

He was easily at his best when he bulked up to 250 in 2010. His rebounding hasn't just fallen off due to the weight loss, though, he's also on a better rebounding team, he plays outside more offensively, he's more active defensively, and I believe that his reduced role offensively has taken away from his overall aggressiveness.

Even so, I'd still say he's a star. He's still one of the better offensive PF, and at least his team defense has improved in Miami. And he still averaged 19/8 as a 3rd option last year, and 18/8 this year.

I thought he eventually became comfortable as the 3rd option later last season and in the playoffs, but he's seemed less comfortable there this season. But I believe he averaged around 24/8 on 57% shooting when Wade was out, and he's made 7 consecutive all-star teams, so the man is no role player.

Look at championship teams in the 00's and 10's, you'll see a maximum of 2 teams with a 3rd option arguably as good, and that would be Parker/Manu in '07(whoever you think was 3rd), and that's still debatable. And the other might be Ray Allen in '08. Allen did seem to struggle himself that first year in Boston before getting more comfortable in '09, especially during that horrendous slump throughout the earlier rounds of the '08 playoffs, so I'm not sure about that one.

Every other team in the 00's and 10's that won a title hasn't had a 3rd best player close to Bosh's caliber. Obviously Miami hasn't won a title yet, but if they do, it's worth mentioning because I've never been a Bosh fan, but it's still a hell of a luxury to have him as your 3rd option.

Bosh is the same player, his role is different. Its obvious alot of yout guys dont know a damn thing about basketball. Boshes role is to hit the open jumper. His rebounding is effected due in larger part to playing with james, and haslem, as well as spending most od his time outside the paint.

But he was never what id call aa superstar. The points he put up were due to his being on a bad team. Theres alot of players that could do the same thing.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Thanks for letting us know you haven't watched more than 2 Heat games this year.

Chalmers is playing the best ball of his career.

And you have no argument in saying Lebron doesn't make players better...one look at one happened in Cleveland last year (5-25 record, before all the injuries happened and the trade) is great evidence for my case here.
    thanks for letting me know you didnt watch 2 cavs games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by returnofthemack
    thanks for letting me know you didnt watch 2 cavs games last year.
    Explain this comment please.

No, I didn't watch many of their first 33 games. But they went 8-25 in them (or something very similar...I can't remember the specific number).

I didn't need to watch those games to see that they lost 25 of them and won only 8. So, unless you are saying that the refs made them lose those 17 games, I don't see what your point is.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Depth chartPos. Starter Bench Reserve Inactive
    C Anderson Varej

[QUOTE=returnofthemack]Depth chartPos. Starter Bench Reserve Inactive
    C Anderson Varej