Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

You mean Gus Johnson from the 60s? Ive seen a bit on him. Some power dunks. He was one of the first of those "Dunk on you" types.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    lol. not sure if you simply posted this as a joke or if you realized he was talking about someone else. Kevin Freeman.

Local High School Star The Answer's Avatar

Does anybody think Manute Bol could do it. 7'7" with an 8'6" wingspan, would have guaranteed him getting close. I also think I remember reading about him smashing his teeth on the rim when he first tried to dunk.

College superstar

O LoL, I didn't read the whole thing. I just googled "touch the top of the backboard" and saw a Madsen link come up and the caption said like "he can touch the top of the backboard" and I was like GTFOH! He did have a really good dunk when he was a Buck though and came from like somewhat near ft line off 2 feet in traffic

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    That's absolutely amazing. Who is this guy? Some Globetrotter I guess. It looks like hes got his entire hand over the rim. Why aren't there NBA players trying to break this guys record dunk?
    Went to college and played on the same team as Lorenzon Wright. Even in school he did amazing, video game like dunks. Picked the right career to be a Globetrotter. His ups are sick.

12 feet dunk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNhE0eJe5KI

Quote Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
    Didint earl manigault do such feats? Im sure Yao can do it or any high flying 7 ftr.
    Yao's anything but a high flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Went to college and played on the same team as Lorenzon Wright. Even in school he did amazing, video game like dunks. Picked the right career to be a Globetrotter. His ups are sick.

12 feet dunk
    Absolutely amazing, but how does a guy with so much athleticism not make it to the NBA, or did he have some short stint in the league?
    Last edited by The Answer; 02-06-2007 at 06:38 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

12 feet dunk
    dude in that link is well up over twelve feet

Local High School Star

Does anybody think Manute Bol could do it. 7'7" with an 8'6" wingspan, would have guaranteed him getting close. I also think I remember reading about him smashing his teeth on the rim when he first tried to dunk.
    I figure Manute's standing reach was 10 feet or so, probably not much higher or else he would have dunked without jumping (he couldn't, could he?). Going by that he'd need a 37" vertical to touch the top of the backboard. For a guy of his body type, no way in hell.
    Last edited by ClutchCityReturns; 12-24-2006 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
    I figure Manute's standing reach was 10 feet or so, probably not much higher or else he would have dunked without jumping (he couldn't, could he?). Going by that he'd need a 37" vertical to touch the top of the backboard. For a guy of his body type, no way in hell.
    If you google Manute Bol dunk flatfooted, a couple of sites claim his standing reach was 10"6'. If that truly was the case, he'd have easily been able to dunk flatfooted.

Local High School Star

If you google Manute Bol dunk flatfooted, a couple of sites claim his standing reach was 10"6'. If that truly was the case, he'd have easily been able to dunk flatfooted.
    Could be. He'd still need a 31" vert though and I imagine a guy like him can jump no higher than about 24" tops. It's just such an incredible feat. I mean look at the video of the guy dunking 12 feet. Yes, extremely impressive, but look how much freaking far from the top of the backboard he still is (hint: go by the first angle which is more straight on. the other two make him look way higher than he really is. notice the last angle shows his head even with 11 1/2 feet when on the first angle it was barely over 10. optical illusions!)
    Last edited by ClutchCityReturns; 12-24-2006 at 04:01 PM.

College superstar

I can't find that Marcus Haislip over Kenyon Martin dunk. Different topic, but he's good enough to be in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSjn9lBbJ4
    This dunk by Howard at the end is just ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
    Could be. He'd still need a 31" vert though and I imagine a guy like him can jump no higher than about 24" tops. It's just such an incredible feat. I mean look at the video of the guy dunking 12 feet. Yes, extremely impressive, but look how much freaking far from the top of the backboard he still is
    Yeah, but that backboard has been raised up another 2 feet along with the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by DatZNasty
    I can't find that Marcus Haislip over Kenyon Martin dunk. Different topic, but he's good enough to be in the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSjn9lBbJ4
    This dunk by Howard at the end is just ridiculous
    Absolutely phenomenal, but why doesn't he get up like that in games? You'd think he'd occasionally get opportunities on fast breaks and such.

Local High School Star

Yeah, but that backboard has been raised up another 2 feet along with the rim.
    d'oh!

@ me

i credit it to being up since last night. that and the fact that i'm so used to the standard height that i didn't even think about that. i guess what i should have said is that he still would have to get above the white square, which like i mentioned earlier is about 7 more inches. doesn't seem like as much as it is.