cp3
    wall
    lowry (underrated)

westbrook's tier imo:
    curry
    irving
    lillard
    rondo if he ever comes back to form

His place is at SG, at PG he is not a top 3 floor general. Think about durant+cp3 and then remember all the bone headed plays.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: westbrook is overrated as a PG

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    I'd definately take these players over him:
    cp3
    wall
    lowry (underrated)

westbrook's tier imo:
    curry
    irving
    lillard
    rondo if he ever comes back to form

His place is at SG, at PG he is not a top 3 floor general. Think about durant+cp3 and then remember all the bone headed plays.
    Good post. Agreed. He's extremely overrated as a point guard.

Basketball Genius

yet he destroyed cp3 in the playoffs last year who couldn't even get off a game-winning shot

He's a PG though. He's not a traditional PG. There's no set way a PG is supposed to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    He's a PG though. He's not a traditional PG. There's no set way a PG is supposed to play.
    agree, but surely he shouldn't keep the ball away from KD. there is absolutely no excuse for KD not touching the ball on each possession.

agree, but surely he shouldn't keep the ball away from KD. there is absolutely no excuse for KD not touching the ball on each possession.

You're kidding right? Did you see how gassed KD was at the end of the Spurs series. Couldn't even stay on his feet.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    You're kidding right? Did you see how gassed KD was at the end of the Spurs series. Couldn't even stay on his feet.
    Russell Westbrook is the perfect fit for KD, the moment people realise that if they had a structured offense they wouldn't lose a game in the playoffs, the sooner the management should be slayed for keeping Brooks.

I've always felt that the best PG's of all time were pass first players. The number one job description for a PG should be dropping dimes and making teammates better. But guys like Magic, Isiah, Big O, Tiny, etc. were ALSO ALPHA DOG SCORERS too. So u had the best of both worlds.

In my opinion, Westbrook sees the game as a great SG who is also talented enough to play PG. He has the handles, pace, and passing ability to be a great PG. But he sees the game in a score first way. It's no different that the GOAT SG's like MJ, Kobe, Wade, and West. But their primary position was SG so it wasn't a big deal. But when u are a PG, typically the all time greats were pass first kind of players. So that's the criteria Westbrook is judged under.

For example, MJ is the GOAT flat out. But for my PG, I would rather have Magic. So if one said Westbrook is the better player than CP3, I wouldn't argue and it could be true. But for my PG, give me CP3 over Westbrook. I say that because CP3 is a pass first floor general WHO CAN ALSO BE AN ALPHA DOG!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

@ Lowry and Wall being in the top tier.

Idiot confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Russell Westbrook is the perfect fit for KD, the moment people realise that if they had a structured offense they wouldn't lose a game in the playoffs, the sooner the management should be slayed for keeping Brooks.
    For that team Westbrook does need to score the way he does. But it's more about how he sees the game. OKC can for sure win a ring with the way Westbrook sees the game. But a guy like CP3 would make KD BETTER than Westbrook does. And still have the ability to be an alpha dog. It's just a matter of taste because Westbrook and CP3 are both great players. But for my PG, I would rather have CP3. In terms of who is the more dominant and BETTER ALPHA DOG, it's Westbrook.

Many guys with Westbrook's score mentality move to SG because it's a better fit. U can look at Wade, AI, Monta, World B Free, etc. Guys that are 6'4 and under can be somewhat undersized at SG. So coaches my try them at PG. Though they may do a very good or even great job often times, its apparent their best position is SG. So coaches will shift them to SG and let them focus on scoring first. While also at times being their teams best passer or playmaker. So it's not about ABILITY it's about MENTALITY!

Banned

I can't believe OP just put Kyle Lowry ahead of Westbrook and Curry. Hell not just above, an entire TIER above. Jesus christ.

Top five PG's:

CP3
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Rondo
    Wall

I can't throw Rose up there as of now due to his durability issues. These five PG's have their own style no doubt. Any top 5 PG list HAS to have Westbrook in it. He's too dominant not to have in the top 5.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    @ Lowry and Wall being in the top tier.

Idiot confirmed.
    You're clueless. Wall and Lowry are both top 5, check the stats idiot. And defense is included.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Top five PG's:

CP3
    Curry
    Westbrook
    Rondo
    Wall

I can't throw Rose up there as of now due to his durability issues. These five PG's have their own style no doubt. Any top 5 PG list HAS to have Westbrook in it. He's too dominant not to have in the top 5.
    Awww hell naww.