Quote Originally Posted by IMObjective
I don't know, if my wife found out I asked a hot 21 year old to have dinner with me, especially without her knowing while I was away from home, I'd be in some real trouble and I would guess that this would be true for a lot of other husbands too.
EXACTLY THIS...And it was posted on the 2nd page of the thread

Any grown man should understand this, moreso if you've ever been married or in a serious relationship. Regardless of the context that Lebron asked her, his wife in no way, shape, or form is going to be happy hearing about this. Lebron even asking the girl to dinner in ANY context is going to piss of his significant other. Its like, well if you're not serious, why in the world would you ask a young, attractive girl to dinner.....Yeah, if he asked Doris Burke to dinner I'm sure his wife would probably be like, ok thats a bit more innocent but not this chick...

The likely scenario is that Lebron was dead serious, and the girl doesn't want to ruin his rep or his marriage and so she's doing damage control, she's a smart girl I'm sure...Why would he joke like that. Or even if he wasn't serious, he wanted to know if she would take him up on his offer IF he were serious....What other motive would he even have to ask her that?

But also, if he was serious, he shouldn't be so careless with it...Any man knows that women WILL TALK, they WILL TELL SOMEBODY. So if he wasn't serious, he shouldn't have said it all..Even if directly after asking her he said, "I'm just kidding". She STILL would have told somebody and then his wife could take it any number of ways.