Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Default Andrew Bynum pissed about All-Star results, says Stoudemire is not even a center

Bynum played like Amare for the first 3 quarters against the Jazz, that didn't turn out too well. Come on, Bynum is clearly a better player than Amare, who is not even a center.

Quote Originally Posted by Does Lakers' Bynum deserve to be an All-Star?
    Told he was second among Western Conference centers behind Phoenix's Amar'e Stoudemire – and facing a significant deficit of 447,776 to 299,484 right out of the gate –Bynum held a blank expression on his face.

"That's messed up, though," he said.

Bynum doesn't view it as a fair fight, because he doesn't consider Stoudemire a center. Neither do the Phoenix Suns, actually, listing Stoudemire at power forward and Channing Frye at center all season – yet that's inconsequential now.

Bynum has been about as quiet about hoping to make his first All-Star team this season as Allen Iverson has been about not wanting to come off the bench this season. Asked the other day about possible New Year's resolutions, Bynum didn't hesitate: "Just one: try to get on the All-Star team."

The Stoudemire ballot issue by no means puts Bynum's dream out of sequence, but it is a setback given he was so vocal about his All-Star plans upon realizing Yao Ming (injured) and O'Neal (going from West to East) wouldn't dominate the West center balloting this season.

But Bynum isn't going to outpoll Stoudemire, who takes this sort of peripheral stuff far more seriously than he does his actual craft of basketball. Stoudemire went on Jim Rome's radio show Thursday "to discuss my 2010 All-Star campaign," as stated via Stoudemire's Twitter account, and there's the vote4amare.com Web site to go with a series of four short films on YouTube starring comedian David Spade and Stoudemire. Stoudemire also is experienced at this, taking down Carmelo Anthony last season at the West's forward spot by mounting a huge rally with the help of a viral Web campaign. Plus, Stoudemire's numbers (19.1 points, 7.6 rebounds, 1.1 blocks) will improve as he restores himself after a career-threatening eye injury last season while Bynum's numbers (17.9 points, 9.4 rebounds, 1.6 blocks) will drop with a healthy Pau Gasol next to him.

"Whatever," Bynum said. "I can't do anything else about it."
    Source: http://www.ocregister.com/sports/byn...re-season.html

Default Re: Andrew Bynum pissed about All-Star results, says Stoudemire is not even a center

While it doesnt make sense at all that Amare is listed as a center....Bynum still needs to just shut his mouth and play basketball. Let his game get better, and let that alone do the talking.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: Andrew Bynum pissed about All-Star results, says Stoudemire is not even a center

Bynum isn't popular enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Bynum played like Amare for the first 3 quarters against the Jazz, that didn't turn out too well. Come on, Bynum is clearly a better player than Amare, who is not even a center.

Source: http://www.ocregister.com/sports/byn...re-season.html
    It doesn't matter if he's a better player or not. Popularity.

I am your soldier!

I don't care.

Stop posting please.

Decent college freshman

Why is he concerned about the AllStar game. He has an opportunity to become a starting center on a dynasty team and actually prove himself this postseason. Shows some immaturity, that he's caught up in All Star affairs. Let Amare play Bynum, he won't be playing in June.

Bucks fan

The NBA does not have a consistent way of defining the center position, and it's a shortcoming that they should own up to. Duncan is way more a center than Amare is.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka

Thats pretty much all it sums up to in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Yep. He just needs to focus on staying healthy and perfecting his craft. The all-star selections and popularity will grow if he takes care of those.

Bynum isn't popular enough but if Amare was put in as a Forward, I doubt he would be an all star.

Banned

While I do agree with Bynum I have to admit he is being a little immature and selfish. Who cares if you don't start for the asg. The only thing on your mind right now should be defending the title. I've noticed him becoming more and more of a selfish player lately. Not passing the ball, concerned on his stats, not defending, not rebounding. Although I know he can score on anyone in the league . Just too damn long for anyone to effectively guard.

Decent college freshman

In today's brand of basketball the 4 & 5 are interchangeable.

But Bynum isn't going to outpoll Stoudemire, who takes this sort of peripheral stuff far more seriously than he does his actual craft of basketball.
    That's bad news writing. Refelcts a strong bias.

Magic Johnson

there are certain parts of bynum that remind me of young kobe lol... like going for individual accolades.

his time will come, whether or not it will be this season remains to be seen.