Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What do you think of this top 10 list?

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    1. Jordan
    2. KAJ
    3. Russell
    4. Bran
    5. Duncan
    6. Magic
    7. Bird
    8. Shaq
    9. Wilt
    10. Kobe
    Why do you have Wilt and Shaq so far below Duncan if you don

[QUOTE=RRR3]Why do you have Wilt and Shaq so far below Duncan if you don

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Wilt and Russell are hard to rank as I've never seen either of them play a full game of basketball. So really just have to look at the results. For as dominant as Wilt was statistically, he wasn't a winner despite playing on a lot of stacked teams. The decline of his numbers during the playoffs and especially the finals is very alarming. Makes Harden look like a consistent playoff performer.

Shaq and Duncan are only separated by Bird & Magic, but I'm a lot higher on Duncan than Shaq. Duncan was the perfect teammate, the model of consistency. He dragged the Spurs to championships, and was also a great complementary piece during a couple of his rings. He always adapted his game to help the team and it shows; the Spurs won 50+ games every year he was there (or close to).

Shaq at his peak was better than Duncan at his peak, but Shaq's peak only lasted 3-4 years. After that he fell off pretty considerably over the next few years ('06-10) while Duncan continued to be a focal piece on a perennial title contender.

Duncan is very underrated due to his demeanor and style of play imo. There are only a handful of guys in history who could've come close to replicating the powerhouse he built and sustained in San Antonio for 20 years.
    Thanks for that analysis, appreciate it

I tend to rate Wilt higher than you do because even if he struggling on offense he was an incredible defender. But I’ve never seen him play either

1. Kobe
    2. Jordan
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Duncan
    6. Shaq
    7. Bird
    8. Russell
    9. Wilt
    10. Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    1. Kobe
    2. Jordan
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Duncan
    6. Shaq
    7. Bird
    8. Russell
    9. Wilt
    10. Hakeem
    Worst list of all time.

Permaban time.

1 MJ
    2 Kareem
    3 Wilt
    4 Magic
    5 Kobe
    6 Lebron
    7 Shaq
    8 Bird
    9 Russell
    10 Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hawk
    Bird shouldnt be ranked higher than LeBron.
    Magic shouldn't be ranked higher than Bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Rico2016
    1. Jordan
    2. LeBron
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Shaq
    6. Bird
    7. Wilt
    8. Duncan

9 and 10 is too tough in my opinion. Is it Kobe? Russell? Hakeem? Oscar? West? You tell me.
    You still have Jordan as #1 despite all your Bran sucking? Color me shocked

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    1. Kobe
    2. Jordan
    3. Kareem
    4. Magic
    5. Duncan
    6. Shaq
    7. Bird
    8. Russell
    9. Wilt
    10. Hakeem
    I'd put Hakeem at #8 and slide Russell/Wilt down, perfect list otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Didn't MJ get his ass beat by an unathletic white boy? Worse part was he was an American White. The lowest of the low. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate
    I'd put Hakeem at #8 and slide Russell/Wilt down, perfect list otherwise.
    Permaban time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out

1.Jordan
    2.Russell
    3.Kareem
    4.Magic
    5.Bird
    6.LeBron
    7.Wilt
    8.Shaq
    9.Hakeem
    10.Duncan
    I like to group the basketball ability in tiers of superiority

So I have guys that were 2-way assassins with scoring versatility in the first tier - so that's MJ, Bird, and Kobe in that order (1, 2, 3).. Yes Bird, because he was an all-nba defender and very underrated in that department - he was absolutely a 2-way player in his prime.. He was on #1 defensive teams and has good defensive stats.

The 2nd tier is the goat physical bigs.. I generally rank the big man class as a lower skillset in general, since they need to be "fed" the ball, and therefore don't control the ball the most seconds per game.. But guys with goat physicality like Wilt and Shaq are worth exceptions, and I have them next at 4 and 5.

The 3rd tier is the "feeders", the guys that get the big men the ball.. This would include Magic (#6), and many people would put Lebron here under this criteria.. If he was ranked in this tier, he'd be below Magic due to a million intangibles, his less instinctive passing skill, his lack of midrange/post game, and his team-hopping.. Ultimately, it's his lack of midrange/post game that makes him a more one-dimensional ball-dominator/penetrator, which turns teammates into spot-up shooters, thus necessitating ready-made stars acquired via team-hopping.. For these reasons, I don't put Lebron in this tier.. Also, this is the tier where Bird belongs if you don't agree with him in the first tier and I'd put him above Magic due to his scoring/shooting ability.

The next tier is the less physical bigs that are being "fed" the ball, i.e. Kareem and Russell.. These players needed the best PG in the game to win rings and have great teams.. For this reason, I rank Duncan above both (#7), and have him at the top of this tier, ahead of Kareem and Russell (#8 and 9).

The final tier is the secondary wing players like Lebron, Durant, and Dr. J.. Lebron and Durant are reduced to this tier because of their team-hopping tendencies and inexperience growing teams into champions (needing ready-made favorites to win).. and Dr. J (#12) is simply a hair below both of these guys statistically and impact-wise, although not less talented, and possibly the goat himself with modern nutrition/training.
    Last edited by 3ball; 12-03-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    I like to group the basketball ability in tiers of superiority

So I have guys that were 2-way assassins with scoring versatility in the first tier - so that's MJ, Bird, and Kobe in that order (1, 2, 3).. Yes Bird, because he was an all-nba defender and very underrated in that department - he was absolutely a 2-way player in his prime.. He was on #1 defensive teams and has good defensive stats.

The 2nd tier is the goat physical bigs.. I generally rank the big man class as a lower skillset in general, since they need to be "fed" the ball, and therefore don't control the ball the most seconds per game.. But guys with goat physicality like Wilt and Shaq are worth exceptions, and I have them next at 4 and 5.

The 3rd tier is the "feeders", the guys that get the big men the ball.. This would include Magic (#6), and many people would put Lebron here under this criteria.. If he was ranked in this tier, he'd be below Magic due to a million intangibles, his less instinctive passing skill, his lack of midrange/post game, and his team-hopping.. Ultimately, it's his lack of midrange/post game that makes him a more one-dimensional ball-dominator/penetrator, which turns teammates into spot-up shooters, thus necessitating ready-made stars acquired via team-hopping.. For these reasons, I don't put Lebron in this tier.. Also, this is the tier where Bird belongs if you don't agree with him in the first tier and I'd put him above Magic due to his scoring/shooting ability.

The next tier is the less physical bigs that are being "fed" the ball, i.e. Kareem and Russell.. These players needed the best PG in the game to win rings and have great teams.. For this reason, I rank Duncan above both (#7), and have him at the top of this tier, ahead of Kareem and Russell (#8 and 9).

The final tier is the secondary wing players like Lebron, Durant, and Dr. J.. Lebron and Durant are reduced to this tier because of their team-hopping tendencies and inexperience growing teams into champions (needing ready-made favorites to win).. and Dr. J (#11) is simply a hair below both of these guys statistically and impact-wise, although not less talented, and possibly the goat himself with modern nutrition/training.
    Players with 6 rings: 13

Players with 7 rings: 9

Players with 8 rings: 6

Players with 10 rings: 2

Players with 11 rings: 1 (Russell)

Players with 6,000 playoff points: 1 (LeBron)

Got it?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2

[B]Players with 11 rings: 1 (Russell)
    Russell doesn't count because that was before the 3-point line and good team offense.

All 40 MVP's since the 3-point line have been dominant offensive players - or are you telling me that Russell was good enough to be the only MVP that wasn't a dominant offensive player, out of 40 MVP's since the 3-point line began?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2

Players with 6 rings: 13

Players with 7 rings: 9

Players with 8 rings: 6

Players with 10 rings: 2
    How many have 6 rings as "the man" ?

that's all that matters and that's why MJ is goat - he has 6, while 2nd place has 3

Russell doesn't count because that was before the 3-point line and good team offense.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Permaban time.