Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default MVP Talk: LeBron Makes a Huge Jump

As I predicted, Miami would blow out OKC at home. And Durant/Westbrook would have problems playing together. Now, KD is still the favorite for MVP at this point. But you can feel the media jump back on LeBron's side again. Bron still has some work to do, but last night couldn't have gone any better. That bloody dunk on Ibaka is going to be fresh in everyone's minds for a long time.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: MVP Talk: LeBron Makes a Huge Jump

I thought Durant pretty much had it on lock but Lebron did everything he needed to to get back in the race. Still think Durant wins if season ended today but the gap closed and it's a contest again.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

didn't you post this exact same thread the other day?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    I thought Durant pretty much had it on lock but Lebron did everything he needed to to get back in the race. Still think Durant wins if season ended today but the gap closed and it's a contest again.
    I never bought him being a lock with the chance of Westbrook coming back. And he still has a good amount of ground on LeBron. But I have a feeling we are looking at another Heat win streak. Not 27 games or anything like that, but they are clicking nicely as of late. Would be nice though if Miami's shooters could get it together.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    didn't you post this exact same thread the other day?
    It got deleted last time because people were fighting. This is just an update of the aftermath of the OKC/Heat game. The last thread was full of people sold on Durant being a lock for MVP. Still the favorite, but this game changed things big time.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I never bought him being a lock with the chance of Westbrook coming back. And he still has a good amount of ground on LeBron. But I have a feeling we are looking at another Heat win streak. Not 27 games or anything like that, but they are clicking nicely as of late. Would be nice though if Miami's shooters could get it together.
    I honestly think it will come down to record. If Heat go on a big enough streak to snatch the one seed I can see Lebron taking it. I feel Durant can play at the same pace (based on the entire season not just last night or last month) and still potentially win it while Lebron will have to keep up what he's been doing the last 6 or 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    I honestly think it will come down to record. If Heat go on a big enough streak to snatch the one seed I can see Lebron taking it. I feel Durant can play at the same pace (based on the entire season not just last night or last month) and still potentially win it while Lebron will have to keep up what he's been doing the last 6 or 7 games.
    The record is huge for picking the MVP. That's why it's important for Miami to be the #1 seed. But I am not worried about it. The Pacers aren't anything special on the road. And they have a losing record against good teams this year. They are overrated.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Durant balled too hard too early.

Worthless effort in terms of MVP race.

If lebron continues to play like this, even with miami winning a few less games than OKC he will get the MVP.

And i don

Banned

the thing is, LeBron could play like he did the last games every game without wasting any more energy than normally.
    normally he sets 20 secreens at least per game to watch Chuckmers turn it over or allen and Battier brick threes.
    he just has to look to score dominant like the last few games and only pass when the defense collapses or someone is blatantly open.
    hes the biggest mismatch in basketball history so he should play like it.
    he did that the last 6-7 games.
    if he continues like that hes a lock for MVP and Miami will take nr.1 seed.

Local High School Star

[QUOTE=Frozen1]Durant balled too hard too early.

If lebron continues to play like this, even with miami winning a few less games than OKC he will get the MVP.

And i don

And i don

And i don

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Marlo_Stanfield
    the thing is, LeBron could play like he did the last games every game without wasting any more energy than normally.
    normally he sets 20 secreens at least per game to watch Chuckmers turn it over or allen and Battier brick threes.
    he just has to look to score dominant like the last few games and only pass when the defense collapses or someone is blatantly open.
    hes the biggest mismatch in basketball history so he should play like it.
    he did that the last 6-7 games.
    if he continues like that hes a lock for MVP and Miami will take nr.1 seed.
    but who was prime shaq?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Holy shit, this race gon be good. Much closer that it was at this point last year. Still got Durant ahead tho, no bias.

Quote Originally Posted by LONGTIME
    Yeah Durant should have coasted without Westbrook while playing in a cut throat Western conference.

I think he just means that we already saw Durant's best shot. And now that WB is back, it will be harder for him to repeat those performances. LeBron needs to keep up his hot streak though. Best record in the east is extremely important. A big win streak, and things are really going to heat up for this MVP race.