Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    u mad? buttfrustrated? hahaitme's Avatar

Default Re: is there still anyone on here that still think Miami is the team to beat?

As an OKC fan I have to admit, OKC is stacked.

Default Re: is there still anyone on here that still think Miami is the team to beat?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Come on moe.

Greatest all around player =/= greatest player.

Impact and effectiveness is what matters. Lebron literally has no genuine argument over peak Shaq/MJ. We can all put him in the conversation because his peak truly is remarkable, but when it comes down to it, he just doesn't measure up equally.

lol except he does have a legitimate argument

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    They have arguably the greatest player in NBA history in his peak prime. You cant count any team with that type of player out. But we are the favorite now, we just play too physical for them. Should be a great series
    Durrant doesn't play for the Heat.

Banned

Do miami still have 3 players who can carry a franchise and a bench loaded with vets and young guys who contribute? Until they break up the big 3 or another team can boast having multiple star players (not just all round good players) then yes they are still the team to beat.

heat fans think otherwise. excuses

Miami is the back to back defending Champions, they're the team to beat until someone beats them. But the Pacers are definitely going to give them everything they can handle in the Conference Finals. I still think Miami will win, though I will be rooting for the Pacers as if they were my Hometown team.

Well, I'm a firm believer that until someone proves that Miami is no longer the favorite by eliminating them from the playoffs, they are the favorite. Miami's injuries in the last 2 playoffs have hampered them as well, including both years against Indiana (Wade and Bosh). If Wade makes it to the playoffs feeling good and can give an impactful 20/5/5, Bosh does his thing (big shots, big games when needed), and Oden and Beasley have the impact on the bench that I think they might, they are just as likely to beat IND as IND is to beat them.

I will say though that IND is looking very tough, though the games still do have to be played. Plus, Lebron is a game changer.

In 1995, Shaq's Magic won 57 games and were considered the favorites in the Finals. The result? The 6th seeded, 47-35 Hakeem Olajuwon led Rockets swept them. The Magic had even swept the regular season series against them that year too, 3-0. Common sense says that the Magic would win that series, and even if they lost there's no way they get swept. The same way that common sense has the Pacers and Thunder as favorites over the Heat.

I bet in 95 when the defending champs were heading into the playoffs tied for the 10th best record in the league people also considered them out of the conversation. Rest is history

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    2011 Lakers?
    '02 Lakers?
    '98 Bulls?
    '93 Bulls?
    '66 Celtics?
    '54 Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by hahaitme
    As an OKC fan I have to admit, OKC is stacked.
    Mia i is stackeder

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    lol except he does have a legitimate argument
    Except he doesn't. Not unless Miami wins this year / his production goes up. As of now, MJ and Shaq were BOTH better in the playoffs.

From the nature of this thread, whether Miami wins or loses tonight you can tell ISH is going to break.

Love Live Life

They're the 2 time defending champs! How are they not the team to beat?

Yeah the Pacers are stacked now but they still gotta go through the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Someone PLEASE tell me how Miami can beat an All-Star team like the Pacers? I just don't see it.
    You'll know the outcome in a few months.

Be patient.

Banned

Miami is a good team.
    Pacers are just shamefully stacked

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    2011 Lakers?
    Yes and we were the favourites till we got beat

It's how it works.