Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NUGGETS ALL THE WAY Mr Clutch Melo's Avatar

Default Re: Ever wonder where some NBA players live?

Melo , Granger and Josh Howard on Mtv cribs

http://www.mtv.com/videos/cribs-seas...playlist.jhtml

Quote Originally Posted by JayGuevara
    I think it's safe to say no Pistons players actually live in the city of Detroit.
    I went to a really rich neighborhood in Detroit for a baby shower (forced to go) and one of the girls that came there had a friend who lived beside Billups for a while.

Yeah i know what your thinking, i was shocked too that there was a rich neighborhood in Detroit

Serious playground baller Monkey D Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    This is supposedly the apartment Lebron was going to get in NY. It's at the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2010/0..._apartment.php

Only thing good about it is you get a Birds eye view when ur taking a shiit in that house

Hellbound

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I went to a really rich neighborhood in Detroit for a baby shower (forced to go) and one of the girls that came there had a friend who lived beside Billups for a while.

Yeah i know what your thinking, i was shocked too that there was a rich neighborhood in Detroit
    Probably Palmer Woods. That's the only really nice neighborhood I can think of.

This house is between 7 and 8 Mile in Detroit.

But realistically, I can't imagine any players living in the actual city because of the fact that it's Detroit, and it's not close to the Palace or anything. I wouldn't wanna live in Detroit and have to drive 45 minutes to work every day, when I could live in much nicer places 5 minutes away from work.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

I think most players who play for the Pistons live in Troy.

Very good NBA starter

homes in detroit and surrounding area are sooooo cheap. all max contracts are the same, but you get way more bang for your buck when buying a home in those places. $2million is enough to get a big ass mansion on a private lot and the works if you're in the midwest or something, but in new york or sf, you ain't getting anything like that for same cost. you might get a bigger than average house, but you're probably gonna be very close to your neighbors because you don't got your own lot or space for pool or tennis court, etc. $2m home would still be "above-average" but it definitely won' be luxury.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Last time, I checked, Nike told me that LeBron and Kobe shared a house together. They have a neighbor named Lil Dez or something.

NBA Superstar

I'm also thinking Bloomfield Hills plays a role with Detroit Piston players, ditto the Red Wings. My bro gets Wings in his restaurant in Novi all the time and in one case, Rick Mahorn.

As a note to people not in the know and from the Detroit area, the suburbs surrounding the city are actually very, very nice. It is a situation where once a family was wealthy enough, they moved up out of Detroit itself, creating a sort of donut effect where the D emptied out and the surrounding areas became pretty affluent.

And my little contribution, one of my former players was apparently hanging out at Chicago Bulls forward James Johnson's house a month ago. From his account it looked "like a freaking castle". So, take that for what it's worth.

Lots of pro athletes own homes in Houston. They all goto cities like LA, Miami, and New York to party, but come down to Houston to chill and lay back.

Decent college freshman

Back in his playing days, Michael Curry lived in my neighborhood right down the street.

I was friends with a his son who went onto play for Michigan State Football, and Curry even made us all lunch once.

Ben Wallace also lived right down the road in a much more expensive house.

I rule the local playground

Detroit has some of the wealthiest per capita neighborhoods in the world in the metro area.

The auto industry has traditionally created a whole **** ton of wealth for the people at the top. There's no shortage of posh living quarters around Detroit. It just looks that way because so much of Detroit proper is like a third world slum.