Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Former Knick Anthony Mason has died

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN 3 minutes ago
    Jeff Van Gundy again told the story of the first practice when Mason and Xavier McDaniel got into a fight. "It set the tone for the season."
    Former Knick Derek Harper says that "the beauty of Anthony Mason is that he worked himself into becoming an NBA player and an All Star."

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Re: Anthony Mason has died

Quote Originally Posted by the mesiah
    U talkn bout Anthony Roberson ,Mason's kid didn't play PG and wasn't with the NYK.
    Nope, not him, or Anthony Mason Jr. I'll just go look at the Knicks roster in 2010.

Ah, it was Anthony Carter.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Damn dude all of these former athletes and coaches are suddenly dying left and right now, so sad. RIP

Heard this on my way to run an errand and while I was outside I started to cry. He had a lot to do with the 90s Knicks along with Oakley and Starks. His toughness was second to none, I would go to war with him every time even in the modern day era. He could run point forward and wow man his defense!

My favorite moment from him was the year the Bulls went 72-10. The Knicks were struggling, I think it was the year Riley quit and the Knicks got off to a tough start. So the record setting Bulls visiting the Garden, and Van Gundy puts Mason on Jordan. Man, that was such an awesome game. Jordan is the GOAT so of course he got his 30 points, but wow were they all earned. I remember him forcing MJ into countless turnovers and the Knicks crushed the dominating Bulls 104-72. It was the highlight of the season. The Knicks went on to make the playoffs and of course upset their 1st round team and had to play the Bulls in the 2nd round. Knicks lost in 5, I blame the scheduling as they had the audacity to schedule back to back games (Saturday & Sunday) at the Garden essentially ruining any chance of defending the homecourt (they won game 3 and lost a close game 4). My point is, Mason is the guy that could literally guard every position. Maybe not the speedy PG, but he guarded Jordan and he guarded Olajuwon. For goodness sakes in the 94 Finals, it was Mason on Olajuwon as he was too fast for Ewing. He would routinely lock down Pippen and bully him.

Regardless, RIP Mason. You were one of the reasons I loved Basketball. Your heart, your grit, your toughness, your defense. I miss the 90s Knicks more and more everyday knowing they have to go forward led by a pretender like Melo. Will miss you <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCUCTp7CqE

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Nope, not him, or Anthony Mason Jr. I'll just go look at the Knicks roster in 2010.

Ah, it was Anthony Carter.
    Aw damn,that's rite ,.traded from nuggets i think..

A man's man. Tough s.o.b. - he won me over with his work ethic and "statue of Liberty" free throws. Have a lid with his autograph (and a few other teammates) from when the Knicks inspired fear. God bless him and his family; gone too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Heard this on my way to run an errand and while I was outside I started to cry. He had a lot to do with the 90s Knicks along with Oakley and Starks. His toughness was second to none, I would go to war with him every time even in the modern day era. He could run point forward and wow man his defense!

My favorite moment from him was the year the Bulls went 72-10. The Knicks were struggling, I think it was the year Riley quit and the Knicks got off to a tough start. So the record setting Bulls visiting the Garden, and Van Gundy puts Mason on Jordan. Man, that was such an awesome game. Jordan is the GOAT so of course he got his 30 points, but wow were they all earned. I remember him forcing MJ into countless turnovers and the Knicks crushed the dominating Bulls 104-72. It was the highlight of the season. The Knicks went on to make the playoffs and of course upset their 1st round team and had to play the Bulls in the 2nd round. Knicks lost in 5, I blame the scheduling as they had the audacity to schedule back to back games (Saturday & Sunday) at the Garden essentially ruining any chance of defending the homecourt (they won game 3 and lost a close game 4). My point is, Mason is the guy that could literally guard every position. Maybe not the speedy PG, but he guarded Jordan and he guarded Olajuwon. For goodness sakes in the 94 Finals, it was Mason on Olajuwon as he was too fast for Ewing. He would routinely lock down Pippen and bully him.

Regardless, RIP Mason. You were one of the reasons I loved Basketball. Your heart, your grit, your toughness, your defense. I miss the 90s Knicks more and more everyday knowing they have to go forward led by a pretender like Melo. Will miss you <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZCUCTp7CqE
    Rep'd , good post and cool vid..those 90's knicks was tough.MAse was slick and he had old man's grown game, really slick for a guy his size and to be a lefty.i always liked Mase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQpUhDiTuXQ

Diamond D - Best Kept Secret

College superstar

my condolences. mase was one of the key components during the 90s knicks reign - the 92-94 teams were gritty and tough as nails.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

RIP.

he also had one of the unique/ugliest foul shots ive ever seen

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Has anyone seen what happened? I remember hearing a few days ago that he wasn't doing well, but I never heard why. Same thing with Kersey. I even looked this morning and still haven't seen any cause of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Has anyone seen what happened? I remember hearing a few days ago that he wasn't doing well, but I never heard why. Same thing with Kersey. I even looked this morning and still haven't seen any cause of death.
    He had a major heart attack in early February and has basically been hanging on in a hospital since then...with multiple surgeries, etc.

R.I.P.

What an awful couple of weeks, so many former NBA players leaving this world

Dunking on everybody in the park

This is sad. I enjoyed watching him on the Knicks back in the day.

Decent playground baller ButterFace's Avatar

Damn, first Kersey and now Mason, both around 50.