Default Re: Kobe Bryant:

Kobe the last of a dying breed.

This is old news.

Kobe said that right before the 96' draft

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    Kobe the last of a dying breed.
    Which dying breed? People talk like Lakers are timberwolves. Kobe would not be paid as much by any championship contender plus Kobe will earn a lot more if he retired a laker. It is almost like people forget that Lakers have always tried to get good talent since Kobe came into the league. 3 rings with Shaq and Phil and then 2 more with probably the best frontcourt in the league. They tried again by getting Dwight and Nash.
    Kobe was right in demanding a trade and he is also right in trying to portray this true Laker for life bs. Lebron made the same bs move by saying that "he is coming home". It is all for money.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Kobe Bryant:

Easy to say this as your career is dwindling down. Where was this mentality when he was requesting a trade to Chicago? Heck, it was recently revealed that he wanted to join MJ in Washington as well.

hes gonna play for phil for 1 more season

NBA Legend

Yeah, I would like to be traded. And as tough as it is to say that, as tough as it is to come to that conclusion, there's no other -- there's no other -- there's no other alternative, you know. They obviously want to move in a different direction in terms of rebuilding. I wish they would have told me that prior to me re-signing with the team. They obviously want to move in a different direction.

KB: You got to be up front about that, man. Three years ago when I was re-signing, they should have told me that they wanted to rebuild. Would have affected my decision. Don't tell me one thing and do another.

Not really, man. At this point I'll go play on Pluto right now.

NBA Legend

SAS: One of the things that amazes me about you, Kobe, I consider you to be the best player in the game. A lot of people feel that way. I know most of coaches in the league feel exactly the same way about you being that caliber of a player. But when they look at Kobe, they say to Kobe in regards to this present state of affairs with the Los Angeles Lakers, he got what he asked for, he wanted it to be his team, he wanted Shaquille O'Neal gone so he could be the man, he could be the show. This is Kobe in a situation that Kobe created for himself. What do you say in response to people who feel that way?

KB: Well, not much I can say to them. If that's what they want to say, that's what they gonna say. But I think that I could have went to a team like the Los Angeles Clippers that had a lot more talent, and a cast that -- with Elton Brad, Maggette -- soon get Mobley and Cassell, we could have been -- we probably should be playing right now. I chose to stay here because of the promises that they made in terms of building the team.

SAS: You could have went to Chicago, too.

KB: Could have went to Chicago. They had a cast of extremely talented young players. But I chose to stay here because of what they promised. Now, if I knew they weren't going to be aggressive in getting Davis, getting a Carlos Boozer, that would have changed things drastically.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPopazit
    Easy to say this as your career is dwindling down. Where was this mentality when he was requesting a trade to Chicago? Heck, it was recently revealed that he wanted to join MJ in Washington as well.
    And yet nothing went through (of course for many other reasons).

He did stick with it. It's not like he won a championship the day after he decided not to go with Chicago. He won years later. He could've left anytime he pleased, and be welcomed pretty much anywhere else in the league when the Lakers best players were Odom and Parker. When Kwame Brown was featured on game ticket advertisements. He could have bounced, he did try to as times were not just bad - but frustrating. Yet here we are in 2015, 2 more championships added to Laker history, and he's still bleeding P&G.

It takes some real patience and "laker pride" to withstand all the nonsense he did, as it does for him now. Everyone will have their jab at him, yet he's still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    smallpox

National High School Star

Its so beta to say that

Alphas can withstand the criticism and hate that comes with team changes, not crumble under pressure and retire if they have to change teams

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    Its so beta to say that

Alphas can withstand the criticism and hate that comes with team changes, not crumble under pressure and retire if they have to change teams
    You have a completely warped sense on what it means to be alpha. Loyalty is an alpha trait.

Do you think people who use steroids in baseball are alpha? They do whatever takes.

Technically LeBron isn't cheating when he quits on a franchise so he can play for the most stacked team possible, but when they win it's not a "real" win. It's cheap. Beta.

Stop bullshitting with your lame ass alpha perception. No one is fooled.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    You have a completely warped sense on what it means to be alpha. Loyalty is an alpha trait.

Do you think people who use steroids in baseball are alpha? They do whatever takes.

Technically LeBron isn't cheating when he quits on a franchise so he can play for the most stacked team possible, but when they win it's not a "real" win. It's cheap. Beta.

Stop bullshitting with your lame ass alpha perception. No one is fooled.
    Nah your definition of alpha is wrong

Decent playground baller

Kobe is the last of a dying breed.

That alpha personality that is the bridge to the 90s

he's a throwback player

no flopping

no fear

no care for statistics

1 goal in mind and 1 goal only-- win championships

Kobe is the Last of a Dying Breed.

Last. Of. A. Dying. Breed

Last

Kobe
    Bryant

Kobe Bryant

Last
    Bryant

Of a

Kobe

Dying

Kobe Bryant

Breed

Kobe Bryant is the last of a dying breed.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne92
    Kobe is the last of a dying breed.

That alpha personality that is the bridge to the 90s

he's a throwback player

no flopping

no fear

no care for statistics

1 goal in mind and 1 goal only-- win championships

Kobe is the Last of a Dying Breed.

Last. Of. A. Dying. Breed

Last

Kobe
    Bryant

Kobe Bryant

Last
    Bryant

Of a

Kobe

Dying

Kobe Bryant

Breed

Kobe Bryant is the last of a dying breed.

i lol'd