Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Your Favorite Michael Jordan Moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Michael Jordan's stats against the Pistons in the '88 playoffs
    27.4 PPG, 8.8 rpg, 4.6 apg, 2 spg, on 49%, lost in 5 games

Michael Jordan's stats against the Pistons in the '89 playoffs
    29.7 PPG, 5.5 rpg, 6.5 apg, 2 spg, on 46%, lost in 6 games

Michael Jordan's stats against the Pistons in the '90 playoffs
    32.1 PPG, 7.1 rpg, 6.3 apg, 2.1 spg, on 45%, lost in 7 games

If thats getting destroyed then I'm seriously questioning if you guys even like basketball the way MJ gets hated on...
    His shooting percentages are low(for MJ), yet these are numbers Kobe(who's supposedly better than MJ), would kill for...
    We could actually break this down further...

Game 1 of the 88 playoffs, Jordan scores 29 pts, 10-22 shooting, 11 reb(5 offensive), and 6 assists. Next highest scorer is Horace Grant with 16 points. Pippen who was a rookie to be fair, played 23 minutes, scored 2 points on 1-6 shooting, 3 reb, 1 assist.

Game 2 - Jordan, 36 points, 14-22, 11 reb...Next highest scorer is Sam Vincent with 31 points. Vincent played 29 games with the Bulls after being traded from the Sonics. He averaged 13ppg, and 9 apg for the season. Pippen played 26 minutes, 4 points on 2-6, 4 reb, 5 assist...etc, etc, blah, blah...don't think I have to go any further to show how much help Jordan had, which was basically none...

In the 1989 playoffs-Pippen averaged 13points, 8 rpg, 4 apg..better than his first season but still not nearly enough help for MJ...

1990 playoffs - this is the Pippen we came to know...19ppg, 7rpg, 6apg, 50% shooting...Still wasn't enough between him and MJ to overcome a team like the Pistons...

Game 3 of the 89 playoffs against Pistons, Jordan 46 points, 16-26, 7reb, 5 assists, 5 steals, 2 to's. Next highest scorer was Bill Cartwright with 15 points. Scottie Pippen 7 points on 2-10 shooting, 8 reb, 4 assists, 4 steals.

1990 playoffs against Pistons - Jordan, game 3 47 points, game 4, 42 points, combined 30-58 shooting...Pippen did also have 29 points in game 3 and 14 in game 4. To be fair, all starters were in double figures in that game.

Pretty sure I can stop here...You can see that Jordan basically had no help until Pippen became Pippen in 1990. Its funny that people hate MJ so much that they ignore context, repeat rhetoric and generalizations. In no way shape or form did MJ play "horrible" against the Pistons..In fact, he played way above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    32.1 PPG, 7.1 rpg, 6.3 apg, 2.1 spg, on 47%
    My bad, my bad...

Jordan stans catching feelings

Anyway, favourite moment is this game

GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Slayed x 2.

Anyone that doesn't think mj is BY FAR the goat,

A. Are under 25 and have never seen him play.

B. Don't know the game of basketball

Or

C. Mentally retOarded.
    A large portion of ISH members are all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    You know his father is dead right now because of his gambling right now, right?
    Please post a link to a source of your claim.

And btw, my favorite Jordan moment was the 1987 slam dunk contest seen in my hometown Seattle.

In the III's????!!!!?????!!!!??????

Absolute artistry. Athleticism , flare, funk never seen before or since.

Not even close.

You poor kids have no idea how funky it was to see live.

Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan

GOAT
    Relax, I'm at work. Got plenty of time to look up stats...More like tired of seeing ignorant posters spewing the same nonsense, "The Pistons destroyed MJ", "MJ wasn't sh*t until he got Pippen". Correction, MJ didn't WIN until he got Pippen which most of us already know. People listen to ESPN and repeat everything they say. In no way was Jordan even remotely destroyed by the Pistons. The Pistons were a better TEAM. Doesn't take a high IQ to know that. If anything, the fact that they were trying to beat him up and still couldn't stop him just shows how great MJ really was. That just means MJ was carrying them solo dolo until he got Pippen...Was the defense supposed to be scared of Dave Corzine, Bill Cartwright? Horace Grant? I'm not even a Jordan stan, I'm a fan and in case nobody paid attention for the past year, I grew up hating Jordan. HATED HIM. But now I'm a grownup who can appreciate greatness without hating on certain players riding the nuts of other players like Kobe, Lebron, and Durant stans..

Sorry that some of you stan so hard for certain players that you can't appreciate MJ, you should probably grow up...

Decent playground baller

51 in 2002 season with Wizards...unreal

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    You know his father is dead right now because of his gambling right now, right? And Michael Jackson is the real MJ.
    9/11 was an inside job and we never got to the moon, right

There was never an indication that police thought that was the reason behind MJs dad being murdered. Only folks that want to believe that are MJ haters and consiparacy nuts.

Oh, BTW, the real LBJ was Lyndon Baines Johnson

Favorite MJ Moment?

The Shot. It propelled the Bulls to the Eastern Conference Finals and put them on the path to greatness for the next decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g2z1dLzTcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5WUOnTxwPw

Tough to say there are many great Jordan moments since I started watching basketball in 1992.

But if I have to name one it would be his game 1 performance in the 1992 finals. The hype of drexler vs jordan for status of best shooting guard.

Then he put up those 3s and him looking over to Marv Albert, magic, & fratello. Then his shrug. That shrug was put in the Gatorade commercial "be like mike"

In 2014 I still remember this moment.

Another memory I like about MJ is 1995 when coming back from Baseball and losing against the magic. Then coming back the following season to win 72 games then sweeping that same team en route to beat my hometown Sonics. And winning it on father's day. That 1995 to 1996 journey was like full circle

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    For what? Nikka, we got nothing to worry about from fans of any of today's players/teams.

GOAT
    At least you got SOME sense.

1995-1996

In the previous year, the GOAT, MJ, returned to basketball mid-season but wasn't at his top form. At the end of the season, the Bulls were swept by the Orlando Magic. Jordan vowed revenge on the league and his critics and his Bulls ended up winning 72 games in the regular season (would have won more but Phil sat down the starters for the last two games).

And that Orlando team that swept them previously? Bulls promptly swept them as payback. That Bulls team not only won the championship but virtually swept all individual awards (save for DPOY and ROY). Bulls players even dominated during the All-Star event.

In all, that season was the single most dominant season by a team and an individual player.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    1995-1996

In the previous year, the GOAT, MJ, returned to basketball mid-season but wasn't at his top form. At the end of the season, the Bulls were swept by the Orlando Magic. Jordan vowed revenge on the league and his critics and his Bulls ended up winning 72 games in the regular season (would have won more but Phil sat down the starters for the last two games).

And that Orlando team that swept them previously? Bulls promptly swept them as payback. That Bulls team not only won the championship but virtually swept all individual awards (save for DPOY and ROY). Bulls players even dominated during the All-Star event.

In all, that season was the single most dominant season by a team and an individual player.
    They lost in 6.