Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Default Re: Jeremy Lin can't go left

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    Tell me when those guys were paid almost $30 mil to start for an NBA team
    Who said that? BrooklynZoo? Anyways, Flip arguably could have made the all star game that yr when Ray Allen's injury opened up pt for him and he was hitting game winners over all stars like Latrell Sprewell, crossing up LeBron and Carmelo in the Rook/Soph A.S.G. But of course, I'm racist for pointing that out

http://youtu.be/Az_zCQzSkjI

best mix I could find, was kinda before the youtube/twitter era

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

its too bad nba players dont have training camps, clinics, and 1 on 1 coaches to work on things like that during the off season. lin is screwed.

Good High School Starter

Sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet. So I'm assuming you do believe Jeremy Lin can go left. Of course any NBA player can. They should. Players don't belong in the league if they simply can't go left. He just needs to continue to do it more often so he doesn't become too predictable at penetrating to the basket.

Decent playground baller ballashotcalla's Avatar

its cause steve a smith said he can't go left, so everyone believes lin can't go left.

College star

He doesn't even have to go left - nobody can stop him when he goes right.

Quote Originally Posted by ballashotcalla
    its cause steve a smith said he can't go left, so everyone believes lin can't go left.
    When did SAS say it? I don't even watch ESPN, but he really does struggle going left. He also overpenetrates and then tries to make predictable, ill fated jump passes. I have even heard him admit as much

http://youtu.be/EJJO4WCzs9U (literally everything is going right)

Lin is a good player and worth that contract. Can't help you if you see otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
    When did SAS say it? I don't even watch ESPN, but he really does struggle going left. He also overpenetrates and then tries to make predictable, ill fated jump passes. I have even heard him admit as much

http://youtu.be/EJJO4WCzs9U (literally everything is going right)
    I noticed the first play in the video you posted, Lin made a difficult left handed layup

1:20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGJw-TnZPU

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    Lin is a good player and worth that contract. Can't help you if you see otherwise.
    Felton averaged 17/9 for a season and didn't get a contract even approaching that.

If you had to rank 30 starting NBA pgs, where do you put Lin? Or is he even in that class or a career backup? Predict his numbers next season and let's compare it to what other comparable guys get.

15/7?

14/8?

20/8?

Felton averaged 17/9 for a season and didn't get a contract even approaching that.

If you had to rank 30 starting NBA pgs, where do you put Lin? Or is he even in that class or a career backup? Predict his numbers next season and let's compare it to what other comparable guys get.

15/7?

14/8?

20/8?
    I don't base the handing out of mulit-million dollar contracts on two statistical categories.

watching those clips reminded me how awesome linsanity was. no one knew what he would do next and it kept getting better.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_dc_fan
    He does other things too good to complain about favoring one hand.
    Totally! Like knocking down 3's and shit

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

15/7?

14/8?

20/8?
    MJ should sign himself for 30m
    He averaged 11/6.5 last season. You're not paid for what you did in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    I don't base the handing out of mulit-million dollar contracts on two statistical categories.
    On what do you base it? On court performance over a 3 week magical stretch that proved to be a fluke once the pixie dust ran out? Or you going to point out how he is a ca$hcow because of the China market or how he sells tickets (which I agree with, but I'm pointing out he is very average on court)?

On what do you base it? On court performance over a 3 week magical stretch that proved to be a fluke once the pixie dust ran out? Or you going to point out how he is a ca$hcow because of the China market or how he sells tickets (which I agree with, but I'm pointing out he is very average on court)?
    It's clear he is a good player. He may average 15/7 on decent %'s.
    It's also clear he is worth a couple of more mil a season than his play dictates due to his amazing marketability.

George Hill got 5/40, and I don't believe he is better than Lin. At worst they are similar.
    Dragic 4/34. Similar player, Dragic slightly better without marketability.
    Lin 3/25?

Seems fair to me.