Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Laker News: Blake traded to GSW For Brooks & Bazemore

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I like Blake the person and I loved his pesky style of play but he's missed nearly 60 games the last three years due to a multitude of injuries..It's good to get a look at some other players the rest of the season since Blake wasn't in their long term plans.

Pretty sure this also resets the repeater tax, now they need to stay below 73 million next year and it's free spending without sanctions for the following 5 years

Default Re: Laker News: Blake traded to GSW For Brooks & Bazemore

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    I like Blake the person and I loved his pesky style of play but he's missed nearly 60 games the last three years due to a multitude of injuries..It's good to get a look at some other players the rest of the season since Blake wasn't in their long term plans.

Pretty sure this also resets the repeater tax, now they need to stay below 73 million next year and it's free spending without sanctions for the following 5 years
    Injuries can just make or break any player. Bynum was the 2nd best center 2 years ago. Brandon Roy was arguably in the top 4 SGs a few years back etc. Kobe, Rose etc.
    I was actually really discourgaged when Matt Barnes was with the Lakers bec he was always hurt during the playoffs.
    It seems to me majority of the teams now have adapted that 1-2 stars/superstars + sign a bunch of cheap role players on very short term contracts formula.
    TWolves the last couple of years, tried to sign 6-8 pretty good role players from a range of 4-7 mil/year but it backfired too.
    To me, teams with superstars can use good complementary players like Blake.
    Chalmers, Fisher etc these guys did helped their teams before.