Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Default Is that fatso Brian Windhorst the most pathetic person covering sports?

The guy has literally been stalking Lebron since he was 14 years old

Has Lebron ever had a televised conversation with him

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Default Re: Is that fatso Brian Windhorst the most pathetic person covering sports?

I've seen Lebron talk to him during press conferences. It was obvious that they know each other personally.

Quit hating.

Default Re: Is that fatso Brian Windhorst the most pathetic person covering sports?

He moved from Cleveland to Miami, just to cover Lebron for ESPN

Pretty sad if you ask me. Hopefully Bran takes his talents to North Korea next

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom

How is getting to write, watch, and talk about sports as a PAID job sad...ethered

He had to follow where lebron went because its his job

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom

So if he got offered more money, got to work for a bigger company, and got to live in a better city, taking that job is "pretty sad"

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Are you guys getting this from Windhorst's interview with Mike and Mike this morning? He lived in Miami for two years and then moved to New York.

I usually hit open layups

He went to high school with LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by nzahir
    How is getting to write, watch, and talk about sports as a PAID job sad...ethered

He had to follow where lebron went because its his job
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Windhorst
    In 2010, Windhorst left the Plain Dealer for ESPN to cover James' new team, the Miami Heat.[5] Prior to leaving The Plain Dealer, he contributed columns to ESPN.com[1] and made appearances on ESPN First Take. In an interview, Windhorst stated that "obviously LeBron's a huge factor" in his decision to join ESPN,[6] but that the Cavaliers "need to move on" without James.[6]

He went to the same high school as Lebron and covered the Cavs from the year he was drafted to the minute he left.

I'm not going to say that he has a bad job- I just don't know how you can really say "oh yeah, I'm a Lebron James expert, that's all I write about" and feel more dignity than just being a Cleveland/Miami/National/whatever writer. And a good number of times, his "journalism" is no better than some of the garbage you read from Bran stans on ISH. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually was a Bran stan on ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    So if he got offered more money, got to work for a bigger company, and got to live in a better city, taking that job is "pretty sad"
    I mean OK, I just get pissed off that this guy writes so many articles trashing the Heat as if Lebron was playing 1 on 5 out there.

I don't blame anyone from moving from Cleveland to Miami, taking the best opportunity, etc but I just think his job/reporting is weird. Maybe I'm wrong and you're right, but I prefer to have the local sports writers be people who are passionate about the teams in the city, not just 1 player. Before 2010, Windhorst gave 0 ****s about the Heat and Miami, and I doubt that's changed. If Lebron leaves, then there's no doubt he'll follow him to whatever city and spew out the same agenda garbage driven nonsense he does now here in Miami.

Lebatard, Skolnick, Gutierrez >>>>> Windhorst any day of the week
    Last edited by BasedTom; 06-25-2014 at 04:58 PM.

This was the grown man who crawled out of Lebron's laundry hamper to attend a press conference after Kevin Durant won MVP and say out loud, right in front of other grown people...

"WE VOTED FOR YA, KING!"

He's the guy ESPN rolls to now when they need someone to trash Heat players not named Lebron.

story of Windhorst's life

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    story of Windhorst's life

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    This was the grown man who crawled out of Lebron's laundry hamper to attend a press conference after Kevin Durant won MVP and say out loud, right in front of other grown people...

"WE VOTED FOR YA, KING!"

He's the guy ESPN rolls to now when they need someone to trash Heat players not named Lebron.
    LOL

Windhorst is getting that money, but rest assured, his lives vicariously through LeBron.

He looks like a Jonah Hill fat body double. I say fat body double because Jonah Hill been on some kinda diet now

No, that would be Chris Broussard, who said the Nets are on Lebron's short list (despite it seemingly being totally fabricated) because he knows that fanbase lives for being associated with big names and will now follow him.