Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: Parker & Duncan VS. Stockton & Malone

Stockton was better than Parker, and Malone was a beast in transition, and had that fadeway jumpshot, but Duncan was a better player in just about every aspect of the game, so I gotta say Parker & Duncan.

Decent playground baller TimmyDuncan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    [B]Barkley arrived as a rookie When Doc Was 34-37 Years Old, Moses Left for 1985-86 Play-Offs and Andrew Toney Suffered a Career Ending Injury in the 1985-86 Season. Bad Luck. He Was Just a Rookie Those Years Playing With an Aging Team.

In The East You Had The Bad Boy Pistons, The Big 3 Celtics and Showtime in the West. So Nobody Was Winning in the 80s But Those Teams.

From 1987 to 1992 Barkley had Hersey Dawkins 2nd Otption.
    From 1987 to 1992 Jordan had Pippen as 2nd Option, Grant as 3rd and Phil Jackson as Coach
    From 1985 to 1993 Malone had Stockton as 2nd Option and Eaton as 3rd and Sloan as Coach
    Thanks.

Jordan and Malone didn't really matters for Barkley's carreer until the 90's. I just checked, in the first years the sixers lost to the Bucks twice, the knicks once or didn't even made the playoff.

Th aging guys and the injuries can explain part of that but I just can't see a 24 years old / 4th season Duncan or other all time great not making the playoff while playing 80 games in the season

The teamates must have been really bad

Decent playground baller redboy's Avatar

i'd rather having stockton and malone in the regular season and parker and duncan in the playoffs just because of how parker and duncan can both individually win games with their scoring arsenal and "clutch" ability