Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: A Lot Of Flopping By The Clippers Against The Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    1st- Not a flop... that's called taking a charge. Happens all the time in this league.
    2nd- Couldn't tell from that shitty angle, but there might've been some contact on the shot contest
    3rd- Definitely contact on Mo
    4th- Definitely contact on Jones
    5th- Chauncey just fell after shooting an awkward shot... happens
    6th- Can't tell from this distance
    7th- Hitting the ground when you're going for the ball isn't uncommon either

I'm convinced that people are either mad about the Clippers winning, trying to troll their fans, or simply don't watch or understand the sport. Or they don't understand what a "flop" is.
    Definitely. This has been going on for weeks and it's funny. I always thought when the Clippers were good people would be happy. I never expected this kind of backlash. To where fans of the LAKERS and HEAT of all teams are making flop videos of the Clippers every game.

In which they don't even include legit flops. These are legit contact fouls. I mean people are including slips and diving for loose balls? That's how you know they are desperate. Griffin has been getting bloody noses, scraped knees and hit in the eye every other game yet people say he's flopping and didn't get touched. Explain the blood? Look at the scars on his arms and scratches every game.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Suck it up. Your team lost. Not by 2. By 7. Flopping didn't make the Grizzlies shoot 32 percent in the second half and end the game on a 0 field goals in 5 minutes run. That was the Clippers defense.
    I'd have to say, good for you for admiting that at least they did flop. Unlike other Clippers fans here who just have their blinders on, who just like to hide and deny the allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    suck what up, I'm not complaining about the loss. Clips aren't going deep in the playoffs... when zbo's back they're gonna be a force. Suck that up. defense? no it was Oj shot jacking and rudy not realizing some doubles.
    It worked in the first half. Only thing that changed was Clippers defense. Also the defense forced them into those 3's obviously but locking up the paint more. As for the Grizzlies vs the Clippers.... Zach and Gay haven't proven they can co exist. Gay did best before Zach got there... and Zach had a breakout when Gay was out. Don't play paper rosters.

The Clippers are nowhere near peaked or gelled. If they were a cohesive unit it would of been a 30 point blowout win the way it was going.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah Rose
    I'd have to say, good for you for admiting that at least they did flop. Unlike other Clippers fans here who just have their blinders on, who just like to hide and deny the allegations.
    I'm not admitting that video had legit flops. The Clippers players do flop sometimes but not nearly this epidemic people are trying to make it seem like. I've never seen people go out of their way to make these videos about the Lakers, Heat and Rockets after every game. It's going to make it that much sweeter for me when the Clippers hoist a banner in the next 5 years.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-27-2012 at 01:35 PM.

It worked in the first half. Only thing that changed was Clippers defense. Also the defense forced them into those 3's obviously but locking up the paint more. As for the Grizzlies vs the Clippers.... Zach and Gay haven't proven they can co exist. Gay did best before Zach got there... and Zach had a breakout when Gay was out. Don't play paper rosters.

The Clippers are nowhere near peaked or gelled. If they were a cohesive unit it would of been a 30 point blowout win the way it was going.
    Stats from last year before Rudy gay's injury after playing together for 54 games.
    Rudy gay: 20/6/3 on 47%FG and 40%3pt (Superior numbers to this season without Zbo)
    Zach Randolph: 20/13 49%

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Stats from last year before Rudy gay's injury after playing together for 54 games.
    Rudy gay: 20/6/3 on 47%FG and 40%3pt (Superior numbers to this season without Zbo)
    Did you watch the playoffs? Or are you just using Basketball reference to make a point? Didn't the Grizzlies have a higher winning percentages after Gay went down last year? Basketball isn't legos. You don't just plug something in and say OMG that means we are going to add 20/6/3 to what we already have. It means Gasol and Conley are going to go back to a reduced role etc.

Changes the composition of the team and by no means guarantees the Grizzlies will be significantly better. Chances are they improve some due to depth increase.... but Zach can be quite the black hole on offense. We saw lately when guys like Melo sit on bench and their team dominates. That's because guys were swinging the ball.

Both Gay and Randolph have black hole tendencies and can't pass for sh**. Not exactly a power combo.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    eye opener

cp3 trademark spin @ 1:37
    That CP360 shit is just disgusting. I hope he breaks his hip next time.

Did you watch the playoffs? Or are you just using Basketball reference to make a point? Didn't the Grizzlies have a higher winning percentages after Gay went down last year?
    You asking me if I watched the playoffs last year? How stupid are you? You claimed Rudy Gay and Zbo cant coexist and I proved you wrong are you making another claim now?

You asking me if I watched the playoffs last year? How stupid are you? You claimed Rudy Gay and Zbo cant coexist and I proved you wrong are you making another claim now?
    i was just looking for those stats in class. haha. I believe they can coexist. May take a couple weeks but it'll happen even if they have to reduce some roles of players, they'll have so much depth at that point. But grizz are gonna be a force, clips will be first round exits.

Made that high school varsity squad

i'm not going to say those were all flops, but there's a lot of exaggeration with the arms and head flailing to get the call.

You didn't prove me wrong. You showed me stats to explain a basketball situation... which is a big failure on your part. Good stats doesn't mean they are co existing well. Randolph thrived in the playoffs and carried the Grizzlies because he was the undisputed man on that team with Gay out and he even implied that himself.

BTW you may want to shore up on that reading comprehension. "Haven't proven" is not the same as "can't". Haven't proven implies that they haven't done it yet on a large enough sampling size. Good stats for 54 games doesn't mean jack. When I watched them with Gay last year it looked like two black holes who couldn't decide on who was THE guy.

Who was going to take the last shot etc. Similar to Wade and Lebron they seemed like they had that let's take turns approach. That's not cohesive.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 01-27-2012 at 01:51 PM.

About half of those were legit calls. CP on the other hand lol, pretty sad if you ask me.

Did Foye get ejected after close lining Selby? That was ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    About half of those were legit calls. CP on the other hand lol, pretty sad if you ask me.

Did Foye get ejected after close lining Selby? That was ridiculous
    Flagrant foul. I honestly was happy he did that. Marc Gasol hit Griffin in the face and gave him a bloody nose (Griffin was on floor for like 30 seconds) and the Grizzlies tried to push the ball to take advantage of a 5-4 break. I would of actually hit him harder for that sh**. It's not sportsmanlike at all. It's like if a guy loses his shoe and you run a break to take advantage of that. Straight pus*y shit.

You didn't prove me wrong. You showed me stats to explain a basketball situation... which is a big failure on your part. Good stats doesn't mean they are co existing well. Randolph thrived in the playoffs and carried the Grizzlies because he was the undisputed man on that team with Gay out and he even implied that himself.
    Memphis Last year with Gay and Zbo both playing:
    30-24

Memphis without Gay but Zbo playing:
    16-12
    As for the Grizzlies vs the Clippers.... Zach and Gay haven't proven they can co exist. Gay did best before Zach got there... and Zach had a breakout when Gay was out. Don't play paper rosters.
    Again last year with both players on the court in 30wins:
    Rudy Gay: 20/6/3.2 49%FG
    Zach Randolph: 22/12/2.5 55%FG

Now please STFU you retarded homer.

horrible video. There were at least 10 flops yesterday and the vid creator missed 90% of them.