Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore Aussie Outcast's Avatar

Default NBA League Pass vs Ball Streams

From Australia and the price of league pass seems to be getting quite ridiculous in comparison to other countries / in general.

What are some of the pro's and cons of ball streams?

The big positive for league pass for me is they archive games without ads (I'm at work when the games are shown live so have to watch these when I get home). I saw that Ball streams archives games instantly but do they include all the ad breaks with them or do they get rid of them straight away?

Also has anyone used to android app for Ball streams? Would be awesome if that worked well as I saw they have added chrome cast capability which league pass is still lacking.

Any advice is appreciated.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: NBA League Pass vs Ball Streams

cons are if u have bad connection dont buy ball streams

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    cons are if u have bad connection dont buy ball streams
    I've tested Ballstreams on 10MB and it's worked completely fine. Otherwise you have to do the lesser quality stream.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i pay 40 a month for 3 mbps dl speeds

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Outcast
    What are some of the pro's and cons of ball streams?
    Pros would be their customer service is great and understanding. You can literally go into the main chat area and speak with the admin a lot of times. My account auto renewal because I forgot to disable it and after 3 days I noticed and they were still nice enough to refund the money.

The streaming quality is great. I've hooked up my computer via HDMI and I can't tell it's streaming from the laptop.

The big positive for league pass for me is they archive games without ads (I'm at work when the games are shown live so have to watch these when I get home). I saw that Ball streams archives games instantly but do they include all the ad breaks with them or do they get rid of them straight away?
    not sure on this. I know the archive right away live, but it depends on the stream. Some of their games are streamed from League Pass, but they usually try to get a local broadcast of the stream up first of the home team (sometimes they stream both the home and away broadcast teams).

I'm assuming when they're auto-archived from live streams the ads are there, but I know there's skip forward buttons as well on the player.

Also has anyone used to android app for Ball streams? Would be awesome if that worked well as I saw they have added chrome cast capability which league pass is still lacking.

Any advice is appreciated.
    I haven't used the app yet. I still recommend the service just for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    i pay 40 a month for 3 mbps dl speeds
    Before I switched and got TV+net I was paying $36.99 a month for 30MB (they recently increased it to 60MB for the same price).

I've used International League Pass for a few years and loved it. I share it with my brother so I only end up paying

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Pros would be their customer service is great and understanding. You can literally go into the main chat area and speak with the admin a lot of times. My account auto renewal because I forgot to disable it and after 3 days I noticed and they were still nice enough to refund the money.

The streaming quality is great. I've hooked up my computer via HDMI and I can't tell it's streaming from the laptop.

not sure on this. I know the archive right away live, but it depends on the stream. Some of their games are streamed from League Pass, but they usually try to get a local broadcast of the stream up first of the home team (sometimes they stream both the home and away broadcast teams).

I'm assuming when they're auto-archived from live streams the ads are there, but I know there's skip forward buttons as well on the player.

I haven't used the app yet. I still recommend the service just for the price.

Thanks for the advice. I hook my computer up to my TV via HDMI as well so its good to know the quality is maintained.

When you are watching it is it through a flash / java player much like league pass or is there the option to play through VLC? I saw something about VLC / media player support on the site but then it says flash player is required.

Seems like its a bit of a no brainer for the price especially when the quality of the service is better than league pass (especially if the chrome cast functionality works).

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Does it work well on Roku?

Also Ballstreams is run from Netherlands, I think. So should work internationally.

[QUOTE=T_L_P]I've used International League Pass for a few years and loved it. I share it with my brother so I only end up paying

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Does it work well on Roku?
    Ballstreams? Anyone I've communicated with using Roku loves it.

if you dont watch the games live, then why now just torrent them for free?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    if you dont watch the games live, then why now just torrent them for free?
    Convenience usually. Plus he'd probably watch some live games.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Convenience usually. Plus he'd probably watch some live games.
    This is correct. Its much easier to come home after work and just hit the play button then sort out a torrent (some of which dont always come up until 3 days after and by then you already know the result) and wait for it to finish.

Plus on weekends I can sit down with some friends and watch games live.

I dont mind paying for a service but League Pass has gotten to the point where it's not worth it. Especially in Australia where the price is way higher than everywhere else.

I dont mind paying for a service but League Pass has gotten to the point where it's not worth it. Especially in Australia where the price is way higher than everywhere else.
    Let me put it this way. I was getting League Pass the shady way for a few months paying only $7 for the whole season.

I'd still pay or Ballstreams over that.