Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Wall Vs Lillard Vs Irving

Irving looks impressive in the Team USA exhibition games. I think Irving and Lillard are in the same tier. Lillard is just playing with a much better team last season.

Very good NBA starter

1.Wall
    2.Irving
    3.Lillard

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    He's a bitter Kyrie stan upset that everyone has hailed other PGs over his favorite player.

I remember just last year he was talking about how Kyrie is already better than Westbrook

Lillard is already more clutch, and makes players on his team better. Can't say the same about Kyrie
    Statistically Kyrie is the most clutch player in the league over the last three seasons
    Last edited by BrownEye007; 08-29-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Wall because he's the number one option.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    The Cavs have LeBron - and his desire to right the wrongs that he committed four years ago - to thank for their present situation. Not their "organizational acumen."

I'm not saying that the Cavs organization is as inept as many make it out to be, but to act like they pulled this off-season off primarily because of any internal savvy, instead of the allure of Lebron James, would simply be incorrect.
    There seems to be this desire to continue the narrative that the Cavs organization sucks regardless of the facts. Do you honestly believe LeBron James would have come back had he not seen the enormous potential, both in the young talent we have been grooming ( Irving, Waiters, Thompson) and the assets to make other roster moves?

There is no doubt in my mind that those factors were absolutely enormous in his decision, along with the fact that we were one of the only teams in the league capable of paying him that two year, $40+ million contract without having to move major pieces to do it... again, made possible because of organizational decisions to keep our cap sheet flexible.

And, the first two major moves for the Cavs this offseason were hiring David Blatt and signing Kyrie to a max extension minutes after the offseason moratorium, something which people questioned for years (if he'd sign or leave). All of that preceded LeBron coming back.

So, the Cavs were able to offer a situation in which a team of Kyrie, Dion, Love, Thompson and all of his sharp shooting buddies could unite and, presumably, contend immediately. Just heaping all of the praise for this situation on LeBron wanting to make it right misses the larger point.

I know he wanted to come back and right wrongs, but the organization also offered him a hell of an opportunity to build what is currently in place. Very few teams in the league had enough young talent, assets and cap space to pull off what the Cavs just did, LeBron or no. The Cavs deserve credit for that, but it remains like pulling teeth to get people to admit it.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 08-29-2014 at 05:08 PM.

I think Wall will have a chip on his shoulder after not making Team USA. He'll have a great year making the Wizards overall better more-so than last year. I expect him and Beal to take a decent step forward this year.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Lillard (24) - 18.6 PER
    John Wall (24 in 1 month) - 19.6 PER
    Irving (22) - 20.1 PER

GTFO. Lillard is the oldest and least efficient player.
    Lillard has less NBA experience.

Irving will be playing with Lebron and Love, so he won't be the number one guy and his numbers (at least raw numbers) should not be that impressive, considering the fact that he has to share touches with two other 20+ ppg scorers.

Wall was a pretty huge bust in the Playoffs while Lillard played well.

I think Lillard will be the best out of the 3 on the offensive side while Wall's defense puts him at #1, at least in the regular season.

Wall just needs to keep developing that jumpshot.

Lillard
    Wall

Irving

I can't put Irving in the same class as those other 2 guys, not when he fails to make the playoffs in one of the worst conferences ever. I'm sure Lebron will teach him how to win though.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I think Wall will have a chip on his shoulder after not making Team USA. He'll have a great year making the Wizards overall better more-so than last year. I expect him and Beal to take a decent step forward this year.
    You think the Wizards are going to be better this year than they were last year? I don't know. I'm not so sure about that. They won 45 games, which is pretty damn good all things considered.

I feel that the East is better this year and I'm not sure the Wizards are as good. Trevor Ariza was a real key for them as a "3-and-D" guy and he's been replaced by a 36-year-old Paul Pierce, who really probably shouldn't be playing more than 25 minutes a game in the regular season at this stage. On top of that, Beal and Wall have both struggled with injuries over their first few years in the league, but both stayed healthy last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they maintained that 45-win pace this season, but I'd be a little surprised if they were actually better all things considered.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

It blows my ****ing mind that people think Lillard is better than Wall or Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    It's the playoff game winning shot. People live in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Lillard has less NBA experience.

Irving will be playing with Lebron and Love, so he won't be the number one guy and his numbers (at least raw numbers) should not be that impressive, considering the fact that he has to share touches with two other 20+ ppg scorers.

Wall was a pretty huge bust in the Playoffs while Lillard played well.

I think Lillard will be the best out of the 3 on the offensive side while Wall's defense puts him at #1, at least in the regular season.
    And Lillard is the No. 1 guy in Portland? LMA is far and away their best player and Lillard had him by his side from the moment he entered the league, not to mention a team loaded with shooters and pieces that fit together.

Damian Lillard was assisted on nearly 60% of his three-point attempts last year. That is pretty insane when compared to Irving's 45% assisted threes. Fact is, Lillard has never been asked to do the things that have been asked of Kyrie from the moment he stepped into the league... be the team's best player, scorer and playmaker.

And, Irving still managed to shoot a better percentage from the field... while also being two years younger. Watching Irving, Wall and Lillard compete for a spot on the US National Team, it seemed pretty obvious to me who the more complete player was.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I don't get how it's such a big deal? Clearly you're a Kyrie fan as i'm a Portland fan, but Lillard and Kyrie are pretty clearly neck and neck. Both play bad defense with very similar offensive capabilities

5-time NBA All-Star

Lillard not only won more games on his back, but he runs a much more stable team game. Aldrige's game has flourished under Lillard (by contrast look how long it took CP3 to figure out Blake's game). Matthews, Batum and Lopez aren't exactly killers and all would be journey men if Lillard wasn't keeping them in the team concept. So lets stop acting like he had some great supporting cast. His wining 54 games and being out West is vastly superior to Washington or Cleveland's win/loss situation. Had almost the same record as the Clippers who had a vastly superior team.

Wall ran a gutsy team that overachieved and surprised in the playoffs. He has figured it out. The team looked to him and found him, in control, and leading. Is the best pure point guard of the lot with superior set up skills and can balance a running game with a half court game. Knows when to slow it down and feature different players. Ran a better juggling act with teammates as 7 players really contributesd at a steady pace.

Irving took a step back in a contract year. His team play was pretty bad and at times seemed like he didn't care. Wall had a similar stage too. Team was going nowhere and he might have been looking for a way out. Irving is the best penetrator of the bunch. Like Lillard has hit a bunch of clutch shots. Gets up for a big matchup like Rose used to. Is easily one of the best one on one players in the game. I don't put too much stock in his superior play in the USA trials as it simple can mean he adapts quicker and can handle a different set of challenges better. Plus, he was more comfortable with the head coach and his expectations.

But I fully expect this to be in reverse order in a year or two.