Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Some Pau trade ideas

Two things first:
    1) Sorry if this is the wrong subforum for this
    2) I do NOT think the Lakers should trade Pau. Way too hard to get good value for you (as you will see from my trades)

Here we go! ... In no specific order.

Hawks
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=amhbv7r

Hawks have stated before that they won't trade Smith for Pau (don't remember where I read that), but maybe Horford? Looking at the Hawks roster, almost every single player is up after this year.. Horford as 4 years left. So IF Hawks want to get rid of salary, this trade would help.

Wolves
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c6yo7ml
    I actually like this one. Fills a lot of holes for the Lakers (shooting, PG, athleticism) and also makes sense for the Wolves.

Boston
    Trade restrictions won't allow this in the TM. Bass, Bradley, Green for Pau.
    Celtics are doing well without Bradley (a lot of guard depth), and Pau is significantly better than Green and Bass, neither of whom has a shot at an All-Star game... ever.

Detroit
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=afh3yxf
    One of the LEAST likely trades I"ll list. I don't see Detroit trading for Pau (in no position to win now), much less trading their most recent, promising draft pick for him. Lakers would have to sweeten the pot with a pick... but they don't have any available for a while. Again, not likely. At all.

Indiana
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ah2ydvj
    The trade would be Meeks, and not Clark. And again this trade is unlikely. But Meeks provides scoring/shooting punch that Indiana loses with Granger, and I don't think anyone would take offense to my saying Gasol is significantly better than West.

Bucks
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b5qshrb
    Take out Jennings/Moute, put in Ilyasova. Trade would make the Bucks players in the East this year, and next if they can sign/resign some key players.

Philadelphia
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akvpj7d
    Meeks, not Clark. I included Meeks because this trade takes away pretty much all of the 76ers shooters, and obviously that would never be accepted. As I said at the beginning, though, I don't see many of these trades being super viable anyway. But Bynum and Pau probably remember how to play together, and Turner and Holiday would be a solid back court to go with that front court.

Toronto
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bb69ar3
    I see ZERO reason for Toronto to acquire Gasol (with the exception of Detroit, I'm leaving out all of the no-chance-in-hell-of-contending teams)... but since all the rumors say that the Lakers really want Calderon, I felt obligated to include this.

Dallas
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cz5ceu2
    This trade has probably the least player value going back to the Lakers, so Dallas would have to throw in a first round pick (at least, maybe also a younger, low-salary player) to make it "work"

Denver
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bcb5wpd
    Also include Andre Miller and Steve Blake (anyone with basic Math skills can see that it would work), and this is one of my favorite fake trades.

Sacramento
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=amajz68
    Thompson, and not Evans. This is another team that at first glance wouldn't compete even with Pau, but to dig a little deeper and this team has so much talent. Adding a top-20 player just might be enough to "right the ship". In terms of talent, Lakers are getting back pennies (and giving up a dollar bill), but those pennies fit the system pretty well. But regardless, Sac-town could always throw in a protected first... Lottery protected first year, top 20 second year, unprotected third.

Utah
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6yub2x
    Bell was thrown in just to make salaries work, though I'm not sure Utah would "throw in" an expiring contract. Regardless, Millsap has a similar offensive skill set to Pau, so Lakers don't lose much in terms of front court shooting, and Hayward and Watson improve depth and shooting.

Default Re: Some Pau trade ideas

lakers arent gonna trade meeks unless they get significant value back for him.

he has been the most dantoni style player so far

Just as long as the Lakers get multiple players in a trade involving Pau Gasol, I'm cool with it.

College superstar

I like Meeks a lot. I was more excited for the Lakers to get him than I was for them to get Nash. This was all pre-D'Antoni, obviously, but I like Meeks as someone to learn from Kobe for the next couple years then take over the 20ppg scoring role from him.

Anyway, I didn't include him in any trades for scrubs, that's for sure, and his future ceiling is hardly written in stone.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    Just as long as the Lakers get multiple players in a trade involving Pau Gasol, I'm cool with it.
    My primary concerns were adding quality depth and shooting, while trying to keep in mind equivalent talent-value.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Gasol for Ilyasova and either Harris or Dunleavy

Why bucks do it: Ilyasova has been massively under performing under scott skiles inconsistent minutes. Harris is getting his minutes cut and is occasionally a DNP CD (he was a starter at the beginning of the season) So by adding gasol as the starting C next to Sanders, the bucks have a legit scoring option in the paint paired next to a shot blocking force in Sanders

Why the Lakers do it: Harris and Dunleavy particularly would look great in MDA's high octane system. I feel Ilyasova needs a change in scenery and consistent minutes at the starting 4. In la, he can potentially get that, and help spread the floor for dwight, as well as gobble up offensive and defensive rebounds.

always wanted harris when phil coached the team.

Most of them suck and trading Meeks is stupid. Philly would have made sense if not for Bynum already being there. It would have made sense to send Gasol to Philly (had Philly been interested) than to send Bynum. They have Hawes anyway.

Milwaukee and Indiana both seem plausible. West is the Pacers' best player right now but they're not very good right now and he's not a best player type. You send them Duhon because anyone is better than Augustin or you don't send anyone else. Don't send Meeks. Might not be enough for the Pacers but George gets to stay at SF and Gasol is better than West, no matter what so far this season has to say. He'd flourish there, I believe.

Toronto works, even if they're not willing to do it. Gasol has 3 years of quality left, for sure.

The rest of the trades are terrible.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Gasol for Ilyasova and either Harris or Dunleavy

Why bucks do it: Ilyasova has been massively under performing under scott skiles inconsistent minutes. Harris is getting his minutes cut and is occasionally a DNP CD (he was a starter at the beginning of the season) So by adding gasol as the starting C next to Sanders, the bucks have a legit scoring option in the paint paired next to a shot blocking force in Sanders

Why the Lakers do it: Harris and Dunleavy particularly would look great in MDA's high octane system. I feel Ilyasova needs a change in scenery and consistent minutes at the starting 4. In la, he can potentially get that, and help spread the floor for dwight, as well as gobble up offensive and defensive rebounds.
    Doesn't come close to working with salaries. But check out my Bucks proposal.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Most of them suck and trading Meeks is stupid.

The rest of the trades are terrible.
    1) I only traded Meeks away when the Lakers were receiving legit all-star talent; it is not like I was just including him as trash.

2) Terrible for whom? Lakers, or the receiving teams?

College superstar

Finally figured out a way to get the Lakers Chandler Parsons:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfur7gj

The Rockets would have to get two first round picks from Charlotte to make this work. I don't think Charlotte would ever do that, but I just really wanted to make a trade that got Parsons to the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    1) I only traded Meeks away when the Lakers were receiving legit all-star talent; it is not like I was just including him as trash.

2) Terrible for whom? Lakers, or the receiving teams?

I don't think it's worth trading Meeks. And most of those are just terrible all-around. Most of those trades do nothing for either side.

On the Houston trade above, I think you meant to say that Houston gets Gasol. I doubt they want to give up Parsons but he is one of the guys who the Lakers should (and I imagine do) really fawn over. He's everything they want at the 3. White to Charlotte, I like.

Oh my goodness. You must be a Lakers fan. The Lakers pull off highway robbery on every one of those trades.

Seriously...Gallo, Chandler and Miller for Pau and Blake?

Pek, Budinger, D-Will and Barea for Pau?

Bass, Bradley AND Green for Pau?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I don't think it's worth trading Meeks. And most of those are just terrible all-around. Most of those trades do nothing for either side.

On the Houston trade above, I think you meant to say that Houston gets Gasol. I doubt they want to give up Parsons but he is one of the guys who the Lakers should (and I imagine do) really fawn over. He's everything they want at the 3. White to Charlotte, I like.
    Houston CAN'T get Pau. Not enough salary to trade away, short of trading 75% of their roster. If they could take on Pau's contract, I would have done that.

The Hawks were willing to consider seriously a trade of Gasol for Josh and Marvin Williams, to get rid of Marvin's contract, but those talks never went anywhere and the Hawks sent Marvin to Utah for Devin Harris's expirer.

Now there is no reason to take on Pau's monster contract.

Anyway, I doubt Josh would be happy hanging out on the wing in MDA's system.

Maybe the Lakers can try to trade for Channing Frye to play that role.