Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Chef Curry or Wade all time?

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    curry's offensive impact shits all over wade's streaky offense.

wade's defense isn't enough to counteract curry's all time great, net impact.

it just isn't
    You do realize that 50% of the game is defense right? Wade is better at both sides of the game than Curry is. Curry is a better shooter, but what else is he better than Wade at? And I'm talking about prime Wade, not current

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

it just isn't
    Wade's streaky offense...wtf? He's a 25ppg+ scorer in his prime...how is that streaky?

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Prime Wade doe

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

wade shot 25 free throws game 5 of the 2006 finals

it just isn't
    How the hell is 28 ppg on 50%FG and 59%TS "streaky offense"? Here's a comparison of 2006 Wade and 2015 Curry's championship runs.

Wade: 28/6/6 on 59%TS, 2.2 spg, 1.1 bpg, 26.9 PER
    Curry: 28/6/5 on 61%TS, 1.9 spg, 0.1 bpg, 24.5 PER

Tell me again how Curry played at a level Wade could only dream of?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    How the hell is 28 ppg on 50%FG and 59%TS "streaky offense"? Here's a comparison of 2006 Wade and 2015 Curry's championship runs.

Box scores don't capture the full impact of Curry's offense. The attention Curry receives from so far out on the perimeter opens up everything for the rest of the team, giving a better offense than Wade's.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe

i'm talking about this season.

i feel that curry is on another level THIS year. look at their offensive and defensive splits (rapm).

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    You do realize that 50% of the game is defense right? Wade is better at both sides of the game than Curry is. Curry is a better shooter, but what else is he better than Wade at? And I'm talking about prime Wade, not current
    absolutely - and i also understand that wade's impact on defense isn't that of a centers, nor enough to tip the scale in his favor. curry's offense alone just destroys wade. and curry is no slouch on defense either, at least he wasn't last season.

people always talk about wade STILL being in his prime, and arguably the best player in 2011 - the guy was a net negative on defense. all the hoopla about his "all-around play" yet wade still couldn't match what curry has brought to the table.

click the hyperlinks. read them yourself. nothing remotely objective suggests wade is on curry's level.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Wade's streaky offense...wtf? He's a 25ppg+ scorer in his prime...how is that streaky?
    streaky compared to curry, who is a far better shooter (kobe was a better shooter than wade too) - along with the high volume and efficiency.

Banned

i feel that curry is on another level THIS year. look at their offensive and defensive splits (rapm).
    We'll have to wait for the year to end before making too much of it though, no? No doubt that Curry has been extremely impressive thus far but he has to maintain that for the rest of the year.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

So you're telling me that 25 games of Curry automatically vaults him past Wade at his best over an entire year? Come again at the end of the season, and if Curry is still performing the same then you are right

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    We'll have to wait for the year to end before making too much of it though, no? No doubt that Curry has been extremely impressive thus far but he has to maintain that for the rest of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    So you're telling me that 25 games of Curry automatically vaults him past Wade at his best over an entire year? Come again at the end of the season, and if Curry is still performing the same then you are right
    will do

bookmarked

Decent college freshman

A while ago a thread like this and the posts would piss me off but I've come to expect garbage from this shit site.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    wade shot 25 free throws game 5 of the 2006 finals

Jordan had a Playoff Game where he shot 28 Free Throws, 6 more than the opposing team. Kobe has a series where he shot 96 Free Throws

Curry has been amazing, but we're not even 1/3 through the season. Another thing I'll point out is that Curry has the luxury of a team that doesn't need him to be a lock down defender every night. Would Curry be putting up these kind of numbers if he had to be his team's top perimeter defender? Would he be as effective on offense if he was asked to defend the opposition's top perimeter player every night? Prime Wade had to carry his team's offense AND defense, especially in '09 and '10, and also in '06 to some degree. It's not just the gap in defensive play, it's the gap in defensive responsibility that must be considered.

Serious playground baller Donkey4trading's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Jordan had a Playoff Game where he shot 28 Free Throws, 6 more than the opposing team. Kobe has a series where he shot 96 Free Throws
    just curious, but what series was that