Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Brown on the Sixers: "I could straighten it out in five minutes"

better yet... lets fix this in 2 mins.

Hired Mike D as the coach. Trade Noel and Covington to Timberwolves for Rubio and Kevin Martin...

Run and gun with Rubio, Okafor....

NVM... they may never win a game again... LoL

Local High School Star

Default Re: Larry Brown on the Sixers: "I could straighten it out in five minutes"

OP, the Sixers are in a better position than most of these NBA teams with .500 records who either won't make the playoffs or make the playoffs and lose in the first round year after year after year with no end in sight.

I agree with what Philly is doing in that I believe you either try to compete for a championship or go into full tank mode so you can acquire the franchise caliber player(s) who can transform you into a contender. Bringing in a bunch of Amir Johnson, Wes Matthews, Nicolas Batum types just won't get the job done and you'll be a .500 team forever. I guess some people are cool with mediocrity year in and year out, but I'm not one of those people.
    Last edited by midatlantic09; 12-17-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Larry Brown couldn't do jack with this team. His NBA career is over (with good reason) and his opinion is of little value.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Brown
    I wish they’d get Allen [Iverson] involved. All those young kids worship him.”
    Respect to Larry Brown but he's pretty out of touch with this comment.

Iverson hasn't been relevant in almost 10 years. All those young kids mostly worship Durant, Kobe, and Curry.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx

Iverson hasn't been relevant in almost 10 years. All those young kids mostly worship Durant, Kobe, and Curry.
    Not to mention...why the hell would you want a guy who was basically banished from the league to mentor your young players? Iverson was pretty much sent packing because he couldn't change from being a selfish chuckler to a team player.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    better yet... lets fix this in 2 mins.

Hired Mike D as the coach. Trade Noel and Covington to Timberwolves for Rubio and Kevin Martin...

Run and gun with Rubio, Okafor....

NVM... they may never win a game again... LoL
    Lol if I'm Minny, I'd strongly consider that trade. That's absolutely reckless for Philly to do. Covington is better and younger than Martin, on a cheaper deal too.

I like Rubio as a PG, but NN is probably a better trade asset right now anyway. And he's cheaper the next 2 years.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    He wants AI to get involved with being a mentor for the young guys? That's essentially what he insinuated. That's not a good plan for those players.

Also, LB said that he had intel that Philly should/would take Mudiay. He's kinda out of touch.
    Well, he said that they had no veterans. And Iverson would be a better mentor than no mentor. He certainly would be a better mentor than Robert Covington, the oldest player on the team.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    OP, the Sixers are in a better position than most of these NBA teams with .500 records who either won't make the playoffs or make the playoffs and lose in the first round year after year after year with no end in sight.

I agree with what Philly is doing in that I believe you either try to compete for a championship or go into full tank mode so you can acquire the franchise caliber player(s) who can transform you into a contender. Bringing in a bunch of Amir Johnson, Wes Matthews, Nicolas Batum types just won't get the job done and you'll be a .500 team forever. I guess some people are cool with mediocrity year in and year out, but I'm not one of those people.
    I honestly don't think the Sixers will amount to anything anytime soon. Rack up all the young "studs" you want, they're building a losing culture and teaching all their players how to lose with nobody to learn from.

What pick is going to turn them into a contender? I'm not sure I see Lebron or Shaq walking through the door.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    I will never get over that draft.
    http://heylarryhughespleasestoptakin...ybadshots.com/

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Well, he said that they had no veterans. And Iverson would be a better mentor than no mentor. He certainly would be a better mentor than Robert Covington, the oldest player on the team.
    Well, Carl Landry is on the roster, but the fact that their 2nd and 3rd oldest players have less than 3 full years of NBA experience isn't ideal. Point taken, though.

I'd also argue that AI < no mentor. He's not the right guy to have around such a young, inexperienced team. Jason Richardson did a good job imo while he was rehabbing- he seemed engaged at least.

I don't think vet players necessarily help with off the court things, but they certainly give good perspective to teams during practice, shootarounds, and in-game situations. The sort of knowledge that you may get from a coach, but it may not resonate as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx

Iverson doesn't need to be relevant. And how can you say these kids worship Kobe and not Iverson? Makes no sense. What lacks even more sense is Curry being worshipped. By who on the Sixers? Or in the NBA? I'll wait. I'm not arguing Iverson would be a good mentor, but Brown comment isn't out of touch.