Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Things Kobe-haters say

this is an epic thread. It should be stickied and deserves 5 stars. This shit is so sad but true and they expect people to take their basketball opinions seriously.

You guys don't think Kobe might be a bit lucky? He has been on arguably the greatest NBA franchise his whole career, landed right onto Shaq's back who was one of the most dominant forces this league has ever seen. He had the greatest coach in the NBA history, then soon after Shaq leaves he is spoon fed Pau Gasol, one of the best bigs in the NBA, along with a prime Lamar Odom and loads of solid role players. Then he is gifted Dwight Howard and Steve Nash. It's a bit different than the situations of Lebron's career. Thats all I'm gonna say,

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    You guys don't think Kobe might be a bit lucky? He has been on arguably the greatest NBA franchise his whole career, landed right onto Shaq's back who was one of the most dominant forces this league has ever seen. He had the greatest coach in the NBA history, then soon after Shaq leaves he is spoon fed Pau Gasol, one of the best bigs in the NBA, along with a prime Lamar Odom and loads of solid role players. Then he is gifted Dwight Howard and Steve Nash. It's a bit different than the situations of Lebron's career. Thats all I'm gonna say,
    Why the f*ck are you bringing up Lebron, dang what does he have to do with this thread at all? YALL are the main ones always wanting to start a kobe/lebron fan war. Sad yall are threatened by a dude 34 years old, out of his prime. Sorry Kobe didn't play in a weak ass eastern conference where you only gotta play 1 50+ win team to get to the finals. Kobe never played any .500 teams to get in the playoffs.

Shaq was so dominant right? Then why didn't his dominant a$$ win something until Kobe became a full starter in the NBA?

Pau Gasol-no playoff wins till teamed up with kobe. have a seat.

Lamar Odom- Inconsistent, but he was a great big man.

Solid role players? Have another seat.

Dwight and Nash wanted to come play with KOBE. They both called Kobe and wanted to play with HIM. The fact that the Lakers organization feels they can still build a team around a 34 year old who's out of his prime says something doesn't it?

In 01, Kobe averaged 29/7/6 on .469% shooting in the playoffs. This past year Lebron averaged 30/9/5 on .500% shooting in the playoffs. Clearly not that far apart at all, yet Kobe was carried b/c he didn't win the FMVP. Not saying Kobe's playoff run was BETTER, just showing how hypocritical you're being.

But I know damn well, you don't consider Magic to be carried to 2 of his rings since he didn't win FMVP do ya? You don't consider Kareem to be carried to 4 of his rings? You don't consider Shaq and Duncan to be carried to their last rings do you?

Is Kobe lucky? Maybe, but not anymore than any other all time great. They've ALL had great players around them at some point in time and that's a fact. Only Kobe gets criticized for it. And yall wonder why his stans overrate him.
    Sit down.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    Why the f*ck are you bringing up Lebron, dang what does he have to do with this thread at all? YALL are the main ones always wanting to start a kobe/lebron fan war. Sad yall are threatened by a dude 34 years old, out of his prime. Sorry Kobe didn't play in a weak ass eastern conference where you only gotta play 1 50+ win team to get to the finals. Kobe never played any .500 teams to get in the playoffs.

Shaq was so dominant right? Then why didn't his dominant a$$ win something until Kobe became a full starter in the NBA?

Dwight and Nash wanted to come play with KOBE. They both called Kobe and wanted to play with HIM. The fact that the Lakers organization feels they can still build a team around a 34 year old who's out of his prime says something doesn't it?

In 01, Kobe averaged 29/7/6 on .469% shooting in the playoffs. This past year Lebron averaged 30/9/5 on .500% shooting in the playoffs. Clearly not that far apart at all, yet Kobe was carried b/c he didn't win the FMVP. Not saying Kobe's playoff run was BETTER, just showing how hypocritical you're being.

But I know damn well, you don't consider Magic to be carried to 2 of his rings since he didn't win FMVP do ya? You don't consider Kareem to be carried to 4 of his rings? You don't consider Shaq and Duncan to be carried to their last rings do you?

Is Kobe lucky? Maybe, but not anymore than any other all time great. They've ALL had great players around them at some point in time and that's a fact. Only Kobe gets criticized for it. And yall wonder why his stans overrate him.
    Sit down.
    Bravo sir, bravo!

Very good NBA starter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True he's an overrated chucker that wouldn't even make the playoffs without being carried by his all star teammates. I mean Kobe was lucky to ride the coattails of hall of famers like Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza and Andrew Bynum.

Am I doing it right?

Sit down.
    I was just making a comment. I don't want to start a Lebron vs, Kobe thing. I'm just saying that their situations aren't even comparable so it is stupid to compare them as players solely on the ring argument.

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True he's an overrated chucker that wouldn't even make the playoffs without being carried by his all star teammates. I mean Kobe was lucky to ride the coattails of hall of famers like Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza and Andrew Bynum.

Am I doing it right?
    so true Kobrick is an inefficient chucker who gets carried by everyone. Everyone on Kobe's team are HOFers, but Kobe's not because he's overrated and just lucky to ride their coattails. This dude wouldn't even survive in D-league as a 1st option on a team.

Sit down.

Dayummmmm

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Kobe isn't really any more lucky than any of the other all time top 10 players. Jordan, Magic, Bird, Russell, Shaq, and Kareem were all just as lucky as Kobe.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    so true Kobrick is an inefficient chucker who gets carried by everyone. Everyone on Kobe's team are HOFers, but Kobe's not because he's overrated and just lucky to ride their coattails. This dude wouldn't even survive in D-league as a 1st option on a team.
    I agree I don't even know how this guy made it to the NBA. He's obviously been blessed with the GOAT supporting casts to mask his horrible decision making, low basketball IQ and average athleticism. Kobe Bryant the most overrated chucker, ball hog in the NBA. He's not even top 1000 in my books.

College star

Sit down.
    This stan is

Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    I might have. But my main point is that Kobe is replaceable. J-Rich would average 30 ppg on 45% if you gave him 10,000 free throws. A lot of guards in the NBA would eat good if they got to the line that much in their career. I mean Kobe had a year with 819 free throws 819!!! Players like Wade and Kobe are always going to get calls that J-Rich will never dream of. J-Rich gets defended hard and refs look the other way. He is a nobody.
    GTFO with that BS.

This...this statement right here. Why do Kobe stans latch onto it like it actually proves something? Why? They put nothing into context, blatantly ignore every single circumstance Shaq was in from his rookie season through the 1998-1999 season, and think that him not winning a championship until Kobe became a starter and/or emerged proves something about Kobe's greatness.

I can live with all the other stuff but, this argument or whatever, no, just....no.
    Last edited by KG215; 08-22-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Sit down.
    Talk about "layin' the smackdown"

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Sit down.
    SHIIIIIZZZZ