Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast
    Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfro
    Just picked up a Vita along with Persona 4. Anyone got any other recommendations?
    Gravity Rush, Murumasa, Sound Shapes (cross buy).

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by clipse026
    Gravity Rush, Murumasa, Sound Shapes (cross buy).
    I forgot I had sound shapes already on my ps3, I'll have to redownload that. Probably gonna get the new Rayman game at some point too. Also, figures that I pick one up the day before Sony announces a newer model.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/09/n...-release-date/

Oh well, still a real slick system. Love how large the screen is.

In all my life I've mostly played sports games, yet I have never played every game of a season mode. I'm almost there in NHL 13, just have three more games then I'm into the playoffs having played every game

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    In all my life I've mostly played sports games, yet I have never played every game of a season mode. I'm almost there in NHL 13, just have three more games then I'm into the playoffs having played every game
    I do this too but I finally stuck with it on MLB '13 The Show. I've played every single game of 2 seasons on my Road to the Show player.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Payday 2, finally got a mask after like 5 games

NBA lottery pick

Just beat Persona 4 golden, took about 80 hours to do it. Now playing gravity rush as well as etrian odyssey untold for my 3ds.

Some bullshit, man..

I'm one trophy away from the Platinum trophy in NBA 2K13. Turns out it's the MyCareer gold trophy where I have to make my player a HoFer.
    I completed 9/10 requirements. Last one was just going to be making the All-Star team one more time and BOOM! I'd retire the career, get the trophy for it and be happy..
    But nope. No go. The f*cking game froze because I accepted a contract extension. I forgot all about that b.s problem! Now every time I try to play a game, the save file freezes!
    I had to restart this shit. Except now I'm cheating. 7'1" PF in a league full of 25 rated, 5'3" players. I'm dominating. Only problem is it'll be time consuming as f*ck to do 10 HoF requirements. Did 8 so far, but the only ones left are the very time consuming ones, so...

Yeah. Shit sucks.

Sorry for the long post. I can't vent about this to friends or family. They wouldn't understand. I'm sure someone here will, though.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I've been playing through a game I missed when it first came out, Alpha Protocol. The game mechanics (shooting and stealth) kinda suck but the story and progression through it is great. It's similar to Deus Ex but nowhere near as polished when it comes to the gameplay.

Also picked up a 3DS XL and trying to juggle a bunch of games for that. Nice little system.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I've been playing through a game I missed when it first came out, Alpha Protocol. The game mechanics (shooting and stealth) kinda suck but the story and progression through it is great. It's similar to Deus Ex but nowhere near as polished when it comes to the gameplay.

Also picked up a 3DS XL and trying to juggle a bunch of games for that. Nice little system.
    I played Alpha Protocol about 2 years ago and enjoyed it for what it was....and your description of it....an unpolished Deus Ex....I agree with. It had the makings of a great game.

NBA lottery pick

The Stanley Parable was a real cool game. Short, but had some real funny narration.

winter steam sales are on... and i actually have money :o

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    winter steam sales are on... and i actually have money :o
    Im so pissed because I missed Arkham Origins 50% off because I got stingy and I was expecting a better deal. I hope Christmas is good to me this year...

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Played through a bit of stuff over the last month.

Fable: The Lost Chapters(pc)- This might be a game I never go back to. I'm almost 2 hours in with a little of that being afk time. Everything I don't like about the game is largely a consequence of playing a game nearly 10 years after it was released. The choice of alignment Good v. Evil is something of a common rpg mechanic in rpg's over the last 10 years. Playing through this, it just feels like it gets in the way. With that said

The Bard's tale (ipad) - I've had a blast with this. It's really the same thing as Fable, but it picks up steam in the first 5-10 minutes. Playing on the ipad is a huge draw. I don't think it would hold my attention sitting at the pc. Reminds me a lot of Grotesque Tactics storywise.

Grid 2 (pc) - Fun. There's enough there in the campaign to keep me playing for months. The garage feels a tiny bit limited with the dlc, but I can't really complain since I paid ~$10 for this at the Holiday Sale. I haven't tried the online, yet. Only owned it a few days, and I still haven't won a race :oldlol

Europa IV - If you like strategy games and/or history, get this. Now. I'd describe it as heavily involved grand strategy. It's not nearly as accessible as civilization; plan on spending several hours in the game before you will have a good understanding and familiarize yourself with the interface. It's designed for hundreds, even thousands, of hours of gameplay.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

If anyone has time to kill, check out a few minutes of this. http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

Some of these are glitch runs (FO2) while others are time attacks. The commentary and discussion carries a higher level of interest for me than watching some youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    If anyone has time to kill, check out a few minutes of this. http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

Some of these are glitch runs (FO2) while others are time attacks. The commentary and discussion carries a higher level of interest for me than watching some youtube video.
    Wow 60k viewers already, speedrunning is really gaining popularity quickly. Always fun to see the crazy shit some of these guys can pull in games.

Check out the schedule here: http://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Anything in particular that must be seen intrinsic?