Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Hornets talks getting very serious with Warriors, Clippers and Celtics

Hornets motivation should be shedding salary and getting close to the #1 pick which could make for a super quick rebuild. They are absolutely going the other way. Pick up enough pieces to stay mediocre. And since no Paul, it's lower mediocre,not upper mediocre. I don't get it.

Default Re: Hornets talks getting very serious with Warriors, Clippers and Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Without EJ+DJ it's worth considering. Still a risk because what if 2012 pick is top 3?
    It's a very tough call.

However, the Clippers are the brink... if they can get Paul and put together a deep playoff run it changes the perception of the franchise almost instantly.

With Clips history I think you go for it.

CP3 strikes me as a player that is about winning rather than kicking it with his buddies so if we make 2nd round I think he re-signs.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    It's a very tough call.

However, the Clippers are the brink... if they can get Paul and put together a deep playoff run it changes the perception of the franchise almost instantly.

With Clips history I think you go for it.

CP3 strikes me as a player that is about winning rather than kicking it with his buddies so if we make 2nd round I think he re-signs.
    I agree. CP3 is arguably the most competitive player in the league right there with Kobe. Like you said... once he wins right away with Clippers and realizes we have a VERY likable, young group of guys who are a close knit team.. he may realize this is the place for him. We cannot afford to throw DJ+EJ in the mix though if he's a 1 year rental for now.

Was just reading BTW that CP3 will NOT sign an extension before trade even for Knicks. He wants to bank on one more fat contract at end of year. So basically these teams are risking A LOT trading for Paul. As a Clippers fan I hope we do not trade for CP3 now. 2012 Minny pick would essentially be locked into us for 5+ years. EJ and DJ can't go out for a non committed CP3!
    it's the CBA. i kept saying he won't sign extension and people thought i was trolling the clips, it's not them, it's the fact he'll need to create in essence a new 2 year contract instead of a 4. makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    it's the CBA. i kept saying he won't sign extension and people thought i was trolling the clips, it's not them, it's the fact he'll need to create in essence a new 2 year contract instead of a 4. makes no sense.
    Wonder what will happen. I'm thinking Warriors nab him because reports say they are way more desperate than Clips. The Clippers front office is confident that this group+2012 Minny pick+ plus a good SF like Caron Butler is enough to contend soon. I would have to agree. CP3 or no CP3 Clippers are in great shape.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

CP3 has given no indication he's gonna re-sign. At least with the Warriors he hasn't. Unless he does, I don't see the Warriors giving up Curry and Klay for one year with CP3. Curry has a bright future and Klay has the potential to be a cornerstone for this franchise along with Udoh.

I read a great suggestion tho. Without a extension guarantee, Warriors should demand dumping Biedrins into the trade that way they can save their amnesty for Lee, it they may choose to do so, which would give them cap room to make a run after some big marque names in 2012 FA like D-Will and Dwight.

Wonder what will happen. I'm thinking Warriors nab him because reports say they are way more desperate than Clips. The Clippers front office is confident that this group+2012 Minny pick+ plus a good SF like Caron Butler is enough to contend soon. I would have to agree. CP3 or no CP3 Clippers are in great shape.
    I don't see the need for the clips to send all their assets - i think he would resign with LA but i don't think it's a lock. It's not like the nets with Deron where they needed to make the trade as they were heading in the wrong direction. Clips are a good young team. They just need to make prudent decisions. Plus you never know what happens. Knicks got Melo a year later. Maybe Westbrook and Durant decide they hate each other. Maybe Lebron and Wade and CO self destruct and you can poach one of them. It sounds ridiculous but you just don't know. Losing that flexibility for CP3 and then possibly losing CP3 is not a road to take. That doesn't mean do't do it, they just need to think it through carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    CP3 has given no indication he's gonna re-sign. At least with the Warriors he hasn't. Unless he does, I don't see the Warriors giving up Curry and Klay for one year with CP3. Curry has a bright future and Klay has the potential to be a cornerstone for this franchise along with Udoh.

I read a great suggestion tho. Without a extension guarantee, Warriors should demand dumping Biedrins into the trade that way they can save their amnesty for Lee, it they may choose to do so, which would give them cap room to make a run after some big marque names in 2012 FA like D-Will and Dwight.
    It's definitely a high risk, high reward type situation for both Warriors and Clippers. Curry is a very valuable asset for you guys.. and our 2012 Minny pick is a serious trade chip/value. When we start including young, high upside players like Bledsoe and Aminu it becomes even more risky.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I don't see the need for the clips to send all their assets - i think he would resign with LA but i don't think it's a lock. It's not like the nets with Deron where they needed to make the trade as they were heading in the wrong direction. Clips are a good young team. They just need to make prudent decisions. Plus you never know what happens. Knicks got Melo a year later. Maybe Westbrook and Durant decide they hate each other. Maybe Lebron and Wade and CO self destruct and you can poach one of them. It sounds ridiculous but you just don't know. Losing that flexibility for CP3 and then possibly losing CP3 is not a road to take. That doesn't mean do't do it, they just need to think it through carefully.
    Yup. Clippers are at a fragile point. If they make 1-2 great moves they shoot into contender status. If they make 1-2 stupid moves.. it's back to the lottery for 10 years. They are in a make or break situation. Trade too much and have CP3 walk and you're set back 5 years.

Thing with the Warriors is they'd be crazy to give up significant assets for CP3... that team cannot contend with Monte/David Lee and CP3.

Monte and David Lee are like the sh:tty versions of Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin.

CP3 would never re-sign with them... at least with the Clippers they'd have a chance to go deep in the playoffs and he might after that.