Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: The Most OVERRATED player in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by DaPerceive
    Wade or Howard is.

And without either Wade or Bosh the Heat wouldn't sniff the NBA finals either. What is your point?
    Wade? Please, he had plenty of chances to be "alpha" dog of a new team and failed. He can't create like Lebron, doesn't have his size and even shooting ability...the only thing he can do is slash and score on his drives to the basket. He's simply a limited player.

Howard would be in conversation IF only he had a bit more competitive nature in him and played hard all the time. To me it looks like he's doofing most of the time on court and you simply can't win at this level if you are just a big immature child in grown man's body.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Right now? Probably Rose. I think he had more votes to enter the NBA defense team than Artest and Wade? And there are mags that put him as top 3 in the league I believe.

Kobe is overrated too still. There are several people who don't put Wade over him as the best SG even though Wade had the better season and playoff run. And Kobe didn't do so well againt Dallas. And Kobe got on the first defense team instead of Tony Allen.

Dirk was getting overrated when some ppl in the media called him a top 10 player NBA player ever.

Learning to shoot layups AirRaptor's Avatar

Wow, I don't think Amar'e has been mentioned yet; surprising, because he doesn't rebound OR defend...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Chris Paul.

People act like its 2008. Guy is not someone you wanna go to battle with as your leader.
    I agree. Chris Paul and LeBron are the most overrated. Especially when people still consider Chris Paul a top 5 player.

Learning to shoot layups AirRaptor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Kobe is overrated too still. There are several people who don't put Wade over him as the best SG even though Wade had the better season and playoff run. And Kobe didn't do so well againt Dallas. And Kobe got on the first defense team instead of Tony Allen.
    YES, so true! Kobe got named to the all-defensive 1st team based on his rep, even though he was coasting on defense for the whole season to protect his creaky knees! BTW I would have put Wade on the 1st team defense ahead of Allen.

Dirk was getting overrated when some ppl in the media called him a top 10 player NBA player ever.
    Yeah, I was shaking my head at that

Best of Both Worlds Dwyane Rose's Avatar

Some of you might not like this, but Dwight Howard.

People debate who's better, him or Shaq. It's not even close. Helps Howard's case that there's no other great center in the league.

Rookie Shaq > Prime Howard

Doesn't mean Dwight Howard isn't a top 5 player, but those who rate him above Shaq are crazy.

Serious playground baller RobertdeMeijer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GilZero
    One of the worst posts in this thread.

My most overrated player?

Kevin Love, no contest really.
    In that case let me explain:
    Carmelo Anthony gets a lot of hype, but I have yet to see him improve a team. Yes, Denver did get better when he joined them, but they also received Marcus Camby and Andre Miller, later Chauncey Billups. When he left, they got better (although I think many agree it was a lopsided trade). The Knicks didn't get better with him either.
    Looking at his stats, it makes sense: he shoots too many 3-pointers (although he seems to be hitting them in D'Antoni's system) and he makes his fair share of turnovers. I often hear how he's an elite scorer, but scoring 25 points a game on 30%+ usage is nothing to write home about. Offensively, he's good, but not great.
    And then there's his defense, which is just really bad. We all know this, but it's not a popular thing to put emphasis on.

Rondo. Dude is in the NBA and can't hit a 15 footer. Seriously, when teams just leave you wide open...you suck.

He's pretty solid on defense though, but it's laughable how people consider him a top 5 pg in the league. He's a good one dimensional player on a good team.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    LeBron James is easily the most overrated in the league. And the way it's been looking, he might end up being the most overrated player in NBA history when he retires.
    Youre joking right. Hes not beating his father, oscar robertson.

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    Rondo. Dude is in the NBA and can't hit a 15 footer. Seriously, when teams just leave you wide open...you suck.

He's pretty solid on defense though, but it's laughable how people consider him a top 5 pg in the league. He's a good one dimensional player on a good team.
    Rondo's midrange isn't the problem at least not in perspective to his lack of finishing ability in traffic and overall lack of scoring moves in. If anything though Rondo is underrated because he get very little credit. Even the things he has always done well are ignored because of the perceived supporting cast around him.

Right now? Probably Rose. I think he had more votes to enter the NBA defense team than Artest and Wade? And there are mags that put him as top 3 in the league I believe.
    Yes. He did have more all-defensive team votes than Wade. I was like " these accolades have completely lost their value".
    Yes. He always has been. Him being on the All-Nba and All-defensive first team is a joke. Wade UNDOUBTEDLY had the better season yet he was placed in the 2nd team.
    Obvious. It was Carlisle who said that.