Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default The Most OVERRATED player in the NBA

I saw this poll on the front page of Insidehoops, and decided to create a thread on it. Anyway, who do you guys think is the most overrated?

I think it's Derrick Rose.

So many people have him in the top 10 just after one season. . The dude had a stacked team, and even though Booz and Noah were injured at times, he still had a sick defensive team and everyone contributed. It's not like he HAD to go out every night and score 30 for them to win.

Default Re: The Most OVERRATED player in the NBA

Funny...I thought it was more of the other way around. If Rose didnt play the way he did during the season, the Bulls were nothing.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    Funny...I thought it was more of the other way around. If Rose didnt play the way he did during the season, the Bulls were nothing.
    So your telling me that it was only Rose that basically got the Bulls to the next level? The coach, or the bench didn't have anything to do with it?

He is there only consistent offensive force
    and talking about stacked teams

Definitely Lebron. He's the definition of empty stats.

brian scalebrine. i keep hearing about this guy breaking ankles and defenders fearing him, but he hardly ever plays. i want to see highlight reel before i judge but i never understood why people went crazy over him. maybe he's the next bron or kobe, but i'm just gonna wait

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    So your telling me that it was only Rose that basically got the Bulls to the next level? The coach, or the bench didn't have anything to do with it?
    pretty much...sure the coach and bench had factors, but Rose was the reason they were on the 'next level'

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Definitely Lebron. He's the definition of empty stats.
    More like definition of making 66wins team out of 20wins team. Such an empty stats right ?...

Banned

I'd say it's the older stars. Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, etc. These guys can still produce but not the way they used to. Most of their homers have a hard time accepting that and continue to ranke them amongst the next generation superstars like Bron, Durant and Howard, while they can no longer compete with them.

Chris Paul

his reputation is living off of past seasons and a good playoff run.

hes 8th at best imo in the league, and rose is a better pg.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    More like definition of making 66wins team out of 20wins team. Such an empty stats right ?...
    Don't tell me you're a LeBron fan.
    Tu quoque, a Lithuanian, the son of a land where basketball fundamentals are divinities, where the purity of technique, the delicacies of ball movement, the sheer beauty of the shot, shine bright in the heart of basketball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    I'd say it's the older stars. Duncan, Kobe, Garnett, etc. These guys can still produce but not the way they used to. Most of their homers have a hard time accepting that and continue to ranke them amongst the next generation superstars like Bron, Durant and Howard, while they can no longer compete with them.
    i can see this, esp duncan. sorry, he just didn't deserve an all-star bid last season and his team's record wasn't an excuse. go ahead and throw carter in there since people think he can just return to 08-09 form the drop of a hat. he's not a 20 pt scorer anymore and his defense hurts you more than what he can give on offense. not to mention his poor FT shooting and clutch play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    but it's so hard to let them go

Kobe...nuff said

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I saw this poll on the front page of Insidehoops, and decided to create a thread on it. Anyway, who do you guys think is the most overrated?

I think it's Derrick Rose.

So many people have him in the top 10 just after one season. . The dude had a stacked team, and even though Booz and Noah were injured at times, he still had a sick defensive team and everyone contributed. It's not like he HAD to go out every night and score 30 for them to win.
    LMAO...... thats your Idea of a stacked team?