Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
Millennium X
Decent playground baller

Millennium X is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMillennium X is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Derrick Rose's brother rips Bulls management

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...-factor-return

Quote:
CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose's brother and manager Reggie Rose said Thursday that the franchise hasn't put enough quality players around the Chicago Bulls star to win a championship and that could be a "big factor" in whether he returns this season from a knee injury.

Reggie Rose said he was speaking for himself and not his brother.

"What have you pieced together? Have you made any moves? Have you made any trades to get better? You know all roads to the championship lead through Miami," Reggie Rose told ESPNChicago.com. "What pieces have you put together for the physical playoffs?

"Joakim Noah is a great player. Luol Deng is a great player. But you need more than that. You have to put together pieces to your main piece. The players can only do so much. It's up to the organization to make them better."

The Bulls stood pat at Thursday's trade deadline.

"It's frustrating to see my brother play his heart and soul out for the team and them not put anything around him," Reggie Rose said.

Pulling off a trade would have been complicated for the Bulls, who are hard capped at $74 million in payroll this season.

"In order for us to do something we're not in a position to take on any real salary, so we're kind of limited in what we can do," Bulls vice president John Paxson said last month on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "I think our team has grown. It's not always pretty. Let's face it, we've had some ugly games this year, and that's kind of who we are right now. But we do grind it out and play hard.

More at the link.
Millennium X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Derrick Rose's brother rips Bulls management

This is a molehill.

Who wants to make a mountain out of it?
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #3
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Don't think it's a major issue unless Derrick shares the same opinion which I don't think he does but I guess there's a chance he feels the same way. I didn't expect much, but I thought maybe we'd at least try to add a shooter to help spread the floor for Derrick since I'm banking on him returning and were such a poor three point shooting team. I see Morrow and Reddick were traded and I feel we should have tried to acquire one or the other. We'll have to wait and see. Boozer has been good this year but his contract is still limiting us and as much as I like Deng and Noah they're still slightly overpaid. We need DRose to come back and be himself. And we need to draft wisely
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #4
barnett114
I airball my layups

barnett114 has an OK reputation so far

That is something he should have kept private.
barnett114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The thing is that he's Derrick's brother and manager, so anything he says about the organization can be and will be taken as Derrick's opinion, so if he doesn't want to portray it as such, it will be, and Derrick has to know that.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

After the season I feel this will be revisited and may turn into an issue again. If people believe that Derrick somewhat has these same feelings I don't see how management/ownership goes another offseason without making significant moves or changes.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: