Default Pippen: International/Euroleague players simpler, U.S. players more athletic

http://exnba.com/articles-news/pippe...more-athletic/

"I think international players are much more simple basketball players, whereas American players, we are more athletic basketball players."

Weird, I thought Euroleague players were quicker and more athletic than NBA players COMBINED?

Also, good to see 50 year old Pippen still able to play against European pro's over there long after that ship sailed as far as the U.S. is concerned. Hopefully he went easy on them.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 07-16-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Pippen: International/Euroleague players simpler, U.S. players more athletic

The hell you believe they were better than American players?

You didn't need to hear it from Pippen.

Default Re: Pippen: International/Euroleague players simpler, U.S. players more athletic

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

The hell you believe they were better than American players?

You didn't need to hear it from Pippen.
    racism. reported to abuse.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

there's always exceptions,
    vspan is not only more athletic than any nba player in history
    but more skilled

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    there's always exceptions,
    vspan is not only more athletic than any nba player in history
    but more skilled
    if only van gundy hadn't forced him to play terrible. we got robbed of the best player on the planets prime.

Vspan had the potential to be the GOAT. He was supposed to be Jordan and Nash combined. Too bad that racist JVG ruined his career.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

False..Vspan is more athletic that Rose and Westbrook combined

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

bait for Euroleague?

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

OP's logic: Everything Scottie Pippen says is true

Not surprising that he also believes Wilt slept with 20,000 women and killed a mountain lion with barehands

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

"I think international players are much more simple basketball players, whereas American players, we are more athletic basketball players."
    Poor Pippen, felt obliged to answer a question he clearly has no idea about.

I'm not going to bait into your clear agenda towards Euroleague, but if anything, Euro ball is much more complex because every possesion involves a play or two, and none of them is "ISO".

There are even off the balls screens to get players in a good position to pass the ball.

NBA All-star

in the medals round, most likely.

they'll still see teams that tries to play on athleticism in group play

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB

I'm not going to bait into your clear agenda towards Euroleague, but if anything, Euro ball is much more complex because every possesion involves a play or two, and none of them is "ISO".

There are even off the balls screens to get players in a good position to pass the ball.
    In fairness, this is absolutely true. And the Spurs used Euro style ball to win the NBA World Championship just a month ago.

But to answer the OP, no, Euro players are far more athletic and better in basketball than Americans. This is a fact, and if you don't believe this, you're IQ is below 65.

This threads are getting boring.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

Weird, I thought Euroleague players were quicker and more athletic than NBA players COMBINED?

Also, good to see 50 year old Pippen still able to play against European pro's over there long after that ship sailed as far as the U.S. is concerned. Hopefully he went easy on them.
    I don't want to sound mean but Pippen probably doesn't understand the meaning of the world "simple".

Not his problem though, still made a fortune playing tough defence!

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB

Eye openers: Some commenters on youtube who doubted the Cavs could master maccabi's plays and "coach nick" agreeing and saying it could take a while

and also Messina, a joke of a coach, who got sacked by cska and then gets hired by the spurs and is groomed as the possible next head coach with Pop himself saying "he does some things better than us". Messina!

It really makes me think that the Spurs looked so good only because they were playing against basically u20 teams, at least in terms of bb iq.