Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Teams that have one titles will have Gold tabs on thier jerseys....

Honestly, they should do this for PLAYERS with championships. I mean, Derrick Rose will have the champion tab but LeBron won't?

I hit on 5-footers

They wanted to copy soccer and their national team jerseys 'HEY, GREAT IDEA...'

Then they thought of Lakers and Celtics 'FVCK!!!' and someone came up with this BS idea, probably Adam Silver... or the moron in Adidas that designs Derrick Rose shoes

Banned

thats a horrible eye sore for any team not named

lakers, pacers, warriors or cavs

That's ugly.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Honestly, they should do this for PLAYERS with championships. I mean, Derrick Rose will have the champion tab but LeBron won't?
    Seriously? Some people need to realize the NBA exists outside of internet msgboards where it's only about individual players legacies. LeBron James and Rose won't be around in 15 years, Chicago and Cleveland will. NBA is still a team sport and championships are team accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    thats a horrible eye sore for any team not named

lakers, pacers, warriors or cavs

LOL Very true....

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Seriously? Some people need to realize the NBA exists outside of internet msgboards where it's only about individual players legacies. LeBron James and Rose won't be around in 15 years, Chicago and Cleveland will. NBA is still a team sport and championships are team accomplishments.
    Yeah it is about the legacy of the Franchises....

So teams like the Blazers and Warriors who won in the 70's will have them.

So teams that won't.....

Pacers
    OKC
    Nets
    Hornets
    Clippers
    Pelicans
    Kings (Have they won?)
    Jazz
    Magic
    Nuggets

Did I leave anybody out?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Wtf. Terrible idea.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

They should make a different gold tab for each amount of titles like Call of Duty prestige.

Banned

Don't like this. They should either only reward the current champions, or do what this guy said

They need to do some kind of star series like the Bundesliga. That would be way cooler than this.. which isn't at all cool.

1 Championship = 1 Star
    3 Championships = 2 Stars
    5 Championships = 3 Stars
    10 Championships = 4 Stars
    20 Championships = 5 stars

They could put the Stars around either a tiny team logo or the NBA logo
    Edit: The Lakers could look something like this

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Don't like this. They should either only reward the current champions, or do what this guy said
    I like the idea with the 1-5 stars around the logo someone tweet that to NBA.

Local High School Star

This is dumb. At most they should provide the gold tab for teams that won the championship the year before.

Banned

Lebron back to zero rings.

Learning to shoot layups

This works for international soccer to some degree because playing for your country has a certain pride to it. Every player that pulls on a Brazil jersey (maybe a bad example after this WC lol!) will see the 5 stars and that can be really meaningful in regards to national pride and all that. But for clubs it just doesn't have the same impact I feel like. Especially with the draft system rather then European academy systems where players have often been there since they were 6 years old.

Good High School Starter

If you thought it was stupid before - there's this: I read that the Kings will have the tab as "they" won as the Rochester Royals.

If this is true it's just silly.