Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jerry Buss get blamed when Phil left, Shaq left, Kobe kept losin playoffs?

the OP started out on a great point to try and claim some justice for Jim Buss. But emotions got the better of OP and his true intentions came about so frantically and the post turned into a Kobe-bashing thread instead.

NBA Legend

Default Re: Jerry Buss get blamed when Phil left, Shaq left, Kobe kept losin playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    the OP started out on a great point to try and claim some justice for Jim Buss. But emotions got the better of OP and his true intentions came about so frantically and the post turned into a Kobe-bashing thread instead.

No, never. I love teh Kobe Brian. I would never bash. Quite the opposite in fact. I would totally smash.

Kobe 4 lyef

He hired DAntoni at KOBES behest

Jim hired Mike D after Doc's blessing. Doc made that call.

"Before the Los Angeles Lakers decided to go with Mike D’Antoni as the new head coach of the team, Dr. Jerry Buss was consulted on the decision while in the hospital. Buss absorbed all the information, and the Phil Jackson possibility, but ultimately decided D’Antoni was the right man for the job.

Jim Buss spoke with ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne about a number of different topics recently and explained his father’s desire to go with D’Antoni rather than Jackson:

“We did the coaching search and interviews and fed him all the information,” Buss said. “And he said, ‘This is who I want. D’Antoni’s the man.’ Knowing that in the future we had to rebuild, he felt that Phil was not a guy to rebuild. It’s not fair to him. It was actually more of a respectful thought towards Phil.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/dr-jerry...nt/2013/09/11/

NBA Legend

[QUOTE=Hey Yo].

Jim hired Mike D after Doc's blessing. Doc made that call.

"Before the Los Angeles Lakers decided to go with Mike D