NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Under Armour Micro G ClutchFit Drive (stephen curry's world cup game shoes)

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...hoe/pid1246931

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxKDfuLAgw (performance review)

often times times when im good and stoned, i fall victim to the impulse buy. these shoes fell into that category. for about a year and a half, ive exclusively worn ektio breakaways when it came to playing basketball(chronic weak ankles). but recently, ive been looking at different basketball shoes in order to keep it fresh, but still wanted something that i can rely on for ankle support

always being intrigued by under armour, seeing as the king of glass ankles, steph curry, signed with them a while back, i decided to check their website to see if he had anything new coming out. coincidentally enough, these shoes were on their main page with a teaser video of steph wearing them.

being pretty high at the time, i looked up whatever info was available on the shoes and found a 'kicksoncourt' review that had plenty of good things to say, sans the ventillation issue

so i ended up grabbing a pair last night at the only finish line in the area that was carrying them. they feel and look great. the cluthfit really contours to your foot. how are they on the court? i couldnt tell you. and probably cant for a week as im coming off a recent roll this past weekend and will be about of town for a week in the coming days. but once i do put them on the hardwood, ill definitely let you know how they are, for all those interested.

this is my first pair of UA shoes. but i was always intrigued by the anatomix spawn (another shoe worn by steph)

Default Re: Under Armour Micro G ClutchFit Drive (stephen curry's world cup game shoes)

I keep reading that the lows perform as good as the Kobe 8's.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

Default Re: Under Armour Micro G ClutchFit Drive (stephen curry's world cup game shoes)

I've been thinking about giving UA a try. However most of their sneakers look a bit funny imo. And right now I'm really satisfied with my Jordan Super Fly 2s so there's no need to change my shoes at the moment. But let us know how they perform on court!

Got these as a random gift from a friend. Haven't hooped in them yet but will soon. What are your guys thoughts on these?

Banned

UA is coming up, next great shoe brand. They look sick

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    I keep reading that the lows perform as good as the Kobe 8's.
    Do they have Curry's in lows? The CF Drives look good in lows but I can't seem to find many colorways.

These shoes are dope. Did not expect them to be this good. One of the most well rounded shoes I've ever played in. These are up there with the Kobes and Lebrons imho. And they're only 125. The only shoe I would clearly take over this is the XX9.

The only problem I have is the ventilation, your foot can get hot at times. That doesn't bother me so it's a non-issue. Aside from that literally everything else is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    These shoes are dope. Did not expect them to be this good. One of the most well rounded shoes I've ever played in. These are up there with the Kobes and Lebrons imho. And they're only 125. The only shoe I would clearly take over this is the XX9.

The only problem I have is the ventilation, your foot can get hot at times. That doesn't bother me so it's a non-issue. Aside from that literally everything else is great.
    Are you hooping in them or for casual wear? The lows or highs?

I take it you're one of the Nike to UA converts for basketball shoes now, bro?

I've noticed a lot of them this year at the gym playing ball converting to UA. I don't know if it's because a perceived better quality, and price point issue compared to Nike. Or if it's this whole Steph Curry trend ...

I tried the Anatomix Low 2, and I thought they were awkward. Wasn't a fan of the Micro-G cushioning either. Returned them.

Went with the Nike HyperRev 2015. Excellent low to mid shoe. Flexible, breathable, and the first shoe in awhile that has TRUE Nike Zoom cushioning. Not the cheaper foams, or small zoom air bags. Very cushioned, with great energy return.

Just picked up a pair of these, can't wait to try them out Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Are you hooping in them or for casual wear? The lows or highs?

I take it you're one of the Nike to UA converts for basketball shoes now, bro?

I've noticed a lot of them this year at the gym playing ball converting to UA. I don't know if it's because a perceived better quality, and price point issue compared to Nike. Or if it's this whole Steph Curry trend ...

I tried the Anatomix Low 2, and I thought they were awkward. Wasn't a fan of the Micro-G cushioning either. Returned them.

Went with the Nike HyperRev 2015. Excellent low to mid shoe. Flexible, breathable, and the first shoe in awhile that has TRUE Nike Zoom cushioning. Not the cheaper foams, or small zoom air bags. Very cushioned, with great energy return.
    I hoop in the highs. And nah it's not a Steph thing or any hype thing, I got them as a gift and just genuinely like them a lot. I wouldn't call myself a UA convert just yet, gonna see how these hold up and how I like them over time. Still going good.

Not saying they're better than the Kobe 10s or Lebron 12s but they're definitely in the same conversation imho.

I've heard weird things about the A. Spawn too, but they do seem to be different than the CFDs. The CFDs are much more accurately built around your foot and the clutch fit skin really does work well to mold around your foot movements. Just a more well built and refined shoe overall. And I've had ankle issues before so the high top, heel counter and sock cushion inside gives me awesome support. It's different from the Kobe 9 highs where I thought it was kind of in the way and preferred the lows, the ankle support on the CFD is sick. Also the traction isn't as good as the Kobes but it's not that far off. Rely on quickness and sudden movements a lot, needed a shoe that just feels like another layer of skin but doesn't compromise in any cushioning, support, etc area, and it does that really well.

Again my only real issue is that there isn't great ventilation on it but that doesn't bother me that much.

Can't knock the Hyperrevs though, especially if you're going from the Spawns. Definitely a significant upgrade. I'm liking the Micro G on the CFD but I get you liking Zoom more. Might have to check them out next time.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 04-28-2015 at 03:19 AM.

Ordered the anatomix spawn 2...

will update when they arrive and I hoop in them. Got them for only 70 bucks.... why not.

Usually a low-top guy so we'll see how well I transition into the high-top game.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
    Just picked up a pair of these, can't wait to try them out Saturday

How are they?

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    How are they?

So far I've only shot around in them but I'll post more after I play tomorrow. My impressions so far are really good though. They fit really good and do move with my feet but I've been battling a groin injury for a few weeks and plantar facitas for over a year so my movements aren't exactly quick anymore. Cushioning seems good and will probably get better and traction is okay but from I've read that will get better too

*edit*

Shot around in them today and the traction must have broken in because they were really grippy
    Last edited by 01amberfirewv; 05-01-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Played Saturday and I really liked the shoe. It had a really nice fit as advertised. The Micro-G worked well IMO and the cushioning felt similar to the zoom/lunar system in the CP3's I've been playing in. The CP3's took a long time to break in though and the CFD's felt good with very little break in. The toe box is pretty roomy which is also a big plus. I've had plantar-factitious for about a year and my foot felt as good as it has in a long time. I also have a pulled groin so I'm not moving very quick or jumping much but I'm confident that won't be a problem in these

Another update, after playing in these a few times the only thing I would change would be adding some type of shank or something for more support. As I said I have plantar fasciitis and my foot did get a little sore after playing for about 1 1/2 hours but I think that will get better as the foam conforms to my foot. They do play very much like my Kobe 8's which is a very good thing.