Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Everyone has lost their mind on Lebron...

Lebron is BY FAR the best player in the NBA. But let's be real here...he hasn't done enough to unseat MJ. HE STILL HAS HALF HIS CAREER TO GO. Can we wait and watch him do it? He's won ONE title. ONE. Not five.

Because he's beasting and because ESPN has decided this is LEBRON IS BETTER THAN MJ Week (i'm a bit ashamed at some of you jumping on the ESPN bandwagon, that's lame X 100) the season will not be cancelled, and the title will not be handed over on February.

Perspective people. Yes, i also fully expect Lebron to be standing there come June. But i've seen bigger favorites flame out. Chill for a bit. Enjoy the ride, stop trying to say it's over.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Everyone has lost their mind on Lebron...

I have seen 0 people suggest he is better than Jordan. He's on his level currently is all I've heard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I try to stay away from bspn as much as I can lately. I use si.com much more often. It's not the constant Lebron jizzfest that bspn has become.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    I have seen 0 people suggest he is better than Jordan. He's on his level currently is all I've heard.
    This. When people say he's currently playing at the level of MJ doesn't mean he's better than MJ, everyone knows MJ is better easily career wise.

People are admiring his current talent, rings and stuff like that doesn't take away from the fact that Lebron is playing the way he is right now.

I don't understand why people need to bring in the ring argument when discussing players. We're talking about their talent and their game, not their achievements as a team. Obviously Lebron is no way better than Jordan career wise but he's playing on that same level right now. Duncan has more rings and better achievements but he's not a better player than Lebron.

Local High School Star

putting empty stats on most stacked team of all time. lebrick really knows how to fool all of you stat geeks into thinking he's the best ever when in reality he's not even the best today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    People are admiring his current talent, rings and stuff like that doesn't take away from the fact that Lebron is playing the way he is right now.

I don't understand why people need to bring in the ring argument when discussing players. We're talking about their talent and their game, not their achievements as a team. Obviously Lebron is no way better than Jordan career wise but he's playing on that same level right now. Duncan has more rings and better achievements but he's not a better player than Lebron.
    Because Jordan is Jordan because of his impact and his play OVER TIME. Not for a moment in time. Legends are made over time, not in a second.

And this thought that no one is comparing MJ to Lebron is stupid, we have several threads on the board's first page. Are you kidding?

I'm not even saying he can't get to that level, i'm saying i don't get the need to say it's over. The season is over, Lebron won the title. He is the best ever, like his career is done. ITS NOT DONE.

Let the man work and admire it as he goes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Because Jordan is Jordan because of his impact and his play OVER TIME. Not for a moment in time. Legends are made over time, not in a second.

And this thought that no one is comparing MJ to Lebron is stupid, we have several threads on the board's first page. Are you kidding?

I'm not even saying he can't get to that level, i'm saying i don't get the need to say it's over. The season is over, Lebron won the title. He is the best ever, like his career is done. ITS NOT DONE.

He certainly running away with the MVP and they are certainly favorites to win it all.

rings?

I see what you are saying and I feel the same way. I don't see him as good career wise than Kobe, Magic or Bird. He still has ways to go but he needs time. He still young and has a good 6 years (approximately could be longer or shorter depending how he develops injuries etc...) to get it.
    Last edited by Bandito; 02-15-2013 at 10:46 AM.

I agree with you. But I see no problem in people admiring his talent, the level he's playing at right now and how dominant he is.

Banned

Also I only see one thread you're referring to and it's "LeBron is on MJ Level agree?" which doesn't mean he's better than mj, or come close career wise.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

We will never know they didn't play at the same time nor against each other, Jordan in most minds will be thought of as better (rightfully so) but I don't get why they compare two people from two different generations.

Its all about who is the best now and in the future, the past is the past and thats that.Comparing one generation to another is just dumb to many variables.

It's like in boxing everyone says Ali is the best HW ever, well did he fight Tyson or Lennox Lewis and every single great HW thats ever lived? No so its all hypothetical bs
    Last edited by andremiller07; 02-15-2013 at 11:05 AM.

I agree with you. But I see no problem in people admiring his talent, the level he's playing at right now and how dominant he is.
    That's not the problem here. Is that people in ESPN and here are saying he's on a level above Jordan when he hasn't prove he is. He has to prove himself in the playoffs yet again to be considered to be on his tier. Magic, Bird and heck even Kobe has proven that. I am pretty sure by the end of this season if he wins it all or depending how he loses in the finals (I won't consider playoffs because I don't anyone from the east beating them) he probably would be on the same tier as Kobe, Magic or Bird.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

A lot of mad men in this thread

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

There's a difference between saying LeBron is better all-time and saying he's playing on the level of MJ right now. For example, I rank Kobe higher all-time, but right now LeBron is better than Kobe has ever been.