Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Default Re: Russel Westbrook is a one of a kind

Yet Durant is still ringless.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodmantheman
    Yet Durant is still ringless.
    Would have clearly won it all in 2013 without Westbrook going down.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Lmao, this post just reminded me of one game where Westbrook was murdering Lillard in the post like three, to four times in a row, and then Portland had to call a timeout and Westbrook looked at Stotts and said "tell him don't get scared."

Shit was classic.
    Didn't Portland win that game? Westbrook only cares about scoring. He also gets rewarded for running into players and Lillard is too valuable to pick up cheap fouls. Next play Matthews swatted the sh*t out of his shot. Westbrook gets destroyed by Lillard when the game is on the line. It's simple.

Clutch gene Lillard>>Westbrook's fight or flight chemical reaction in his brain during pressure situations.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Didn't Portland win that game? Westbrook only cares about scoring. He also gets rewarded for running into players and Lillard is too valuable to pick up cheap fouls. Next play Matthews swatted the sh*t out of his shot. Westbrook gets destroyed by Lillard when the game is on the line. It's simple.

Clutch gene Lillard>>Westbrook's fight or flight chemical reaction in his brain during pressure situations.
    ...The f*ck are you talking about? Westbrook OWNS Lillard and always has.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=lillada01

Yet keep talking about Westbrook having a small brain (the same Westbrook who got full ride offers from colleges like Stanford, strictly based on academics) and all of that dumbass Skip Bayless esque bullshit, it's amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    ...The f*ck are you talking about? Westbrook OWNS Lillard and always has.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=lillada01

Yet keep talking about Westbrook having a small brain (the same Westbrook who got full ride offers from colleges like Stanford, strictly based on academics) and all of that dumbass Skip Bayless esque bullshit, it's amusing.

Westbrook is taking 6 more shots a game in 4 fewer minutes than Lillard

Of course a chucker is gonna put up those numbers. Last game he took 26 shots to Lillard's 10. Portland's game plan against OKC has always been to destroy them in the paint.

NBA Superstar

Westbrook is taking 6 more shots a game in 4 fewer minutes than Lillard

Of course a chucker is gonna put up those numbers.
    Also averaging twice as many points as Lillard in 4 fewer minutes a game. Lol @ you blatantly ignoring Lillard straight chucking up 3 pointers in the matchup though; in 6 meetings between them he averages 7 three point attempts a game on 30% shooting

Keep pulling out tired cliches about Westbrook, shit is comical at this point.
    Last edited by russwest0; 12-16-2014 at 01:29 AM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMax

NBA lottery pick

I love Lillard, but Westbrook has the clutch gene bro. The most fearless mofo in the game today.

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    I said 2010/11 versions (pre injury)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=westbru01
    Put today's Westbrook on the Bulls, he would of won MVP as well, he also would of won more than one game against the Heat and put up a better fight with Lebron guarding him.

Local High School Star

Westbrook is an incredible athlete.

Unfortunately he is not a very smart player and also doesn't seem to have a whole lot of control in that he has one gear: GO! While this can wreak havoc on teams at times, it is not beneficial for the team when Durant should be the focal point of the offense.

I believe the fact that he is such an all or nothing player definitely has played a part in him getting so frequently injured over the last 18 (+ ?) months. He needs some level of control.

NBA All-star

he could use some white chocolate for sure.

but I guess that's everyone.

Thing I love about Lillard going at Westbrook is that Lillard is so much smarter. He can use Westbrook's energy against him. Westbrook can't guard him and he can bait Westbrook into chucking up bad shots. Last game Westbrook was killing early then Lillard finished the Thunder late. Westbrook has a primitive brain.

The f**k are you going on about? Last time they played it was Westbrook, like 7 other guys, most of whom were barely passable role players and/or scrubs. Westbrook went off for 38-6-3 while Lillard had 10-5-2. Just because Lillard made two threes in the fourth, when the wheels were already falling off for a depleted Thunder team, doesn't mean "Lillard finished the Thunder late." Hell, his two threes came with 7+ minutes to go in the game. Westbrook abused Lillard basically the entire game.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Westbrook is the biggest reason I really hate the match up with the Thunder. Anytime the Spurs see them in the playoffs I get far more nervous than other teams because Westbrook is just such a problem to defend. His athleticism is pretty insane.

I'm not sure toning him down would make him better. I think part of his greatness is that he's a force of nature. I suppose knowing when to take a back seat would be real good for him to learn.

Westbrook has really improved from year to year. His emotional nature is both his blessing and curse. With his athleticism, it makes for one hell of a cover and an equally exceptional defender, but his emotions also lead him into a whole lot of bad shots and bad decisions that result in hurting the other talent around him. Once(if?) he finds a balance to that, I see no reason why he couldn't win an MVP or even two in his career.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Westbrook has really improved from year to year. His emotional nature is both his blessing and curse. With his athleticism, it makes for one hell of a cover and an equally exceptional defender, but his emotions also lead him into a whole lot of bad shots and bad decisions that result in hurting the other talent around him. Once(if?) he finds a balance to that, I see no reason why he couldn't win an MVP or even two in his career.