Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Kyrie the most efficient volume scorer on the Cavs. Should he get more touches?

Kyrie really ****ed that up as of late. Good game tonight though.

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

Default Re: Kyrie the most efficient volume scorer on the Cavs. Should he get more touches?

lebron should just leave and let kyrie and dion take all the shots they want. but with a losing record.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

I like the way we look overall lately. 9 out of our last 11 I think?

As for Kyrie, he's always been a great shooter, regardless of what the haters have had to say about him the past year or so.

One thing I have noticed is that Lebron tends to shoot the technical fouls, even when Kyrie is on the floor. This I don't understand. Kyrie is a much better FT shooter, and has proven himself to be super-clutch.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd

As for Kyrie, he's always been a great shooter, regardless of what the haters have had to say about him the past year or so.

One thing I have noticed is that Lebron tends to shoot the technical fouls, even when Kyrie is on the floor. This I don't understand. Kyrie is a much better FT shooter, and has proven himself to be super-clutch.
    Yea, if only you guys could play The East every night.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

It's to jump start Lebron into a shooting rhythm and give him more confidence. Or pad stats lol jk...Let's say they are investing a little bit more into the a player who can change the game completely when hot than to get an almost guarantee 1-point with Kyrie shooting the technical.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Debator
    It's to jump start Lebron into a shooting rhythm and give him more confidence. Or pad stats lol jk...Let's say they are investing a little bit more into the a player who can change the game completely when hot than to get an almost guarantee 1-point with Kyrie shooting the technical.
    I guess that makes sense, but it bugs me almost as much as the 3-guard lineup we still insist on running here and there; when we have Kyrie, Dion, and Delly all out there at the same time.

Local High School Star

That is odd to me as well. Lebron rarely took technical FTs while in Miami. I'm thinking that if the Cavs make it to the playoffs, whoever is the best FT shooter on the court will start taking them.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Lol this thread is so fail, Lebron will always be a more efficient scorer than Kyrie.

Plus, Lebron only takes the technical free throw, when he's completely out of rhythm

Cavs are 8-2 in their last 10 and the big 3 are finally starting to gel. Why would they change what they are doing?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Cavs are 8-2 in their last 10 and the big 3 are finally starting to gel. Why would they change what they are doing?
    I believe this thread is from a couple weeks ago. Anyway, despite going through a minor shooting slump, I think Kyrie is playing very well. He's not forcing the issue and playing within the offense. There are probably more ways they can use him offensively and take advantage of his ridiculous skillset, but that doesn't appear to be where the team is in terms of its growth. I'm sure they'll get to that eventually.

Right now, the goals seem to be getting LeBron going and defining exactly what his role is going to be in the offense and making sure Love gets his shots. And I'm fine with that for the moment. Kyrie has shown that he is very versatile, so he'll continue to get good looks regardless what kind of offense they're implementing. He's become pretty deadly both with the ball and off of it. He looks like an excellent compliment to LeBron.

As for the technical free throws, LeBron should probably never take them, but he has been taking nearly all of them. When he's on the floor with Kyrie, Miller, Harris, Jones, Love, etc. there's no reason for it. There are too many shooters on this team to justify it. And, how about getting those guys into a good rhythm occasionally by giving them a gimme? It's not all about LeBron, believe it or not.