Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Love vs Bosh

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

Default Re: Love vs Bosh

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/10/...itz-miami-heat

There you go, have a read. His speed and length was a big piece for Miami's defense.
    That entire article, which was based on a ridiculous premise (stating Bosh is the key to the Miami defense when in reality Lebron was), did nothing to address the fact that if Bosh was such a good defender why did Miami have zero rim protection, pathetic rebounding (big part of defense), no ability to stop any halfway decent center from scoring, and low shot blocking from Bosh?

Bosh was rightfully considered a soft defender before 2010 and he still is. The only thing that has changed is his reputation. People will see it next season when Miami's defense is god awful. Small ball was only possible because of Lebron, not some soft stretch 4 that can't rebound/block shots/guard centers/protect the rim.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    That entire article, which was based on a ridiculous premise (stating Bosh is the key to the Miami defense when in reality Lebron was), did nothing to address the fact that if Bosh was such a good defender why did Miami have zero rim protection, pathetic rebounding (big part of defense), no ability to stop any halfway decent center from scoring, and low shot blocking from Bosh?

Bosh was rightfully considered a soft defender before 2010 and he still is. The only thing that has changed is his reputation. People will see it next season when Miami's defense is god awful. Small ball was only possible because of Lebron, not some soft stretch 4 that can't rebound/block shots/guard centers/protect the rim.
    The most underrated part of Bosh

[QUOTE=stalkerforlife]The most underrated part of Bosh

also Bosh is very athletic, something Love really isn't.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

[QUOTE=stalkerforlife]The most underrated part of Bosh

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

You obviously do not watch bball, especially playoff bball.

Did you ignore Bosh being raped repeatedly every playoffs by the Pacers front court and old man Duncan? Al Jefferson killed Miami as well before he got injured.

You are ignoring the facts I stated that Bosh is a poor rebounder (which is a big part of defense), Bosh does not block many shots, Bosh is easily abused in the post by decent big men, and he does nothing to deter teams from killing Miami with slashing.

Miami had to have a trapping scheme that packed the paint and then recovered to the outside simply because Bosh was not good enough to defend the paint...and even with this pack the paint defense Bosh was still raped by big men in the paint.
    I just keep rolling that tape of that old boy Manu

I'll say Bosh is better just simply because of his defensive ability. I think Love is a better offensive player by a little bit. I don't pay much attention to playoffs births because when you have GMs like David Kahn drafting a million point guards for your team, there isn't much hope for the front office building a team around you to compete heavily, much less compete heavily in the West. Then the first full year they had gotten rid of David Kahn they have their best season ever under Love's tenure. It doesn't surprise me Toronto made the playoffs. They had a semi-competent GM and they're in the East.

Love was just in a bad situation I feel.

Banned

Love is a better shooter, post game, post defence, plus rebounding

Bosh is better at playing C, perimeter defence and blocking shots

Bosh can block shots but cant guard a lick of post defence. Duncan, David West, Hibbert all abuse him

Give me Love any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

Bosh can block shots but cant guard a lick of post defence. Duncan, David West, Hibbert all abuse him

Love has a better outside shot, but I strongly feel Bosh is one of teh best mid-range shooters in the game. Even better than Love. He's won of those mid-range shooters where if he gets an open look 15-20 feet from the basket, you feel like it's going in almost every single freakin' time. Like a prime Garnett or current Ibaka.

NBA Legion @MySportsLegion

Kevin Love made more 3's than Kyle Korver, more rebounds than Dwight & Noah and more points than James Harden last year. BEAST.

All i said was that he was a great P&R defender, hence he was a big piece to the Heat's defense. But mainly that he was a better defender than Love. Now gets LeBron's knob out of your mouth.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

cosign all of this

Dunking on everybody in the park

Either way both Bosh and Love produced at elite levels their final year before joining forces with Lebron as they were in their prime.

These are their numbers that final season before joining forces:

Chris Bosh - 24 ppg, 11 rpg, 52% fg, 36% 3PT and 25.0 PER

Kevin Love - 26 ppg, 13 rpg, 46%, 38% 3PT and 26.9 PER

I'd love to see what people would've said exactly 1 year ago.

It's Love and it's not all that close...26/13/4/1/1 on 59% TS, 26.9 PER, .245 WS/48..he had 2 month stretch of 30/13/5/1/1 on 62% TS and a month of 33/14/5/1/1 on 63% TS...Bosh has never been that good, let alone during his time playing with Lebron. And it's not like Love's team was utter garbage, they won 40 games in a historically tough conference with a top 12 defense and offense, they would've made the playoffs in the East. If Rubio wasn't completely useless as a scorer and Pekovic didn't miss 28 games, they would've easily been a 45-50+ win team.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

You obviously do not watch bball, especially playoff bball.

Did you ignore Bosh being raped repeatedly every playoffs by the Pacers front court and old man Duncan? Al Jefferson killed Miami as well before he got injured.

You are ignoring the facts I stated that Bosh is a poor rebounder (which is a big part of defense), Bosh does not block many shots, Bosh is easily abused in the post by decent big men, and he does nothing to deter teams from killing Miami with slashing.

Miami had to have a trapping scheme that packed the paint and then recovered to the outside simply because Bosh was not good enough to defend the paint...and even with this pack the paint defense Bosh was still raped by big men in the paint.
    Bosh is not a good low post defender, and is easily overpowered by larger centers. Everyone knows that, and agrees. He was still a pretty good defensive player. His lateral quickness is exceptional for a 6'10 player, and he's good at reading p&r, which made him perfect for Miami's aggressive defensive style. Miami was able to trap p&r, and terrorize every team that tried to create off the dribble. They were not so good at defending teams that played inside out, and moved the ball well, but neither is the rest of the league.

If they had Love instead of Bosh, they would have had all of the same defensive weaknesses, plus they would've lost their amazing p&r defense, and they would lose whatever limited rim protection Bosh provided. They would've been better on the glass, and better offensively, but imo not nearly enough better to make up for what they would've lost on the defensive end. They would've needed a legitimate starting C to make it work.