Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe in media day: "it's my team"

The fact that he said it was a silly question leads me to believe he was moreso talking about it being his city and his team, since he's been there for like 18 years and Dwight just got there a month ago. So he's the face of the team. It's ridiculous to think otherwise.

It doesn't seem like he's saying he's going to be the best player on the team, because that certainly would not be a ridiculously silly question.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by lilblasta
    His attitude wasn't arrogant or rude, it was an honest answer to a question. It was the first time he was asked the question, and get used to hearing the answer "It is my team, and when I retire it is Dwight's team" if it gets asked anymore. I think it is not reasonable to believe that answer will be problematic at all. Also he never 'dismissed it as a silly question', he answered the question with a direct answer, he didn't laugh off the question or say it was a stupid question. You are reading way too deeply into what Kobe said.

Oh and you don't know if Shaq had any time table so that doesn't really offer up any solid support for your suggestion.
    hmm... watch the interview he did with craig sager, he did dismiss it as a silly question.
    It was not really a direct answer, it's quite obvious he that found the question to be ridiculous.

Yes, the answer was correct, but how he thinks it's a stupid question is what's really bothering me.

Let's say Shaq never had a time table, but that doesn't change my argument. What I'm trying to say is that what superstars perceive is quite often very different from the reality. And that's because of their ego and confidence in themselves.

Shaq did not believe his time is up, but his performance suggested otherwise.
    I don't know if Kobe believes he has declined, but at least he thinks he is still good enough to laugh that question off.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Kobe will be the Leader and the best player on the team. Dwight will be the sidekick.
    I agree..

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhtc
    hmm... watch the interview he did with craig sager, he did dismiss it as a silly question.
    It was not really a direct answer, it's quite obvious he that found the question to be ridiculous.

Yes, the answer was correct, but how he thinks it's a stupid question is what's really bothering me.

Let's say Shaq never had a time table, but that doesn't change my argument. What I'm trying to say is that what superstars perceive is quite often very different from the reality. And that's because of their ego and confidence in themselves.

Shaq did not believe his time is up, but his performance suggested otherwise.
    I don't know if Kobe believes he has declined, but at least he thinks he is still good enough to laugh that question off.

Haha, he did say it was a silly question. However, you are suggesting that by Kobe saying he is the leader of the team he is somehow feeding his own ego and telling himself he is the best player on the team. You are still associating "It's my team" with meaning "I'm the best player on the team" as if it is some kind of certain fact. That is simply not true. It is a loose conjecture based on how you perceive athletes to be. You really don't have any stone cold facts in your defense, and if you have read all the other posts on this thread everyone else agrees that Kobe is stating the obvious. He is the leader of the team. That doesn't mean he is saying he is the best player on the team, nor should it matter. Once again, you are looking for locker drama that is not there.

Banned

whoever gets the ball with 30 seconds left in gm 7 of nba finals is who the leader of the team is

and it will be kobe

Look how long he has been on this team leading it. How would it not still be his team?

Haha, he did say it was a silly question. However, you are suggesting that by Kobe saying he is the leader of the team he is somehow feeding his own ego and telling himself he is the best player on the team. You are still associating "It's my team" with meaning "I'm the best player on the team" as if it is some kind of certain fact. That is simply not true. It is a loose conjecture based on how you perceive athletes to be. You really don't have any stone cold facts in your defense, and if you have read all the other posts on this thread everyone else agrees that Kobe is stating the obvious. He is the leader of the team. That doesn't mean he is saying he is the best player on the team, nor should it matter. Once again, you are looking for locker drama that is not there.
    you're right, we never really know whether Kobe still thinks he's the best, and that's really what I inferred from the kobe I know so far.

LOL, again I'm not looking for locker drama, I'm just looking at whether shaq vs kobe will happen all over again.

That's why I'm trying to analyze Kobe's attitude right now, I just think his dismissive attitude and the fact that he doesn't need to think twice before answering questions like these(even if the answer is obvious) will play a huge role in his relationship with dwight. we'll see..

Saw a basketball once

you're right, we never really know whether Kobe still thinks he's the best, and that's really what I inferred from the kobe I know so far.

LOL, again I'm not looking for locker drama, I'm just looking at whether shaq vs kobe will happen all over again.

That's why I'm trying to analyze Kobe's attitude right now, I just think his dismissive attitude and the fact that he doesn't need to think twice before answering questions like these(even if the answer is obvious) will play a huge role in his relationship with dwight. we'll see..
    Ok so let me get this straight... You are "not looking for locker room drama" yet you want to see if "shaq vs kobe will happen all over again".. hmmm.. okay..

SHAQ VS KOBE WAS LOCKER ROOM DRAMA.

Ok so let me get this straight... You are "not looking for locker room drama" yet you want to see if "shaq vs kobe will happen all over again".. hmmm.. okay..

SHAQ VS KOBE WAS LOCKER ROOM DRAMA.
    Looking for and trying to predict whether something will happen are two very different things.

I'm just trying to look at how will Kobe's personality and attitude affect his relationship with dwight howard, from the sources that I have. That's all.

I believe Kobe will ultimately take a lot of shots. Just like in the all star games, he loves to show everyone even more so. Now he thinks it's just another all star team in which he will be the ultimate star of stars.

Saw a basketball once

Looking for and trying to predict whether something will happen are two very different things.

I'm just trying to look at how will Kobe's personality and attitude affect his relationship with dwight howard, from the sources that I have. That's all.
    Sooooo you are 'trying to predict' locker room drama. Whatever man, now you are just being ridiculous.

You are looking for locker room drama. That's all

Shaq used to say that a lot.
    I'm really hoping he tones his game down and plays smart like he did in 2008. I'm sick of seeing the one man show, especially with his mileage. he runs out of gas by the time the 4th hits and ends up hurting the team more than he helps.

Sooooo you are 'trying to predict' locker room drama. Whatever man, now you are just being ridiculous.

You are looking for locker room drama. That's all
    for the conversations that we've had throughout this thread, I thought we've reached the point where we understand each other's viewpoint,

but now you are just drawing conclusions.

I don't see why "predicting" something is ridiculous. You look at history and try to anticipate the future.

If Kobe have had problems before, who can say that it's impossible for him to have locker room problems again? or who can say he will definitely cause problems?
    This is what predicting is all about. We look at how Kobe thinks right now, and think about whether his current actions may contribute to a future feud.

well considering nash and howard havent played even 1 game with the lakers yet, obviously it's still kobe's team

Saw a basketball once

for the conversations that we've had throughout this thread, I thought we've reached the point where we understand each other's viewpoint,

but now you are just drawing conclusions.

I don't see why "predicting" something is ridiculous. You look at history and try to anticipate the future.

If Kobe have had problems before, who can say that it's impossible for him to have locker room problems again? or who can say he will definitely cause problems?
    This is what predicting is all about. We look at how Kobe thinks right now, and think about whether his current actions may contribute to a future feud.
    The kind of suggestion you are using, and have been using throughout this thread is the same thing Fox news does to push their aggressively conservative opinions under the guise of journalism. i.e. "Was Obama born outside of the US?" "Is public health care a potential disaster?" "Is the economic system failing under democratic administration?" "Is Obama a terrorist?". You are presenting an idea that paints a certain party in a negative light and doing so under the guise of asking questions to make it seem like you are legitimately trying to have a conversation about the topic.

In your case it is "Is Kobe ruining his relationship with his new team by saying it is his team?"

I have tried repeatedly to point out the facts to you but you keep going back to your opinions about Kobe as an egotistical douche, then saying he is possibly leading his team to its destruction before the season has even started. So I apologize if I am becoming rude, but I am getting impatient with you tip toeing around facts and repeatedly pushing the idea that Kobe is ruining the team by creating locker room drama.