Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers interested in Devin Harris

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Unfortunately unlike you, I don't go thinking this way. But continue, it's funny how seriously you take all this and how much pride you get from "steering a thread in the right direction" on an internet forum. It's ever so entertaining.
    Yeah, I guess I take pride in using logic to make sense of things and making my decisions. It's much better than pulling **** out from your mouth which you take pride in. I guess that's really more entertaining seeing PB's bull**** "I will leave SRK if the Cavs lose" thread getting so many views. Bull**** is entertaining.

Yes, and this is not the plan they should take.
    Seeing that you don't do much planning and working hard in life, yeah I can tell you would think that.

There is a fine line between working hard and working stupid. A difference between what's attainable and what's a dream. What you're proposing has never to my knowledge been done in the NBA and you've yet provide a credible example where it has happened.
    Everything starts from a dream. A kid dreaming of becoming a doctor. A pilot. An astronaut. Then he busts his ass studying to get there. So being a doctor is really hard, people who stay in the library till late to study and try to become a doctor are stupid too? Why do you think it is unattainable? Have you tried doing it or worked out the odds showing that it's not in your favour? I've given you an example of the Lakers signing Shaq and then developing their young players into All-stars already. I'll give you another one.

3 seasons ago, Boston sucked and finished 2nd last in the league. They absolutely sucked and their best player wanted to leave. When they failed to secure Durant and Oden, people thought they were goners for sure. The team owners decided to gut their team's future and trading them for veteran players. At first, nobody wanted to be near that loser squad. But Boston managed to persuade Ray Allen to sign by showing him their ambition by going after Garnett. Garnett, seeing that Allen had signed, was convinced that the Celtics are winners and signed too. With Garnett and Allen secured, their best player Pierce didn't want to leave anymore. And a championship happened. This is how overnight, a loser team with the 2nd worst record became champions next season.

Sure it's an exciting and possibly an enticing option, but probability and history is not on our side and most likely it wouldn't work out the way we planned.
    Probability? That's what I wanted to investigate in this thread. You have yet to work out the odds, and you're saying probability is not on your side? These free agents all have to end up somewhere, so have you worked out which team is the most desirable for Lebron or Bosh to go to? Of course you will have no history when you are historically a loser. I guess you will continue being a loser since your history shows that you are one eh?

If you don't know the situation, nor the facts, then stop posting and acting like you know.
    There is no part in any of my posts where I am acting like I know something. Everything I said is 100% fact which I put out for people to consider and use to help predict what is going to happen. I didn't even make any predictions like saying Nets will shop Harris for sure or something that I don't know.

I don't believe that you can become the Lakers overnight. You seem to think that the Nets can overnight become a super powerhouse. I believe in taking moderate steps in the right direction and paying your dues which the Nets are doing. We've been a poor team for the last 3 seasons and we're slowly building ourselves to become a power house again. That's what I believe in. You cannot be successful yourself if you think success can be built in a short amount of time. These things have to be attained slowly and methodically, not through irrationality and gigantic gambles.
    Trust me the Nets aren't in the position they are in today overnight. They have planned and traded away their players the past few seasons and not taken on any crazy salary to have the cap and young talent they have today. The question is whether trading Harris is another step they want to take. To think that they aren't trying for a good FA is ridiculous.

That's one free agent, you're proposing 2 Big ones. I want to see an example like that. I'm already on board with having a young team and signing a big free agent next season. Now signing two big free agents? That's something I am very precarious about.
    So one is possible, but 2 will suddenly be impossible? Did you get me when I told you that attracting 2 is easier than attracting one? But the downside is you are risking what you have.

I know this, I support this. I don't support trading away Harris for next to nothing on the gamble that it will attract another big name superstar. Lets face it that's a tough proposition and a tough sell.
    I'm not sure if you know this. If you fear not being to attract a good FA so much, why would you support trading away Kidd, Jefferson and Vince and causing your team to become so pathetic as they are today? If you support this, you obviously support the Nets rebuilding with cap space. This is just a step in the plan that will gut the team further to get more space to rebuild. I am not saying that this is definitely the best move, but if you do not even entertain it and weigh out the odds you certainly are not thinking along the same lines of what you say you support.

So it'll be easier to attract them without our All-Star guard. Yup.
    Seeing that he isn't doing anything right now, and that his contract can bring in a superstar, it will certainly be easier.

I notice you are leaving more and more of my posts out. Can't logically think of a proper answer to them? I'm still doing my best to answer every single point that you can make. Don't be shy with any queries you might have.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    Yeah, I guess I take pride in using logic to make sense of things and making my decisions. It's much better than pulling **** out from your mouth which you take pride in. I guess that's really more entertaining seeing PB's bull**** "I will leave SRK if the Cavs lose" thread getting so many views. Bull**** is entertaining.
    I have him on ignore.

Seeing that you don't do much planning and working hard in life, yeah I can tell you would think that.
    Talk about bull**** and running your mouth on **** you don't know.

Everything starts from a dream. A kid dreaming of becoming a doctor. A pilot. An astronaut. Then he busts his ass studying to get there. So being a doctor is really hard, people who stay in the library till late to study and try to become a doctor are stupid too?
    Save your romanticism for someone who actually cares. Talk about going off topic and being irrelevant.

Why do you think it is unattainable? Have you tried doing it or worked out the odds showing that it's not in your favour? I've given you an example of the Lakers signing Shaq and then developing their young players into All-stars already.
    Because it hasn't happen and players have already commented on how it'd be hard for them to come to New Jersey after the season we're having. Go get your facts in line.

Joe Johnson:
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/01/07/w...sons-decision/

Chris Bosh has no sympathy for our losses:
    http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200..._bosh_can.html

There are more and it's stupid when players are all but dismissing the idea. The odds are stacked against us. You said you don't care about NJ or follow the free agency. Your credibility is already lost from that statement. So sit your ass down and take it from someone who has stake in both: THE ODDS ARE AGAINST US.
    3 seasons ago, Boston sucked and finished 2nd last in the league. They absolutely sucked and their best player wanted to leave. When they failed to secure Durant and Oden, people thought they were goners for sure. The team owners decided to gut their team's future and trading them for veteran players. At first, nobody wanted to be near that loser squad. But Boston managed to persuade Ray Allen to sign by showing him their ambition by going after Garnett.
    Talk about not following a thing. I'm convinced you don't even follow the NBA and for all your "stop talking out of your ass" you're doing it yourself. Boston traded their top 5 pick (eventual Jeff Green), Delonte West, and Wally Z for Ray Allen. They didn't sign him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2920183

Garnett, seeing that Allen had signed, was convinced that the Celtics are winners and signed too. With Garnett and Allen secured, their best player Pierce didn't want to leave anymore. And a championship happened. This is how overnight, a loser team with the 2nd worst record became champions next season.
    Once again the Celtics dealt their young talent for Garnett. This does not prove your point at all. He was not signed.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pres...7-garnett.html

What the Celtics did is actually a counter point of what you're trying to say. They traded away their young talent for veterans to lead their team rather than retain them to lure free agents.

Probability? That's what I wanted to investigate in this thread. You have yet to work out the odds, and you're saying probability is not on your side? These free agents all have to end up somewhere, so have you worked out which team is the most desirable for Lebron or Bosh to go to? Of course you will have no history when you are historically a loser. I guess you will continue being a loser since your history shows that you are one eh?
    Why don't you investigate your own examples before you use them then I'll go doing the leg work for the odds? Cause you obviously haven't even tried to be correct in any of your examples.

Trust me the Nets aren't in the position they are in today overnight. They have planned and traded away their players the past few seasons and not taken on any crazy salary to have the cap and young talent they have today. The question is whether trading Harris is another step they want to take. To think that they aren't trying for a good FA is ridiculous.
    Where have I said they're not trying for a good free agent? All I said is that trying for 2 BIG Free agents is an almost impossible feat which is a gamble I don't want to see them get.

So one is possible, but 2 will suddenly be impossible? Did you get me when I told you that attracting 2 is easier than attracting one? But the downside is you are risking what you have.
    2 is impossible because 1 is tough enough. I don't see how two is easier than one. You haven't proved that with any sort of example that made sense.
    I'm not sure if you know this. If you fear not being to attract a good FA so much, why would you support trading away Kidd, Jefferson and Vince and causing your team to become so pathetic as they are today?
    The time of Kidd, Jefferson, and Vince was over. They had their shot and it's time to move them along as we build for the future. However, this doesn't mean to go crazy and just trade away every single asset we have. It means smart, calculated moves which is what we have done. To trade Devin away for next to nothing on the hopes that we can find two superstars? Especially when the bigger names in the free agency have all but dismissed the possibility of coming here? How much risk can you take?

If you support this, you obviously support the Nets rebuilding with cap space. This is just a step in the plan that will gut the team further to get more space to rebuild. I am not saying that this is definitely the best move, but if you do not even entertain it and weigh out the odds you certainly are not thinking along the same lines of what you say you support.
    Don't try to do this logical reasoning cause you're not going anywhere. Like I've said 100000x times, there is a point of being too extreme in clearing space. I've been on board and you can go find my posts from 2008 if you want, I like where we're going and this is the right way to do it. For Vince, Kidd, and RJ we've gotten talent back. It may sometimes be less than stellar talent (Courtney Lee), but talent nonetheless. So this isn't just a step in the plan. This is essentially gambling.

Seeing that he isn't doing anything right now, and that his contract can bring in a superstar, it will certainly be easier.
    "Certainly?" "Easier?" And you ask why I think you think this will be an easy task. People know Devin by now. He was a former All-Star and they know he has been hobbling through some injuries. LeBron is good friends with Devin and so is Bosh. Trading him away doesn't make us look more attractive.

I notice you are leaving more and more of my posts out. Can't logically think of a proper answer to them? I'm still doing my best to answer every single point that you can make. Don't be shy with any queries you might have.
    Because they're irrelevant and I'd become redundant, like you certainly are.
    Last edited by wang4three; 01-22-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Lakers suck

No more championships for them

bye kobe old fart

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Lakers suck

No more championships for them

bye kobe old fart

Wow...your probably 12 years old aren't you?

I have him on ignore.
    Well maybe you should take him out since you enjoy nonsensical rants without logic.

Talk about bull**** and running your mouth on **** you don't know.
    Well I didn't know before I but have good idea now judging from your last few posts. Obviously a guy who doesn't plan, evaluate options and work hard in life. Would you like to defend yourself by telling us which college you are in, what are you majoring in or what profession you are in now?

Save your romanticism for someone who actually cares. Talk about going off topic and being irrelevant.
    Of course, anybody can tell that that was romanticism to you. You have no idea how people think and work hard to become successful, it is something that you don't care about.

Because it hasn't happen and players have already commented on how it'd be hard for them to come to New Jersey after the season we're having. Go get your facts in line.

Joe Johnson:
    http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/01/07/w...sons-decision/

Chris Bosh has no sympathy for our losses:
    http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200..._bosh_can.html
    Think about it. The players say that it is hard for them to come to NJ because they are a loser team. These guys are in loser teams and are sick of it, and they feel no pity for NJ. So do you want to bank on your loser players to attract these free agents, or do you want to offer them some light by promising them high level help and success?

There are more and it's stupid when players are all but dismissing the idea. The odds are stacked against us. You said you don't care about NJ or follow the free agency. Your credibility is already lost from that statement. So sit your ass down and take it from someone who has stake in both: THE ODDS ARE AGAINST US.
    The players are dismissing the idea of coming to a loser team. Which shows that the Nets should buck up quick and offer something new. You somehow know the odds without even thinking about it? Well that shows how much control you have over your own life! Even a guy like me who doesn't care about the nets can think independently and come to logical conclusions.

Let's indulge in your thinking for a minute. So, the nets are screwed, no free agent wants to come to losing NJ. So, what's the use of all the cap space that your management has worked so hard for? I feel sorry for you Nets fans!! Your management gutted away your decent team of Kidd, Jefferson and Carter so that you can endure the worst NBA team in history. Then next season they are going to sign Rudy Gay and Tyrus and call it a day! Then you can continue sucking! Some great management you have! What will you give to have a management like the Lakers who will take bold calculated risks?

Talk about not following a thing. I'm convinced you don't even follow the NBA and for all your "stop talking out of your ass" you're doing it yourself. Boston traded their top 5 pick (eventual Jeff Green), Delonte West, and Wally Z for Ray Allen. They didn't sign him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2920183

Once again the Celtics dealt their young talent for Garnett. This does not prove your point at all. He was not signed.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/pres...7-garnett.html

What the Celtics did is actually a counter point of what you're trying to say. They traded away their young talent for veterans to lead their team rather than retain them to lure free agents.
    So trading your young players for great players is very different from dumping your young players to sign great players now? Boston lost their pick and talent to get Ray Allen, which lead to the championship. So the Nets losing their talented pg to get a max FA is a bad thing now?

How is this countering what I am trying to say? So in your mind the only way to get talent is through a trade? Lebron and all the FAs aren't bound by contracts like those guys are. you don't have to trade someone back to get them. You can just take them by making space. But you have to give up what you have to make the space though.

Why don't you investigate your own examples before you use them then I'll go doing the leg work for the odds? Cause you obviously haven't even tried to be correct in any of your examples.
    Well it is clear that you are not able think logically to seek the proper outcome that you desire. Hence your analysis of the odds will be terrible. You will probably give yourself stupid rules like "Oh it must be a straight sign up." "There can be no trades." "We can't use the draft!" or something stupid along those lines to restrict yourself. I do not trust your uneducated ass at all.

Where have I said they're not trying for a good free agent? All I said is that trying for 2 BIG Free agents is an almost impossible feat which is a gamble I don't want to see them get.

2 is impossible because 1 is tough enough. I don't see how two is easier than one. You haven't proved that with any sort of example that made sense.
    Again, you have no idea how things work. 2 is impossible because 1 is tough enough? LOL. Do you know that it is easier to buy a bunch of grapes than it is to buy a single grape? Do you know that it is often easier to persuade a group of friends to go to a party together than it is to get a single person to go? Sometimes getting many is easier.

I have already told you many times, having a second max FA space gives the FAs some hope. You already proved that no one wants to come to a loser team that has no chance of winning. Having a top player come along with you gives you hope that you can win it all. Do see how two is easier than one now? Or do you need more explanation?

The time of Kidd, Jefferson, and Vince was over. They had their shot and it's time to move them along as we build for the future. However, this doesn't mean to go crazy and just trade away every single asset we have. It means smart, calculated moves which is what we have done. To trade Devin away for next to nothing on the hopes that we can find two superstars? Especially when the bigger names in the free agency have all but dismissed the possibility of coming here? How much risk can you take?
    Why have Vince and co move along when your team is doomed for failure anyway? They are the worst team in history now, and they can't attract talent. Might as well keep them and win some games right?

Why can't trading Harris be a smart calculated move? Just because you didn't do the calculations doesn't mean it cannot be smart.

Don't try to do this logical reasoning cause you're not going anywhere. Like I've said 100000x times, there is a point of being too extreme in clearing space. I've been on board and you can go find my posts from 2008 if you want, I like where we're going and this is the right way to do it. For Vince, Kidd, and RJ we've gotten talent back. It may sometimes be less than stellar talent (Courtney Lee), but talent nonetheless. So this isn't just a step in the plan. This is essentially gambling.
    I'm going nowhere because your uneducated mind is incapable of dealing with proper logic and reasoning. You can't wrap your mind around the fact that the opportunity to land other FAs has tangible value. In your mind, throwing a player a way = crazy. Trading for someone back = not as bad. But you fail to see the consequence of the trade other than the player you are getting back.

"Certainly?" "Easier?" And you ask why I think you think this will be an easy task. People know Devin by now. He was a former All-Star and they know he has been hobbling through some injuries. LeBron is good friends with Devin and so is Bosh. Trading him away doesn't make us look more attractive.
    You said yourself that no player will want to come to NJ with Devin because they suck. I say if they can get another max FA to come, they wouldn't suck and will be more attractive. So what's your plan to get a FA now?

Because they're irrelevant and I'd become redundant, like you certainly are.
    They might seem redundant to you because you fail to understand them. If you work a little harder and think those things through, you might learn something and become a better person.
    Last edited by Pinkhearts; 01-22-2010 at 02:58 PM.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    Well maybe you should take him out since you enjoy nonsensical rants without logic.
    Once again with your irrational insults.

Well I didn't know before I but have good idea now judging from your last few posts. Obviously a guy who doesn't plan, evaluate options and work hard in life. Would you like to defend yourself by telling us which college you are in, what are you majoring in or what profession you are in now?
    I don't need to prove myself to some random e-thugging forum junkie. But please go ahead with more bull**** rather than addressing the subject.

Think about it. The players say that it is hard for them to come to NJ because they are a loser team. These guys are in loser teams and are sick of it, and they feel no pity for NJ. So do you want to bank on your loser players to attract these free agents, or do you want to offer them some light by promising them high level help and success?
    It's almost comical how much back pedaling you've done as your "argument" progressed. At first you asked for links to prove that the stars were not big on NJ. I've provided them. I've showed you why. Now you still dismiss it on this principle that doesn't make any sense.

Not even that, if you look at history of New Jersey for the past 6 years, management has done nothing in promising more help to our stars. Instead they've only cost cutted in efforts to build a stadium that when first proposed was supposed to open up in 2010. They haven't even broke ground yet. But what we have seen was the breaking up of a Finals Team, trading away our bigger contracts, and signing lesser players for minimum. Management has not shown any real effort in promising success. Everything, everything has pointed more towards the direction that saving money > the success of the team. So if you want to keep into your head that we're just gonna magically open our checkbooks not once, but twice at the maximum possible, when everything we've done has been counter to that including times we were succeeding, then who really is being logical?

The players are dismissing the idea of coming to a loser team. Which shows that the Nets should buck up quick and offer something new. You somehow know the odds without even thinking about it? Well that shows how much control you have over your own life! Even a guy like me who doesn't care about the nets can think independently and come to logical conclusions.
    I've done nothing but provide actual statements by players, actual reasoning. I feel like you're being irrationally. You still haven't provided an example to prove that two superstars in their prime have ponied up and play for a NEW franchise. Where is your logic? Where in past history has something like this ever been possible? Where have you seen anyone say, "I want to start brand new, regardless of wins or losses."

Let's indulge in your thinking for a minute. So, the nets are screwed, no free agent wants to come to losing NJ.
    That's not my thinking; do not put words my mouth.
    So, what's the use of all the cap space that your management has worked so hard for?
    I don't get why this is so hard for you to comprehend. I have not said New Jersey is doomed. I have not said that NO ONE will sign with New Jersey. All I've said that signing one superstar is going to be hard enough but its very doable. Signing two superstars will be way too hard for a team like us.

Why is it so hard to see that?

So trading your young players for great players is very different from dumping your young players to sign great players now? Boston lost their pick and talent to get Ray Allen, which lead to the championship. So the Nets losing their talented pg to get a max FA is a bad thing now?
    Yes. Are you really incapable of seeing the difference? When you trade for someone, they have to still fill out their contract. Ray Allen had no choice but to play for Boston. Now if he's a free agent, he could've gone somewhere else. Do you not know the difference between trading for a player and signing a player?

How is this countering what I am trying to say? So in your mind the only way to get talent is through a trade?
    No, but I guess being wrong is something you're getting quite used to. It's counter because what you're proposing is signing two superstars to the Nets. Do you not know the difference of signing two superstars and trading two superstars? They're two different methods of acquiring players.

Lebron and all the FAs aren't bound by contracts like those guys are. you don't have to trade someone back to get them. You can just take them by making space. But you have to give up what you have to make the space though.
    Yes; so your example of Boston doesn't work.

Well it is clear that you are not able think logically to seek the proper outcome that you desire. Hence your analysis of the odds will be terrible. You will probably give yourself stupid rules like "Oh it must be a straight sign up." "There can be no trades." "We can't use the draft!" or something stupid along those lines to restrict yourself. I do not trust your uneducated ass at all.
    Keep with the insults at the author instead of the argument. You haven't provided any examples, any statements, or any sort of evidence or credibility to your argument. Instead you cling on to these insults at me as your only way of communicating. Keep it up, you must be really happy to be where you are in life since you're supposedly never wrong.

Again, you have no idea how things work. 2 is impossible because 1 is tough enough? LOL. Do you know that it is easier to buy a bunch of grapes than it is to buy a single grape? Do you know that it is often easier to persuade a group of friends to go to a party together than it is to get a single person to go? Sometimes getting many is easier.
    We're not talking about ****ing grapes or a party, we're talking about people's lives and families and their careers. Are ****ing retarded with that analogy?

I have already told you many times, having a second max FA space gives the FAs some hope. You already proved that no one wants to come to a loser team that has no chance of winning. Having a top player come along with you gives you hope that you can win it all. Do see how two is easier than one now? Or do you need more explanation?
    IT. HAS. NEVER. BEEN. DONE. SHOW. ME. AN. EXAMPLE. OF. TWO. SUPERSTAR. FREE. AGENTS. SIGNING. WITH. A. NEW. TEAM. THAT. WAS. A. BAD. TEAM. THE. YEAR. PREVIOUSLY.

IF. IT. WAS. SO. EASY. THEN. YOU. SHOULD. BE. ABLE. TO. FIND. AN. EXAMPLE.

Why have Vince and co move along when your team is doomed for failure anyway? They are the worst team in history now, and they can't attract talent. Might as well keep them and win some games right?

Why can't trading Harris be a smart calculated move? Just because you didn't do the calculations doesn't mean it cannot be smart.
    It can be if you're smart about it, not if you're just going to give him away.

I'm going nowhere because your uneducated mind is incapable of dealing with proper logic and reasoning.
    You mean irrational thinking and lack of evidence.

You can't wrap your mind around the fact that the opportunity to land other FAs has tangible value.
    In your mind, throwing a player a way = crazy. Trading for someone back = not as bad. But you fail to see the consequence of the trade other than the player you are getting back.
    No no no no, for all the intelligence you seem to say I lack, you're sorely lacking yourself. But, I'm not surprised. You're already preset in your assumptions based on lack of evidence or knowledge of FACTS.

You said yourself that no player will want to come to NJ with Devin because they suck. I say if they can get another max FA to come, they wouldn't suck and will be more attractive. So what's your plan to get a FA now?
    I did not say NO PLAYER will come to New Jersey. I said it's already hard because of the losses this season and the recent history of management. I then said it would be EVEN HARDER without Devin.

They might seem redundant to you because you fail to understand them. If you work a little harder and think those things through, you might learn something and become a better person.
    And if you actually are willing to read the opinion of a person who is following the team and the market instead of proclaiming to have no information of free agency or the organization, maybe you can learn something and be an actual credible opinion.

Once again with your irrational insults.
    It's not irrational as you had said so yourself that you do not want to see intelligent logical discussion on this board. That's why you come on an internet forum isn't it? To avoid formal debates.

I don't need to prove myself to some random e-thugging forum junkie. But please go ahead with more bull**** rather than addressing the subject.
    Translation: I have nothing to show to prove my credibility so I'll just insult her and say she's bull****ting and hopefully she'll change the topic.

Who's the forum junkie with near 11k posts? You must be addicted to the forum for pretty long.

It's almost comical how much back pedaling you've done as your "argument" progressed. At first you asked for links to prove that the stars were not big on NJ. I've provided them. I've showed you why. Now you still dismiss it on this principle that doesn't make any sense.
    Yet again this proves your lack of analysis and problem solving skills. When people tell you they do not want to come to your place, you find out what the problem is and try to fix it. Did your links prove that Bosh will never come to NJ ever? Did he say that he just detests the area, the team or the fans? No, all he said was that he doesn't want to lose anymore. So to win him over, you better offer some hope of success. Where's the backpedaling here?

I suppose you are the sort who gives up once you get rejected for a job interview. It shows that the company doesn't want you forever and there isn't any reason to change it right? When a girl rejects you, it shows it's hopeless for you to go after girls and there is nothing you can do to make yourself more attractive to girls right?

Not even that, if you look at history of New Jersey for the past 6 years, management has done nothing in promising more help to our stars. Instead they've only cost cutted in efforts to build a stadium that when first proposed was supposed to open up in 2010. They haven't even broke ground yet. But what we have seen was the breaking up of a Finals Team, trading away our bigger contracts, and signing lesser players for minimum. Management has not shown any real effort in promising success. Everything, everything has pointed more towards the direction that saving money > the success of the team. So if you want to keep into your head that we're just gonna magically open our checkbooks not once, but twice at the maximum possible, when everything we've done has been counter to that including times we were succeeding, then who really is being logical?
    So you're saying the Nets should give up all hope. Keep the cap space and wait till the break ground and go after the free agents of 2020. That's your plan right? To save money and put up the worst team in NBA history and try to make a profit by keeping under lux tax? That's a great team to support!

I've done nothing but provide actual statements by players, actual reasoning. I feel like you're being irrationally. You still haven't provided an example to prove that two superstars in their prime have ponied up and play for a NEW franchise. Where is your logic? Where in past history has something like this ever been possible? Where have you seen anyone say, "I want to start brand new, regardless of wins or losses."

You provided statements by players without even thinking it through. And I'm irrational now? If Shaq signing on to the Lakers and Heat didn't prove to you that a crappy team signing a FA is possible, I don't know what will. If Allen and Garnett liaising to come to the same team doesn't prove that to stars can get together to the same team, nothing will.

Many teams have started brand new regardless of wins and losses. Look who's trying that now: The Miami heat and the New York Knicks.

That's not my thinking; do not put words my mouth.
    Hahaha you should go back and read your own posts. You said there is no hope for the nets to land a good FA, and Boozer is your best bet. Which means you think the best case scenario is the nets signing Boozer and calling it a day and continue sucking for the rest of the decade.

I don't get why this is so hard for you to comprehend. I have not said New Jersey is doomed. I have not said that NO ONE will sign with New Jersey. All I've said that signing one superstar is going to be hard enough but its very doable. Signing two superstars will be way too hard for a team like us.

Why is it so hard to see that?
    New Jersey's plan was to trade away their best players for cap space and young talent to rebuild on. If no one signs with NJ, it means their plan has failed and and their management screwed up. This also means the Nets are DOOMED to suck for at least the next half decade and try to rebuild themselves to through the draft. Assuming they can keep their players after their rookie contracts since NO ONE wants to be in NJ.

Yes. Are you really incapable of seeing the difference? When you trade for someone, they have to still fill out their contract. Ray Allen had no choice but to play for Boston. Now if he's a free agent, he could've gone somewhere else. Do you not know the difference between trading for a player and signing a player?
    Looks like you still cannot wrap your head around the logic. Your goal is to try to make your goal as strong as possible. If you can get talent for free, you TAKE them. You don't give a F about the other team. Is your team so hopeless that they can't hope to attract anybody and you have to force them to play? No wonder Vince Jeff and Kidd all wanted out.

No, but I guess being wrong is something you're getting quite used to. It's counter because what you're proposing is signing two superstars to the Nets. Do you not know the difference of signing two superstars and trading two superstars? They're two different methods of acquiring players.

Yes; so your example of Boston doesn't work.
    Different methods same results. If you still are unable to become a goal oriented person, you will never be a successful person.

Keep with the insults at the author instead of the argument. You haven't provided any examples, any statements, or any sort of evidence or credibility to your argument. Instead you cling on to these insults at me as your only way of communicating. Keep it up, you must be really happy to be where you are in life since you're supposedly never wrong.
    I have provided plenty of case studies and logical explanation as to why this can happen. Your weak logical mind just failed to process it.

Trust me I got to where I am in life sucking it up and admitting my mistakes. Then I work hard to correct them. The change process can take years, but I'm a better person for it. I'm not admitting any mistakes here because I haven't made any.

We're not talking about ****ing grapes or a party, we're talking about people's lives and families and their careers. Are ****ing retarded with that analogy?
    Once again your illogical mind fails to draw the analogy how see how things applies. I have painted simple analogies for you since you failed to understand how 2 max FAs will do better. If you even reject simple analogies without thinking them through, you are hopeless and will never figure it out.

IT. HAS. NEVER. BEEN. DONE. SHOW. ME. AN. EXAMPLE. OF. TWO. SUPERSTAR. FREE. AGENTS. SIGNING. WITH. A. NEW. TEAM. THAT. WAS. A. BAD. TEAM. THE. YEAR. PREVIOUSLY.

IF. IT. WAS. SO. EASY. THEN. YOU. SHOULD. BE. ABLE. TO. FIND. AN. EXAMPLE.
    I have shown you several examples of how terrible teams have been able to reverse their fortunes overnight. It is your weak mind that fails to think for yourself and will only be able to accept the examples if things are exactly the same as the previous cases.

It can be if you're smart about it, not if you're just going to give him away.

You mean irrational thinking and lack of evidence.

No no no no, for all the intelligence you seem to say I lack, you're sorely lacking yourself. But, I'm not surprised. You're already preset in your assumptions based on lack of evidence or knowledge of FACTS.

I did not say NO PLAYER will come to New Jersey. I said it's already hard because of the losses this season and the recent history of management. I then said it would be EVEN HARDER without Devin.

And if you actually are willing to read the opinion of a person who is following the team and the market instead of proclaiming to have no information of free agency or the organization, maybe you can learn something and be an actual credible opinion.
    Now you're just being repetitive without thinking and answering the points I have made.

I suggest you go back, read all the posts and start thinking things through. If you want to argue that the Nets should keep Harris, there are better ways to do it and it is definitely a winnable argument. But your illogical mind is unable to do it right. Try going through every point I made and answering those questions instead of rejecting them due to your failure of comprehension, and you might be able to structure a decent argument.