Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Discuss how/why the Celtics just beat the Lakers in 2010 NBA Finals game 5

The difference was also KG on Gasol. He blocked his shot, he made life hell for Pau. KG was zoned in on rebounding as well.

We made adjustments with rebounding with 2 hands. DOc moving away from ROndo dominating the ball for 48 mins.

PP and KG PnR produced positive plays 80 percent of the time.
    Rondo always makes a critical hustle play
    Stayed within ourselves except for bone head moves.

One thing I noticed is Bryant is who he is. An incredible player who wants shine. its his gift and his curse..He let Ray Allen get in his head

Default Re: Discuss how/why the Celtics just beat the Lakers in 2010 NBA Finals game 5

This loss hurts almost as bad as Game 4 of the 2008 finals. I don't know who to blame or get pissed off at.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    This loss hurts almost as bad as Game 4 of the 2008 finals. I don't know who to blame or get pissed off at.
    It's ok, I believe Lakers could have won both games if they were playing at home. It's hard to win in the fourth when the refs calls everything against u. We still got this when we get home.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    It's ok, I believe Lakers could have won both games if they were playing at home. It's hard to win in the fourth when the refs calls everything against u. We still got this when we get home.

A Lakers fan complaining about the calls?!?!?! hahahahahahahahahaha

How about this: Celtics with only FOUR FTA with 5 minutes left in the 4th. they ended up with only 13 FTA, but they only had that many b/c 6 of those FTAs were from intentional Lakers fouls in the last minute.

Lakers had 26 FTA

Please, we won despite the refs. There were periods when the Celtics would go on a run, and the refs would make a questionable call which got the Lakers back in it.

i seriously can't belive a Lakers fan is complaining. I say they sucked and we even won the game lol.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I really don't see how LA fans can blame the officials for this loss. Were there a couple of close calls that went in Boston's favor? Sure.

But, for the most part, the officials did a pretty good job of not being a deciding factor and the Lakers actually had a significant FTA advantage.

There are going to be close calls in every game that one side dislikes. That is the nature of the game. But, I don't think there is any question that the better team won tonight.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    Laker players other than Kobe and Fisher have no heart and can't handle pressure.
    what did d fish do that was so great for them? shot 2-9 (same as artest) and wasnt really much of a factor.

Decent playground baller

Pierce and Rondo.

/thread.

/error

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Andrew Bynum:

31 minutes
    6 points
    1 offensive rebound
    0 defensive rebounds
    0 assists
    3 fouls
    1 turnover
    -12 (+/-), worst on both teams by a lot
    yet all the lakers fans act like pau was the player not grabbing boards. he had 12 boards in 38 mins. bynum was as big a liability this game.

Good college starter

I don't care about fta because Celts play aggressive and hack a lot, they deserve those foul calls. I didn't see any that they didn't deserve. The fourth quarter calls is what decides the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    what did d fish do that was so great for them? shot 2-9 (same as artest) and wasnt really much of a factor.
    what does that have to do with having heart. I think people misunderstand what heart is...

yet all the lakers fans act like pau was the player not grabbing boards. he had 12 boards in 38 mins. bynum was as big a liability this game.
    there you go looking at the box score...maybe watch the game and see how many offensive rebounds his lack of effort gave up or the two layups he blew of completely missed rotations or the other layups he gave up. At least Bynum was boxing out, Pau was sitting by the 3 point line.

uhm, newsflash numbnuts, the lakers scored 7 points in a row down the stretch in the 4th. all of them from the line. look at the ft differential and say that again. If this were a bar, I would slap your umbrella out of your drink and curb you on the footrail.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    what does that have to do with having heart. I think people misunderstand what heart is...
    heart is great and all, but points are better. 2-9 is terrible, especially for a guy who only takes good looks (mostly).

Decent playground baller

heart is great and all, but points are better. 2-9 is terrible, especially for a guy who only takes good looks (mostly).
    Remember when someone went 10-29? Fisher won that game in the fourth quarter. 29 attempts have more of an impact on the overall results...but Fisher kept the Lakers from losing in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease

there you go looking at the box score...maybe watch the game and see how many offensive rebounds his lack of effort gave up or the two layups he blew of completely missed rotations or the other layups he gave up. At least Bynum was boxing out, Pau was sitting by the 3 point line.
    Im not saying he didnt have a poor game, but I have seen at least a dozen laker fans act like bynum fish and kobe were all ballin out there. Stats arent everything, but your starting center playing 31 mins and getting 1 board? I dont care if he is boxing out, its not good enough.

so, pau got 12 boards from the 3pt line huh? wow hed be awesome if they could only figure out someway to get him closer to the basket.

Banned

Fisher's 2-9, while guarding Ray Allen and shutting him down and playing sound defense and not missing assignmens> Pau 12/12 with 5-12 shooting.

Im not saying he didnt have a poor game, but I have seen at least a dozen laker fans act like bynum fish and kobe were all ballin out there. Stats arent everything, but your starting center playing 31 mins and getting 1 board? I dont care if he is boxing out, its not good enough
    he is hurt...the only reason he is playing that many minutes is b/c Odom is acting like a pansy. Im not gonna blame Bynum when the only reason he is playing on a torn MCL is b/c Odom is shook. Im gonna blame Odom and Gasol for being shook