Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Raptors working hard to move both Lowry and DeRozan; attempts at Amir and Jonas too

Agreed, and agreed. The eternal mediocrity is frustrating as hell for the fans.

However we have to remember Masai inherited a team that doesn't have a lot of wiggle room. Bryan Colangelo had made a series of shortsighted moves that borrowed the future for the present. BC signed and traded for some long-term and overpaid contracts, didn't engineer for future cap room, didn't stock up on 1st rounders.

I don't want to make excuses for Masai but he's been on the job 6 months, has already dealt away Barg and Gay, which is a step towards the right direction, but to completely overhaul the mess BC left us, he's gonna need some time.

I don't think Masai is trying to win now or is trying to keep this roster together, he just didn't envisioned the East to be this bad and that a 11-14 team would be winning the division and making the playoffs.

Default Re: Raptors working hard to move both Lowry and DeRozan; attempts at Amir and Jonas too

Quote Originally Posted by bk33
    Agreed, and agreed. The eternal mediocrity is frustrating as hell for the fans.

However we have to remember Masai inherited a team that doesn't have a lot of wiggle room. Bryan Colangelo had made a series of shortsighted moves that borrowed the future for the present. BC signed and traded for some long-term and overpaid contracts, didn't engineer for future cap room, didn't stock up on 1st rounders.

I don't want to make excuses for Masai but he's been on the job 6 months, has already dealt away Barg and Gay, which is a step towards the right direction, but to completely overhaul the mess BC left us, he's gonna need some time.

I don't think Masai is trying to win now or is trying to keep this roster together, he just didn't envisioned the East to be this bad and that a 11-14 team would be winning the division and making the playoffs.
    Yeah, this is one of the most fascinating raptors years in team history. Its clear that management wants to smartly tank. But having a young team with an identity and some talent on the roster while the rest of the conference is hot garbage puts them in such a peculiar position. Where the only way this team can seal a good shot in the top 5 or 3 pick range is literally giving away derozan/amir/lowry for free.

Its been a really interesting year thus far.

Local High School Star

I'm on board with Qwyjibo. Anything less than a top 5-6 pick this year and Im out. I'm tired of this bullsh!t team. I've been a fan for 14 yeara now, I've reached my boiling point. Can't f*cking do anything right. I almost hope for the Raptors to make the playoffs or finish 9th so we can see a repeat of the 2006/07 season and watch the Raptors crash and burn the same way in the years after because the bottom teams in the East all reload with star talent. I'll become a fan of Utah or Philly or Orlando. Smart GMs who had the foresight to plan for the upcoming draft accordingly. Talent like this literally comes almost once a decade as the last loaded draft was 2003. Lowry, Salmons, Derozan, Johnson, and even Casey all better be gone by next month.

Serious playground baller Too_Cool's Avatar

Yes it's been tough being a Raptor fan over the years. Colangelo, preceded by Babcock rank near the bottom of GM performance in the history of general mananging in the NBA. Praise whatever you believe in that Massai can turn it around but it is undoubtidley going to take a few years. Hopefully he gets it done but yea, sucks in the process though.

And that proccess involves trading Lowry, Johnson, Derozan and whoever else...

It sucks but yea.

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Not too sure what we would expect to get back from a Derozan, Lowry trade thats going to be better then the current Derozan and Lowry. Unless Masai U really takes another team for a fleecing.

The only teams that would want to trade for them at this point in the season are already likely playoff teams, meaning draft picks are not going to be good coming back our way.

With the way the Raps are playing right now, I don't know how you trade Lowry, Amir, or DD. JV isn't going anywhere.

I think Lowry is only guy who may get traded at this point (I don't how you trade him with the way he's playing). I was pretty confident going into this season that he wouldn't re-sign with us. Not so sure now. His price tag maybe to high. He is going to get paid this off-season if he keeps this play up.

The Raptors may actually be buyers instead of sellers at the trade deadline.

Serious playground baller Too_Cool's Avatar

With the shape the east is in this year, I think even if the raps were to move Amir for a draft pick or younger player they could still get a 3/4 seed and even win a playoff round .

Trade Lowry and they are down to a low seed and would most likely not win a playoff series.

Trade Derozan and they are in serious trouble.