Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #16
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lebrons Near Triple Double in Cavs one point win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
Well, you know, the Cavs beat a healthy Celtics team earlier in the year. I'm tired of stating it, but you guys keep posting that garbage.

They beat a healthy Celts team, without Varejao too.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:37 PM   #17
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
Kobe is the best player on the planet, but LeBron certainly might be the best player "in" the planet...since he'd probably be the only one inside a planet.

But in all seriousness, you got a point bro...LeBron has been killing it this season, as of right now it's between Kobe, LeBron and Paul...with CP being the front runner right now, but I can't see Kobe not winning the award with this current Laker team...unless LeBron wins 55+ games and continues to put up incredible all around numbers.

Oh, and 1a) Kobe 1b) LeBron...

Paul is not the front runner for MVP. Most media members probably won't even have him top 3 he'll finish after KG, Bron and Kobe. With the way the Cavs are looking this year with Bron as opposed to the games with him out of the line-up Bron seems like the clear choice for MVP to me right now.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #18
RajonKGcelts
Time to repeat

RajonKGcelts is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
Well, you know, the Cavs beat a healthy Celtics team earlier in the year. I'm tired of stating it, but you guys keep posting that garbage.

I understand that, but you don't play 1 game series in the playoffs.
RajonKGcelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:02 AM   #19
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts

They've won 2 out of 3, winning both games Bron played and if I remember correclty haven't had Varajeo in either game they won. They seem to match up pretty well against the Celts.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:27 AM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
I would say right now LeBron is the better player (and therefore best player in the NBA), but Kobe deserves the MVP more.
Why? I'm not a Kobe hater (in fact, unlike most Cavalier fans, I enjoy watching him play), but how is he more deserving of the award?

LeBron has better numbers in EVERY major statistical category (ppg, rpg, apg, spg, bpg, fg%). LeBron is playing incredibly good defense. LeBron has been, possibly, the clutchest player in the NBA this season.

The Cavs are 13 games over .500 in games that LeBron plays in and 0-6 without him, including losses to some of the worst teams in the NBA.

The Cavs have beaten the Lakers both times they played this season (once with Bynum) and LeBron outplayed Kobe in both games.

The Cavs are 13-7 against the West this year. Even with the Cavs going 0-6 without LeBron and eventhough the Cavs have played most of the season without some of their most important pieces (Varejao and Pavlovic), the Lakers have just 4 more wins than the Cavs.

I mean... Why is Kobe more deserving of the MVP?

If people want to continue to bastardize the award and give it to the best player on the team with the best record (not necessarily the true MOST VALUABLE player), then I won't say much.

But, if it isn't that, LeBron should be the CLEAR choice. The Cavs may be the worst team in the NBA without LeBron. With him, they are capable of beating any team, anywhere in the NBA. That is a true MVP.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:30 AM   #21
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
But anyone that has witnessed all three games this year cannot actually believe that the Celtics are head-and-shoulders better than the Cavs. It just isn't so...

The Cavs are playing extremely well right now, even with Varejao and Pavlovic being hurt (we might be adding Gooden to that list). They have won 13 of 16 including victories over Dallas, San Antonio, Lakers, Celtics, etc...
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 AM   #22
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
I would say right now LeBron is the better player (and therefore best player in the NBA), but Kobe deserves the MVP more.

Why though? That doesn't make sense. I've seen a hundred times that Kobe deserves it because he hasn't won before and thats bull****, don't give the MVP to the best player who hasn't won yet to make up for past years give it the guy you think deserves it this year. And if you think Bron is the best player (which I agree with), and watching the way his team has performed when messing major portions of the team for major time this year I don't see an argument for not giving him the MVP.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:38 AM   #23
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassy JR
Beast of the East?

Is Lebron a legit MVP candidate or is it just me?

They beat the Celts, by one but they are showin they can play with the "Best team in the East" they are the defendin champs of the East and they are reppin well...as a cavs fan I gotta say don't sleep on us...and if you don't believe it..look at the digits:)

I'm a Cavs fan, but then again...it might go different next time they run into Boston with Garnett starting and playing.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:43 AM   #24
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
But anyone that has witnessed all three games this year cannot actually believe that the Celtics are head-and-shoulders better than the Cavs. It just isn't so...

The Cavs are playing extremely well right now, even with Varejao and Pavlovic being hurt (we might be adding Gooden to that list). They have won 13 of 16 including victories over Dallas, San Antonio, Lakers, Celtics, etc...

People look at how bad the Cavs supporting cast was last year and expect the same team from last year this year and thats not been the case. Even though their only roster moves was adding Devin Brown and Cedric Simmons, the improvements in Gibson and Varajeo's game along with Z having a much better year and Hughes just not playing quite as bad as last year and with the most important factor being Bron playing even better than he has in the past this team is much improved over last year's squad. I don't think the Spurs would sweep the Cav's playing this way.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:17 PM   #25
Bassy JR
I airball my layups

Bassy JR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Lebron James Updated Stats

30.2 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 7.3 apg, 2.1 spg, 1.1 bpg

Cavs with Lebron ( 27-14)

Cavs W/O Lebron= ( 0-6)