Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default It's getting colder in the city

So I went out and bought a new coat for the season.

What ya think ISH??

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/peter-mi...resultback=833

I decided to make a statement this time around and went with the Vicuna color.

Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: It's getting colder in the city

Uhh what? That coat is like 1300 CAD, so I assume its 1k USD. Lmao @ buying thousand dollar clothing unless you make 7 figures.

Looks great though, but I would never spend half a paycheck on one piece of winter clothing. It isnt even that warm, you'd have to wear layers underneath. If it was a super nice down jacket with a good brand, maybe I can see $1000. But no offense OP, I could have a same/similar looking one for one tenth the cost. Hope that your extra bit of quality and extra large chunk of brand luxuriousness is worth that extra dough.

Anyone responding with ".. but Nordstrom brand is good blah blah.. their quality is _____, they use the best material, etc" needs to face the truth. Sure all those qualities you mentioned are true. But is the quality ten times as good? Will that coat last you ten times as long as a normal coat? Will you be ten times as warm? Functionally, it is not a good buy. But this is only because I'm not rich. If you're rich OP, then ignore everything I said and enjoy your new baller coat. If youre not rich but you've been eyeing that particular piece for a while and waited for it to go on sale, then hats off to you. But if youre a regular Joe like me and you bought it at that sticker price, there is no ****ing way to justify that.
    Last edited by ISHGoat; 10-06-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Uhh what? That coat is like 1300 CAD, so I assume its 1k USD. Lmao @ buying thousand dollar clothing unless you make 7 figures.

Looks great though, but I would never spend half a paycheck on one piece of winter clothing. It isnt even that warm, you'd have to wear layers underneath. If it was a super nice down jacket with a good brand, maybe I can see $1000. But no offense OP, I could have a same/similar looking one for one tenth the cost. Hope that your extra bit of quality and extra large chunk of brand luxuriousness is worth that extra dough.

Nordstrom is pretty upscale. It was on sale for $850 for me at the store. I haven't spent money on a new coat in a few years, plus this was more of a Christmas gift to myself seeing as I am going to be using it quite a bit this season. Normally I'm with you on the price, but I can afford it.

Tolerant Liberals

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Nordstrom is pretty upscale. It was on sale for $850 for me at the store. I haven't spent money on a new coat in a few years, plus this was more of a Christmas gift to myself seeing as I am going to be using it quite a bit this season. Normally I'm with you on the price, but I can afford it.
    When you put it that way

Plus you Yankees probably make a lot more $ for an equivalent job, but I guess that is offset by your higher property/rental prices.

How much would you spend on a leather jacket?? I've paid anywhere between $80-$800 for a leather jacket and still use the $800 ones to this day cause of the quality. I'll usually check out Harley Davidson for quality stuff. When I buy a jacket or a coat, I tend to get my money's worth cause I'll wear the shit out of it.

Tolerant Liberals

How much would you spend on a leather jacket?? I've paid anywhere between $80-$800 for a leather jacket and still use the $800 ones to this day cause of the quality. I'll usually check out Harley Davidson for quality stuff. When I buy a jacket or a coat, I tend to get my money's worth cause I'll wear the shit out of it.
    I wouldnt spend more than 200 on a fall jacket, and that is really pushing it for me in terms of $ on clothes. A winter jacket maybe 300-400. I prefer having a bunch of different jackets that I can switch up and match the rest of my outfit and match the temperature outside. So I usually go for deals like "Get two for the price of one" or "Buy one get the second xx% off". This way not only allows you to have a larger wardrobe, but also you wouldn't feel as bad if something were to happen to the jacket.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

So I went out and bought a new coat for the season.

What ya think ISH??

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/peter-mi...resultback=833

I decided to make a statement this time around and went with the Vicuna color.
    Depends on where you live I suppose.

I think it's a bit too much, Im sure the quality of the wool is great but I don't know about it's performance.

I live in Ottawa where it's freezing and I bus. I have a North Face that's decent until the temp drops to minus double digits. Canada Goose are everyone's go to coat, but I've done research and tried out Nobis and Mackage. Both are less clunky and heavy, more stylish and according to reviews perform just as good if not better than Canada Goose.

Patagonia is the best if you really want to survive the elements. Expensive, but it lasts and they have annual 50% off summer and "last season's gear" sales. The last season's model sales ends today or yesterday.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i have a nice cashmere topcoat i where once in a while but i find its too nice to wear during the daily grind.

i just wear cheaper wool one. Sh*t gets f*cked up walking around downtown during the nasty winters.

Those Burberry prices

Banned

bet you bought that shit on sale. mc donalds salary can only allow that. good luck missing that car payment this month on your dodge neon. not only is that shit ugly, its the kind of ugly that would make me buy it and gift it to my ****ing enemy. and not only gift it, i would make my enemy wear it out to functions. if i was obama, i would gift it to putin. that shit is the equivalent of wearing 3 polo shirts one on top of the other with all 3 collars popped up. you repulse me. go steal a homeless man's jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    bet you bought that shit on sale. mc donalds salary can only allow that. good luck missing that car payment this month on your dodge neon. not only is that shit ugly, its the kind of ugly that would make me buy it and gift it to my ****ing enemy. and not only gift it, i would make my enemy wear it out to functions. if i was obama, i would gift it to putin. that shit is the equivalent of wearing 3 polo shirts one on top of the other with all 3 collars popped up. you repulse me. go steal a homeless man's jacket.
    Dodge Neon 5 out of 5 stars Review on Edmunds

Banned

My friend has a sick 2k Burberry pea coat.

I have never seen a coat so nice.

While its way more than what I would pay but its a lifetime coat. Probably the only pea coat he will ever own.

Disappointed, thought this thread was gonna be about women's nipples poking through

Banned

that's a really ugly coat and it won't even be that warm.