Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DraftKings

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: DraftKings

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    How do you do it, I was in 3 last year and it was a terrible experience. I'm back down to 2, but I think 1 is ideal and 2 is manageable.
    This is my first year with three, and I'm really not enjoying it. I spend almost every Tuesday night like clockwork doing an hours worth of roster maintenance and looking at the waiver wire. On top of everything else, two of the leagues are in Yahoo, and one is in ESPN.

The ESPN league is friends and guys from work. It's the league I'm most socially active with.
    The second league is the one I care about, it's a thousand dollar buy in. This is my third season. The unique thing is that we do a live pen and paper draft. I've finished second both seasons I've been in it. But other than one guy, I really don't know anyone else in the league (other than the fact that I know them now through the league for a few years, and I have become pretty friendly with a few of them).

The third league is run by the same guy, a guy I've gotten friendly with, and it's 100 dollar buy in. They call it the JV league, and it's basically a clump of guys from the same circle who either can't or don't want to spend a thousand bucks on a fantasy league, but they want to play, so this guy runs this second league. I got asked to join because they needed a tenth guy, and the fella who runs it knows that I pay and that I'll at least pay attention all year.

I don't think I'd do it again. Inevitably every game on Sunday has guys I have in one league who are against me in another, and frankly I've just stopped paying attention until the day is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    This is my first year with three, and I'm really not enjoying it. I spend almost every Tuesday night like clockwork doing an hours worth of roster maintenance and looking at the waiver wire. On top of everything else, two of the leagues are in Yahoo, and one is in ESPN.

The ESPN league is friends and guys from work. It's the league I'm most socially active with.
    The second league is the one I care about, it's a thousand dollar buy in. This is my third season. The unique thing is that we do a live pen and paper draft. I've finished second both seasons I've been in it. But other than one guy, I really don't know anyone else in the league (other than the fact that I know them now through the league for a few years, and I have become pretty friendly with a few of them).

The third league is run by the same guy, a guy I've gotten friendly with, and it's 100 dollar buy in. They call it the JV league, and it's basically a clump of guys from the same circle who either can't or don't want to spend a thousand bucks on a fantasy league, but they want to play, so this guy runs this second league. I got asked to join because they needed a tenth guy, and the fella who runs it knows that I pay and that I'll at least pay attention all year.

I don't think I'd do it again. Inevitably every game on Sunday has guys I have in one league who are against me in another, and frankly I've just stopped paying attention until the day is over.
    I'm in four leagues now, with three of them being cash leagues ($100, $100, $40), but I have slowly started to care less and less about my season long leagues (although I am 3-0, 2-1, 2-1, and 1-2 with solid lineups, my 1-2 league having Foster/Bell and most of my others have some combination of Foster/Dez) and tend to focus more on the Daily leagues for the exact reason I bolded above.

I tend to not pay attention to season long leagues because I am in so many, its too hard to know who to cheer for and who not to, so on Sundays I cheer for my daily teams and then at the end of the night, see what I need on Monday to win my season long leagues.

Yes, you will win some money on this website, but you will never win "the big one".
    Like already stated by others, number of users suddenly jumps in huge numbers few mins before a contest starts.
    I believe they add their own lineups and adjust players during the contest as no user is going to go thru over 90,000+ lineups to check on this.
    Usually the winners will have players in their lineups nobody has any business knowing their names but happened to perform that week. It is impossible for me to believe somebody actually put those players in their lineup.

You will never win against an online website that can see your cards (your lineups), but you cannot see it's cards.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Yes, you will win some money on this website, but you will never win "the big one".
    Like already stated by others, number of users suddenly jumps in huge numbers few mins before a contest starts.
    I believe they add their own lineups and adjust players during the contest as no user is going to go thru over 90,000+ lineups to check on this.
    Usually the winners will have players in their lineups nobody has any business knowing their names but happened to perform that week. It is impossible for me to believe somebody actually put those players in their lineup.

You will never win against an online website that can see your cards (your lineups), but you cannot see it's cards.

Right, like I said, my step-brother (the one I am in the $300 lobby up ^^ there) won first place ($11,250) on a $1 bet in PGA fantasy on DraftKings less than six months ago.

Maybe the game riggers forgot about that one.

In that ONE lobby (the one I'm in), the website is making almost $800,000 in cash after awarding the payouts, I don't think they'd try and rig the games and risk destroying their reputation to cheat. $800,000 off one lobby. Think about that for a second.
    Last edited by UK2K; 10-02-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Right, like I said, my step-brother (the one I am in the $300 lobby up ^^ there) won first place ($11,250) on a $1 bet in PGA fantasy on DraftKings less than six months ago.

Maybe the game riggers forgot about that one.
    So it's completely not true then?

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    So it's completely not true then?
    Read what I wrote in the edit.

DK makes millions upon millions every weekend. I highly, highly doubt they would go so far as to cheat to make MORE and risk their reputation.

In the one lobby I am in, there is $1,125,000 in the pot, and about $400,000 in prize payouts, meaning they keep $800k. You think they're gonna cheat to win an extra $10k?

Investors have put in over $100,000,000, so to risk being shut down for 10 or 20 or 50k seems incredibly stupid.
    Last edited by UK2K; 10-02-2015 at 10:37 AM.

It's distinctly possible the jump in entries isn't from the league but from a gambling firm, like the one Haralobis Vargolis runs, that has created some kind of a bot that can spit out multiple permutations after all last minute information has been handed out to the public.

I have no real knowledge of this, but it certainly comes to mind as something that would be possible if one had the resources. The really good guys are always ahead of the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It's distinctly possible the jump in entries isn't from the league but from a gambling firm, like the one Haralobis Vargolis runs, that has created some kind of a bot that can spit out multiple permutations after all last minute information has been handed out to the public.

I have no real knowledge of this, but it certainly comes to mind as something that would be possible if one had the resources. The really good guys are always ahead of the curve.
    Good article from Bloomberg about that:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ntasy-football

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Only the top 1.3 percent of players finished in the green during the three months measured by the Sport Business Journal.

That makes me elite then, seeing as I brought in +$600 last NFL season. I don't use anything other than a few sites that track fantasy stats, and a whole lot of time watching the games.

Most people probably go for the huge millionaire prizes, but I found playing 10 50/50 $10 games and making money is a lost easier than playing 1 $100 game. Gotta know how to play. And when to play, as I don't play every week and if I do, a lot of the time it's with smaller amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Only the top 1.3 percent of players finished in the green during the three months measured by the Sport Business Journal.

That makes me elite then, seeing as I brought in +$600 last NFL season. I don't use anything other than a few sites that track fantasy stats, and a whole lot of time watching the games.

Most people probably go for the huge millionaire prizes, but I found playing 10 50/50 $10 games and making money is a lost easier than playing 1 $100 game. Gotta know how to play. And when to play, as I don't play every week and if I do, a lot of the time it's with smaller amounts.
    Yeah, the article says that the NFL has helped to drive suckers into MLB games. Basically, people get a taste of daily fantasy on NFL Sundays and get impatient so they try some MLB games and get destroyed.

Yeah, the article says that the NFL has helped to drive suckers into MLB games. Basically, people get a taste of daily fantasy on NFL Sundays and get impatient so they try some MLB games and get destroyed.
    I made +$600 on NFL in DK last year, then lost about $450 on NBA a few weeks later.

Lesson learned.

Thanks, good read. And it looks like the real conglomerate gamblers haven't even gotten into it yet.

well, i'm in the green so far but not by much. just won $7.25 off a $3 league. Last week I didn't win anything and before that I won like $6-7 Really this makes watching the NFL worth it to me. I enjoy it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    nice job, ez money

Banned

My computer programmer friend says they allow bots on these sites. Small time guys get killed by these people.