Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Draft Kings corruption?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/sp...vals.html?_r=0

Draft Kings response was about the stupidest thing they could have done btw. They should have said "we will be researching things as heavily as possible", instead they said "nothing is wrong, don't worry". Which means the govt. will be there in a second...

There's a shitload of ways they can cheat btw. insider info, late bets (allowing changes, entries in late), changing the amounts of bets when it's clear someone is winning, disallowing entries (Brady is your QB, just found out he's not playing), etc.

Also sounds like people might be getting inside info from teams and using it to bet. This is going to be fun...

BTW, i know some of you reflexively will say it's all ok, but if someone is rigging the system, unless that's you, I wouldn't want to play.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: Draft Kings corruption?

Draft kings has been exposed a few times with shady shit and they always say it was a glitch. the most convenient glitches ever...

That shit is crooked.

There's no way they can ignore a NY Times article. Shit about to hit the fan. It's started that slow burn. Wait for the first senator to talk on it soon.

I won around $500 on fanduel last year, but I am done with daily fantasy for now.

In addition to shady stuff like the insider trading in the OP link, a huge percentage of the lineups you play against on these sites are lineups that were automatically generated by some computer algorithm. So you arent just playing against other people, but the majority of your opponents are basically just robot lignups that were automatically created by some mathematician.

Also the commercials are annoying as f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k and borderline fraudulent (no they dont really match your initial deposit). I dont want to give these assholes more money so they can bombard me with even more bullshit ads. I also hate how the commentators talk about daily fantasy during the game broadcasts... **** that shit pisses me off.
    Last edited by Nanners; 10-06-2015 at 01:30 PM.

Banned

i remember when condia changed his lineup somehow for a much better lineups during the games on fanduel and they thought no one would notice lol.Them sites been a scam.They can just create a account and give him all the best players so he can win the top prizes in the big tournaments.No one would ever even know cause its no way you can follow anyone from the start of the games til the finish + there be like 400k people in the tournament.No one regulates them either so if they are doing this no 1 would even know unless someone who works for them admits it.

NBA Legend

Their commercials are so obnoxious and tasteless. Never would give them my business in the first place. The operation just reeks of sketch.

Online gambling and corruption? I'm shocked and amazed.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I love draft kings, heavily addicted, I'm up $300+ so far this year...I'll beat the shit out of some bots

That insider trading needs to stop though...fck that

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    they are governing themselves, they will smarten up
    dont worry
    I know you're being sarcastic but I think they will stop...this is a multi-billion dollar industry and they don't want it to get frozen like online poker did. They are stinking rich without the insider trading, I'm sure they are telling their employees that they better cut that shit out.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Online gambling and corruption? I'm shocked and amazed.

this.

online gambling is for highschoolers with mom's credit card and idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    I know you're being sarcastic but I think they will stop...this is a multi-billion dollar industry and they don't want it to get frozen like online poker did. They are stinking rich without the insider trading, I'm sure they are telling their employees that they better cut that shit out.
    That won't work. They need to put safeguards and transparency into the system. This is gambling. People who gamble will do anything to make money off it. I can think of 20 different ways to cheat the system if I could get access to people there. They either are going to announce all the new safeguards and transparency or the govt is going to step in like an atomic bomb.

The issue here isn't the employees cheating, it's that there's no way to stop cheating. Employees can just call their friends and give out info. And also, who is to say someone isn;t hacking the system? Making late changes and changing the clock.

I'd be careful on putting my money in that until this gets settled. These stories tend to break worse and worse, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    That won't work. They need to put safeguards and transparency into the system. This is gambling. People who gamble will do anything to make money off it. I can think of 20 different ways to cheat the system if I could get access to people there. They either are going to announce all the new safeguards and transparency or the govt is going to step in like an atomic bomb.

The issue here isn't the employees cheating, it's that there's no way to stop cheating. Employees can just call their friends and give out info. And also, who is to say someone isn;t hacking the system? Making late changes and changing the clock.

I'd be careful on putting my money in that until this gets settled. These stories tend to break worse and worse, not the other way around.
    They can't change lineups after the games have started, you can see every lineup.

Employees with valuable info can always inside trade, just like the stock market. And like the stock market it needs to be regulated.

I do think this thing is getting too big for it's own good and will eventually be shut down by the gov just like online poker was.

sports betting is big in the UK, unless fanduel and draftkings monumentally fucc up (as this would seem to imply), i don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to function. Annoying adverts and sponsorships everywhere notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    They can't change lineups after the games have started, you can see every lineup.

Employees with valuable info can always inside trade, just like the stock market. And like the stock market it needs to be regulated.

I do think this thing is getting too big for it's own good and will eventually be shut down by the gov just like online poker was.
    Don't get me wrong, i don't think it needs to disappear. Not my cup of tea but it looks fun. But people are giving it too much the benefit of the doubt, people cheat at gambling. People cheat at business done electronically with money. This is both, with a very young worker base and little safeguards. It has to be corrupt as ****.

I'd think this would all shake out and be the same but highly regulated.

Banned

i hope they cut the employee shit out. it's pretty fun to win money on there and track ur lineups all day. if they cut that shit out we'll be cool
    im okay with it being regulated too so everything is made to be fair