Default D'Angelo Russell named to NBA All-Rookie second team

Russell is the second consecutive Laker to be honored with an All-Rookie team selection, joining Jordan Clarkson who was selected to the First Team last season, and is the fourth Laker in team history (Kobe Bryant and Travis Knight in 1996-97 and Nick Van Exel in 1993-94) to be awarded Second Team honors.

The second overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft played in 80 games (48 starts) in 2015-16, averaging 13.2 points, 3.4 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.16 steals in 28.2 minutes per game. He finished the year ranked 4th among rookies in assists and steals, and 5th in points and three-point field goal percentage, and was one of 10 American rookie and sophomore players selected by the league

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: D'Angelo Russell named to NBA All-Rookie second team

He deserved it. Just gotta hope he continues to get better.

I don't see how Jokic and Booker made it on the first team over him.

NBA lottery pick

Booker I can understand. He was really good this season. Jokic is a lot better than you guys seem to give him credit for. When he was getting playing time he was putting up double doubles. He was just splitting time with Nurkic. Next year Jokic is supposed to be playing PF instead of C. That tells me Kenneth Faried is on his way out. But that will also mean he won't be splitting time and will get some more minutes so he'll have better numbers. I do think Russell is a better player and should have been on the first team over him. I guess that's what happens when you do what he did to Nick Young though

Home of the 16

Congrats, D'LO! Stay off the Hollywood life, please.